Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

[UK] Minifigures Series 2 now available at WH Smiths

Post your sales news here. Open forum. No Special Access Required!

[UK] Minifigures Series 2 now available at WH Smiths

Postby Staff » Mon Aug 23, 2010 9:19 am

Minfigures Series 2 is now available at WH Smiths stores, nationwide, subject to stock.  They're priced at £1.99 each and are usually on display at the payment counter.  Ask nicely and they should allow you to search through the box using your chosen identification method (barcodes printout, iphone/android phone application, feeling the pack, using the force or just plain pot luck).

On the subject of the Series 1 sets, it appears that Asda stores are still getting stock of these or at least my local large store is.  Might be worth checking out the toy aisle if you're in one.

---
Permalink: http://www.fbtb.net/2010/08/23/uk-minifigures-series-2-now-available-at-wh-smiths/
Staff

Re: [UK] Minifigures Series 2 now available at WH Smiths

Postby mdilthey » Mon Aug 23, 2010 10:08 pm

I, personally, use the Schwartz.
mdilthey

Postby Jabba the Taff » Tue Aug 24, 2010 5:12 am

I just finished my collection today in my small local WH Smiths, so maybe (with your comments about Tesco and Asda) this series is more widely available.

They had them behind the counter and on display, and though they looked at me strangely when I asked to look at those behind the counter they didn't seem too bothered. I do wonder how much labeling the figures would have affected sales. I suppose Lego is trying to maximise sales of all figures, but when I was the target age I remember wanting to complete my collection of stickers etc. And none of my friends were only after just one particular variety of whatever, they were completists as well. I never had many spares left at the end so it wasn't like they were making vast amounts of extra money by selling me extras.
Jabba the Taff

Postby drdavewatford » Tue Aug 24, 2010 4:40 pm

I got lazy this time and just bought a complete set of 16 MISB from EBay. I was happy to pay a premium in order to avoid having to trawl through the bags trying to find the missing figs, assuming I could find them in stock..... Time is money etc.

Great figures, though - bring on series 3.........

:-)
Love Lego ? Visit my blog at http://www.gimmelego.blogspot.com
drdavewatford

Return to Finds/Deals