Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

Lego Winter Toy Shop -- AMAZON

Post your sales news here. Open forum. No Special Access Required!

Re: Lego Winter Toy Shop -- AMAZON

Postby ufjason » Thu Sep 23, 2010 8:30 am

When Lego makes a Hanukkah scene with a menorah, they can have a christmas shop. Till then, I prefer the politically correct winter shop.
eBay store, contact me if you'd like to perform trades from my inventory. I'm looking for original genosian fighers, second version a-wing fighters and tie bombers. I may be interested in other sets so let me know what you have.
ufjason

Postby fredjh » Thu Sep 23, 2010 9:01 am

ufjason wrote:When Lego makes a Hanukkah scene with a menorah, they can have a christmas shop.

I'll let them know you've laid down the law.

Till then, I prefer the politically correct winter shop.

Why? Because Christmas doesn't exist unless TLG releases a Hanukkah set?

What about Ramadan? What about every holiday?

Christmas has become so secular that you don't need to pretend it's not a Christmas set. There's no baby Jesus, no nativity scene (although I think they should release a set like that... some people might actually consider is sacrilegious, though).

What are you going to do if TLG releases a Christmas set that actually has "Christmas" in the name? Stop buying LEGO altogether? Would you not buy this set if it were called "Christmas Toy Shop?" Really? The same exact thing, but they give it a different name, and that would offend you?

Why is it so much better when it's obviously Christmas but they pretend it's not?
fredjh

Postby Mister Ed » Thu Sep 23, 2010 9:40 am

ufjason wrote:When Lego makes a Hanukkah scene with a menorah, they can have a christmas shop. Till then, I prefer the politically correct winter shop.

But they DO have a Christmas Toy Shop. They just don't call it that.

It seems odd that you would be OK with them releasing sets with all the trappings of Christmas (and no sets with any trappings of Hanukkah or other religious holidays), yet would be upset only if the set was accurately labeled. The "politically correct" thing to do would be to actually release sets involving a range of religious holidays (or no sets involving religious holidays at all). There is nothing particularly politically correct about inaccurate labeling that pretends something isn't what it obviously is.

That said, I'm not advocating the truly politically correct route, mainly because I suspect it would be more likely to lead to none (which would be a bummer, IMHO) rather than all (which I would have no issue with).
Mister Ed

Postby grogall » Thu Sep 23, 2010 11:14 am

I can confirm that the Winter Toy Shop will be available again in US brand stores on Oct. 1st.

Same day as Winter Village Bakery. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
grogall

Postby ufjason » Thu Sep 23, 2010 11:29 am

This is off topic, if you want to hash it out with me on why you're wrong, feel free to PM me.
eBay store, contact me if you'd like to perform trades from my inventory. I'm looking for original genosian fighers, second version a-wing fighters and tie bombers. I may be interested in other sets so let me know what you have.
ufjason

Postby pharmjod » Thu Sep 23, 2010 1:17 pm

Playmobil has a nativity set that they release every year. I bring this up only because I consider Playmobil to be in LEGO's peer group (high end quality toys made by europeans :) It seems to work ok for them and I think many families love having a nativity set that the kids can play with since so many tend to be really nice display pieces and not meant for kids. Also, LEGO makes Santa minifigures every year, and he's exclusively associated with Christmas (for better or worse) so it really just amuses me that they dance around the whole Christmas thing. What they need to do is make a Hanukkah Harry figure with Moische, Herschel and Schlomo to compliment Santa. Now that would rock :)

The Winter Toy Shop is cool regardless of the name, but I guess it is just a sign of how secular the world has really become when I just am used to dumbing down Christmas for the sake of being PC.
pharmjod

Postby fredjh » Thu Sep 23, 2010 1:34 pm

pharmjod wrote:What they need to do is make a Hanukkah Harry figure with Moische, Herschel and Schlomo to compliment Santa. Now that would rock :)

Actually, as a non-Jew, barely Christian, I think that really would rock. I wouldn't mind a set with with Holiday pieces from all major religions.
fredjh

Postby sadowsk1 » Thu Sep 23, 2010 6:03 pm

They are back at amazon.com! 8:30pm Central Time.
sadowsk1

Postby J30spiff » Thu Sep 23, 2010 6:42 pm

sadowsk1 wrote:They are back at amazon.com! 8:30pm Central Time.

