Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

[USA] S@H Series 2 Collectible Minifigures

Post your sales news here. Open forum. No Special Access Required!

[USA] S@H Series 2 Collectible Minifigures

Postby Darth Maul » Tue Aug 31, 2010 2:37 pm

Darth Maul

Re: (USA) S@H Series 2 Collectible Minifigures

Postby ricefields » Tue Aug 31, 2010 2:56 pm

Thanks,

Also available at Canadian S@H for $2.99
ricefields

Postby ufjason » Tue Aug 31, 2010 5:47 pm

Just got a set, I'm sure they're going to be canceling separate orders from people who are ordering more than 16. My TRU is getting these in tomorrow but they come in at 2.99 so it's cheaper to buy these online and have them delivered!
Last edited by ufjason on Tue Aug 31, 2010 8:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
eBay store, contact me if you'd like to perform trades from my inventory. I'm looking for original genosian fighers, second version a-wing fighters and tie bombers. I may be interested in other sets so let me know what you have.
ufjason

Postby fredjh » Tue Aug 31, 2010 6:18 pm

I'd like to add that, while not trying to hijack the thread, there are a number of other things listed (but not yet available). The Winter Bakery was already there, but now the advent calendars and Harry Potter stuff are there, just not available.
fredjh

Re: [USA] S@H Series 2 Collectible Minifigures

Postby MisterFubar » Tue Aug 31, 2010 7:51 pm

I ordered my 16. Hopefully I'll get the last 2 I need since I am to cheap to buy them on the secondary market.

Yes I realize there is a little bit of insanity in buying 16 at $2 each to avoid buying 2 at $4 each.
MisterFubar

Postby Gooker1 » Tue Aug 31, 2010 8:08 pm

LOL - I just saw this post as I posted earlier in another thread. Post what you get when you get them in. That'd be sick if Lego sends a full set to everyone, but I highly doubt it.
Gooker1

Postby solo606 » Wed Sep 01, 2010 9:27 am

I ordered 16 last night as well.
I also bought a bunch last week at TRU @ $2.99.
I can return all the ones I don't want on my TRU receipt and get some money back.
solo606

Postby Nannan » Wed Sep 01, 2010 8:51 pm

Prepare to get many multiples of just a few figs. Quantities of each fig are packed in loose clusters, so unless the sales associates grab from different parts of the box, you're likely to get several copies and not as much variety.
Nannan

Postby pharmjod » Thu Sep 02, 2010 5:01 am

I know this is beyond wishful thinking, but it would be nice if due to the grumblings of people this last go around LEGO at least for initial orders made an attempt to send out full sets with orders of 16. I know thats not likely to happen, but it would be cool if it did. It couldn't be that difficult to just have them presorted initially. I guess I'll know in a few days.
pharmjod

Postby Dr. Cart » Thu Sep 02, 2010 2:45 pm

Yea,

I have now ordered my second flight of 16 from S@H.

That is because after ordering the first flight, I thought I would just try to find them like Series 1.

So my local TRU has them ($2.99 a pop) but they will only let you buy 2/party/day. That's right... I and my kids and wife walked with two total. This policy virtually assures that no one who is looking to collect an entire set locally can because they don't have enough stock for me to come back on 8 consecutive days...

While I respect that the "kids" need a chance to get them and appreciate the attempt to make sure they just don't end up dumped on the secondary market (I have only bought or traded to collect my set and then I am out)... I think this policy is a bit extreme.

The manager told me I was a bit "obsessive" about the whole thing and that perhaps my time was better spent "doing something else".

I think that my time will be better spent frequenting stores other than his in the future.

Dr. Cart
Dr. Cart

Postby SH1 » Thu Sep 02, 2010 3:14 pm

From the other side of the coin, I took the kids to 3 different stores today in search of these figs: TRU, Borders, and the Lego Store. All. Sold. Out. after one day. incredible. S@H looks to be the only place for me to find them this round.
SH1

Postby DarthMC » Thu Sep 02, 2010 3:29 pm

I have a feeling that when Target and Walmart start getting their shipments, there will be quite a few left at TRU due to the $1.00 price differential (Target and Walmart usually sell at or below MSRP). Of course someone will still go by TRU and buy all of the Spartans from the box....

And on a separate topic - Why only 3 spartans per box? Did they not know that would be so popular?

