Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

Free Chrome Stormtrooper with LEGO Star Wars Purchase

Post your sales news here. Open forum. No Special Access Required!

Free Chrome Stormtrooper with LEGO Star Wars Purchase

Postby Staff » Fri Aug 06, 2010 2:45 pm

Just like the Free Alien figure offer, Toys'R'Us is giving away a free Chrome Stormtrooper with every LEGO Star Wars purchase. If you haven't picked up any of the new summer sets, now is a good time. TRU online is offering free shipping on orders over $49 dollars as well, so you just end up paying tax. Offer good through 8/29 or while supplies last. Item added automatically to your cart. Browse LEGO Star Wars on Toys'R'Us website.

---
Permalink: http://www.fbtb.net/2010/08/06/free-chrome-stormtrooper-with-lego-star-wars-purchase/
Staff

Re: Free Chrome Stormtrooper with LEGO Star Wars Purchase

Postby GrayMattR » Sat Aug 07, 2010 6:31 am

I wonder if they'll sell them individually like last time? The only problem on the last promotion was that they sold out in one day and I didn't come until the next day. This time might be different since this promo isn't in the Sunday flyer so we might have better luck finding them in stock.
GrayMattR

Postby vman100 » Sat Aug 07, 2010 10:03 am

Reports are they are selling them for $3.99 each, but you can't buy one of these stormtroopers and get one free.
vman100

Postby Oky Wan Kenobi » Sat Aug 07, 2010 7:43 pm

I was there a few hours ago and was able to get one for free with the purchase of a battle pack and a second one for $2.99 (not 3.99).
Oky Wan Kenobi

Postby JuanBlase » Sun Aug 08, 2010 1:30 pm

Can confirm the 2.99
Also, the lady gave me a 3 for the price of 2 deal on them, have no idea where that came from.
I got a battlepack and 9 chromeys for $27.20 including tax!
JuanBlase

Postby pacific493 » Sun Aug 08, 2010 5:04 pm

I struck out at my local TRU this morning. I was able to get one chrome stormtrooper with a battlepack, but they wouldn't let me get one per set (I was originally going to buy several battlepacks to get extras) and they wouldn't sell extra ones to me. The desk clerk seemed to be willing to go along, but the manager was standing right there and nixed all of my efforts to get more than one. Oh well.
pacific493

Postby MisterFubar » Sun Aug 08, 2010 6:00 pm

Just picked up a freebie at my local TRU. I'll wait until later in the promotion to buy any. Clerk said if they still have any on Wednesday they'll sell them at 2.99.

They probably had 100 of the Toy Story Alien polybag, plus whatever they had in the box behind the counter. Looking at BL prices it might be worth picking up some for resale.
MisterFubar

Postby GrayMattR » Mon Aug 09, 2010 7:06 pm

I got a stern look and a terse "no" when I asked if I could buy the chromie separately. What a bummer. Might try calling a different store tomorrow to see if they will.
GrayMattR

Postby mrfootball » Mon Aug 09, 2010 9:59 pm

The Toys R Us near me is closing down and liquidating all of its inventory (they're opening a newer larger store a few blocks away) so they weren't running any promotions as everything in the store was 10%-30% off, so the only way I could get ahold of one of the stormtroopers was to buy it - $2.69 - it was the last one in the store.
mrfootball

Postby jasonjunker » Wed Aug 11, 2010 7:21 am

I can confirm (and have the receipt to prove it) that if you find the right store, they will sell you the chrome trooper, ($2.99) and if they will sell you more than one, every other one will be free (buy one get one free)

I've been able to get 8 total so far without having to buy another set.

:)
jasonjunker

Postby vman100 » Wed Aug 11, 2010 2:08 pm

I was at a TRU today and the guy was willing to sell me 2 (and I was hoping they would ring up as B1G1free), but he could only find one in the giant box by the register (which was filled with TS aliens). He said they are getting boxes of the stormtroopers in almost every day so to try again in day or two.
vman100

Postby Mandalorian Candidat » Wed Aug 11, 2010 3:13 pm

GrayMattR wrote:I got a stern look and a terse "no" when I asked if I could buy the chromie separately. What a bummer. Might try calling a different store tomorrow to see if they will.

I not only got the stern look, but the whole "Rebecca DeMornay" from Seinfeld treatment.

She almost made me feel guilty for even shopping there.

Luckily I had a $3 off coupon so I could get a battle pack to get the Stormie.
Mandalorian Candidat

Postby monophoton » Wed Aug 11, 2010 6:50 pm

Went to get my one, but all of the North Phoenix stores (3) are already out. Guess you better act fast!
monophoton

Postby RfAurora » Thu Aug 12, 2010 10:56 am

Ok, stupid question time. I got my Chromie today when I bought Plo Koon's Starfighter, and I was wondering if A)It's fully posable and you can remove his helmet, and B)Is it worth more if left in the polybag?
RfAurora

Postby JuanBlase » Thu Aug 12, 2010 11:32 am

Yes, and yes!
JuanBlase

Postby Mos_Eisley » Thu Aug 12, 2010 12:50 pm

RfAurora wrote:Ok, stupid question time. I got my Chromie today when I bought Plo Koon's Starfighter, and I was wondering Is it worth more if left in the polybag?

That depends on what you want to do with it. Some would say it's worth more as something you can use, thus removing it from the bag is worth more. If your purpose is reselling it in the future, of course, anything left sealed in its original packaging will be worth more to someone buying it later.
Mos_Eisley

Postby RfAurora » Thu Aug 12, 2010 5:05 pm

Thats a good question, and unfortunately, I havent come up with an answer yet. guess I needs to think on it more.
RfAurora

Postby doodlebird » Fri Aug 13, 2010 9:24 pm

jasonjunker wrote:I can confirm (and have the receipt to prove it) that if you find the right store, they will sell you the chrome trooper, ($2.99) and if they will sell you more than one, every other one will be free (buy one get one free)

I've been able to get 8 total so far without having to buy another set.

:)

lucky dawg.
i tried the same store as jason, and i think they were on to the trick.... or i just got an uncooperative manager. i could only get one extra after my free one with the SW purchase. they actually said, if we try to sell you have another, it'll be free, so you can have just the one.

bah.
good thing i got a few extra last time they ran this promo.
doodlebird

Postby Oky Wan Kenobi » Tue Aug 17, 2010 4:17 pm

My local TRU has stopped selling the Chrome Stormtrooper polybag separately because they are low on quantity. You can still get 'em for free with any Lego SW purchase, so if you still want one, go get it asap!
Oky Wan Kenobi

Postby vynsane » Sun Aug 22, 2010 9:02 pm

I was able to BOGO a pair today at my local TRU in Poughkeepsie.
ALL HAIL THE BLACTRON EMPIRE!

Flickr Photostream | Brickset reviews
vynsane

Next

Return to Finds/Deals