Thanks, I was finally able to order this. Now I don't have to wake up early to place an order. :D
J30spiff

Postby Mister Ed » Fri Sep 24, 2010 6:19 am

ufjason wrote:This is off topic, if you want to hash it out with me on why you're wrong, feel free to PM me.

No need, as I know I'm right. XD
Mister Ed

Postby spacysmoke » Fri Sep 24, 2010 11:14 am

Back in stock at Amazon! Just got mine XD
spacysmoke

Postby mr_joshua » Fri Sep 24, 2010 12:00 pm

Thanks to Ace I just spent 59.99 at Amazon. Hopefully this will turn out as one of those 'I sure am glad I got one while the gettin was good' situations and not a 'why did I buy this??!??' decision. Now I will have to grab the 'winter' bakery set when it comes out.

Ordered mine about 10 minutes ago.
mr_joshua

Postby CJF28 » Sat Sep 25, 2010 12:07 am

Figures its in stock, and the wife says we have no play money right now.

siiiiiiiiigh
CJF28

Postby onions » Sat Sep 25, 2010 12:19 am

mr_joshua wrote:Thanks to Ace I just spent 59.99 at Amazon. Hopefully this will turn out as one of those 'I sure am glad I got one while the gettin was good' situations and not a 'why did I buy this??!??' decision. Now I will have to grab the 'winter' bakery set when it comes out.

Ordered mine about 10 minutes ago.

you're welcome? :lol:

and if you used our referral link, thanks! XD
onions
Founder
Founder

Postby combattank » Sat Sep 25, 2010 12:25 am

It is back on Amazon right now, but is being sold by Target through Amazon (at least that is what it says when I looked at it). Did you guys buy it directly from Amazon with free shipping? The price they listed for me is retail (59.99) plus approximately $12 (shipping + tax).
combattank

Postby JamesBenjamin » Sat Sep 25, 2010 3:25 am

I got it from Amazon, no shipping/tax. All signs point to this set being re-released in October, so you may want to hold back and save the $12
We are such stuff as manure is made of, so let's drink up and forget it... -Eugiene O'Neill
JamesBenjamin

Postby condor » Mon Sep 27, 2010 1:19 pm

JamesBenjamin wrote:I got it from Amazon, no shipping/tax. All signs point to this set being re-released in October, so you may want to hold back and save the $12

One of the Lego Shop workers at the Lego Kids Fest told me they'd be coming to stores on October 1st. I was lucky enough to find one there though. It was regular price, but after seeing how the prices jumped, I didn't hesitate.
condor

Postby ThinkingImpaired » Tue Sep 28, 2010 12:00 am

ufjason wrote:When Lego makes a Hanukkah scene with a menorah, they can have a christmas shop. Till then, I prefer the politically correct winter shop.

They're a business; they can do what they want. The trend has been to be politically correct to boost sales, then a couple years ago Wal-Mart bucked the trend and made sure everyone knew they were saying 'Merry Christmas'. It's a game.
Don't you waste away, for tomorrow will soon be today
ThinkingImpaired

Postby SDIronClaw » Tue Sep 28, 2010 3:28 pm

If they are going to sell it in stores, why just sell it in the North Eastern market. Why not sell it all over the US. We get snow here too......in the moutains.
"I find your lack of Lego disturbing."
SDIronClaw

Postby onions » Tue Sep 28, 2010 3:38 pm

SDIronClaw wrote:If they are going to sell it in stores, why just sell it in the North Eastern market. Why not sell it all over the US. We get snow here too......in the moutains.

don't even know what that means.

i announced this earlier:

10199 Making a Comeback

Keep your eye on this page as it has been confirmed by multiple sources that 10199 Winter Toy Shop will be returning this holiday season this Friday October 1, 2010 for the North American market. It also happens to be the same on-sale date as 10216 Winter Village Bakery. Now, if only they’d bring back the Holiday Train.
onions
Founder
Founder

PreviousNext

Return to Finds/Deals