DarthMC
DarthMC

Postby ThatGuyWithTheBricks » Thu Sep 02, 2010 4:06 pm

Hopefully because the order limit is larger, it will be a lot more available than last time...
I build it so you don't have to!
Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/people/36880009@N02/
For the record, if you want to refer to me but don't want to type my name, call me TGWTB.
ThatGuyWithTheBricks

Postby CJF28 » Thu Sep 02, 2010 6:02 pm

Just got my confirmation today from S@H.

Waiting for my tracking # to go live, so I can see a delivery date
CJF28

Postby combattank » Thu Sep 02, 2010 11:15 pm

DarthMC wrote:I have a feeling that when Target and Walmart start getting their shipments, there will be quite a few left at TRU due to the $1.00 price differential (Target and Walmart usually sell at or below MSRP). Of course someone will still go by TRU and buy all of the Spartans from the box....

And on a separate topic - Why only 3 spartans per box? Did they not know that would be so popular?

DarthMC

Are Target and Walmart supposed to be getting them? If so, anyone know around when?
combattank

Postby drdavewatford » Fri Sep 03, 2010 5:16 am

I would be absolutely amazed if LEGO sent out complete sets of 16 figs to those who order. Can you imagine how much extra work that would be, given the popularity of these things ?! More likely they've got a bunch of overworked guys in the warehouse grabbing handfuls of foil bags from huge boxes and stuffing them into envelopes just as fast as thry can !

Still, we can dream.........
Love Lego ? Visit my blog at http://www.gimmelego.blogspot.com
drdavewatford

Postby Mister Ed » Fri Sep 03, 2010 6:36 am

DarthMC wrote:And on a separate topic - Why only 3 spartans per box? Did they not know that would be so popular?

Um, yes, they DID have a pretty good idea. That's WHY there are only three per box. That's why there were only three Zombies per box last time. The hope is that people will buy more packs in the hopes of getting those more popular, yet rarer, figs. Of course, I think that's foolish myself, since the people that REALLY want a Spartan (or multiple Spartans) could easily find them, even without barcodes, so all LEGO is doing by making more popular ones rarer is cheating themselves out of sales when the people that CARE which ones they get will find out before they buy, and simply not buy if what they want isn't there.

Until they put these things in rigid boxes, I can see no point in this sort of rarity structure. It seems like it will make them LESS money, not more.

(I also don't see why they don't mix the figs up in the box more, too. For anybody that IS just grabbing random figs, they will be turned off pretty fast by repeatedly getting multiples in the same small purchase, I would think. The things I heard about people ordering 5 off Shop@Home and getting 3 of one and 2 of another, well I would think that's a quick way to kill interest in the product.)
Mister Ed

Postby kelano28 » Fri Sep 03, 2010 6:46 am

Mister Ed wrote:Until they put these things in rigid boxes, I can see no point in this sort of rarity structure. It seems like it will make them LESS money, not more.

I think if they just took away unique barcodes we would almost have mystery minifigs. Perhaps if a paper insert covered the pieces it would be tough to figure out from 'feeling' the bag. I personally think an actual mystery aspect to the sets would enhance the experience, so long as you are willing to put in the effort to trade for desired ones you didn't get. People would continue to buy more thinking 'maybe this time I'll get a zombie' rather than scanning every package and seeing there are none left. If Lego is going for a pokemon card effect, they need to make these truly mysterious and try to avoid the S@H multiples trend.
kelano28

Postby solo606 » Fri Sep 03, 2010 7:52 am

I think it all varies store to store on how many you can buy.
I was at a TRU that limited Series 1 figs to 2 per person while others there is no limit.
I have only seen series two in one store and bought as many as I could, so I could share with my LUG mates.
solo606

Postby that guy » Fri Sep 03, 2010 7:54 am

So my local TRU got them in, and of course they're at $2.99 but they are strictly off limits to ANYONE touching them. If you want to buy them, they are limiting to 5 per person per day and you take what the manager hands you. The cashier has to call for a manager and he gives you the 5 and he was very quick to tell me that he wouldn't advise returning them. What a d!ck. Anyway, I also see that Lego.com sold out yesterday and is only doing back-orders now so who know how many they'll be able to fill but I guess we'll see. The kicker is that they didn't impose the one order per person like last time so people could order as many sets of 16 as they wanted and they processed and shipped them all. Good times.
that guy

Next

Return to Finds/Deals