Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

Summer Sets Spotted In The Wild

Post your sales news here. Open forum. No Special Access Required!

Re: Summer Sets Spotted In The Wild

Postby Darth Omen » Thu Jul 15, 2010 5:21 pm

I picked up the Wampa Cave set at the C_umberland Mall area TRU in Atlanta this afternoon. I left 3 of them. The only other set they had was the AT-AT, and I left it, waiting for the inevitable sale. There were two of them. I like the original version much better.
Darth Omen

Postby Vegaxe » Thu Jul 15, 2010 5:39 pm

Not sure this is in the wild, but tru web site has:

Palp shuttle: http://click.linksynergy.com/fs-bin/cli ... M1=4066575

Clone tank: http://click.linksynergy.com/fs-bin/cli ... M1=4057241

Wampa: http://click.linksynergy.com/fs-bin/cli ... M1=4057242

In stock, free shipping on $100 order, as of July 15th, 8:30pm est.
Vegaxe

Postby sinfanti » Thu Jul 15, 2010 10:17 pm

You think you got it bad. I spotted the new Slave I at a TRU here in central Taiwan. They were charging NT$4600. That comes out to about US$143. Talk about your TRU markup.
sinfanti

Postby onions » Thu Jul 15, 2010 11:47 pm

onions
Damp Noodle

Postby Feralcom » Fri Jul 16, 2010 11:18 am

Got my Turbo Tank at Memphis TRU, but it is the only new set they had out.

Shame, last release our TRU had them up before anyone else.
Feralcom

Postby ILikePi » Fri Jul 16, 2010 8:26 pm

I spotted about 20 copies of Cad Bane's Speeder at Target today. It's a bit expensive at $50, so I'm going to wait for a sale before buying it:

ILikePi

Postby Feralcom » Fri Jul 16, 2010 11:17 pm

I know I will get it eventually, but I may wait at $50.

Went back to TRU tonight in Memphis and the rest of the items are stocked now. I got everything but the Wampa set and Slave 1.
Feralcom

Postby erol312006 » Sun Jul 18, 2010 12:22 am

i checked with target in arizona about the new star wars sets,
they all said theres a street date of august 6th .....
also i called toysrus they said the same thing.... they have them in the back but cant sell them......it really pissed me off...
just the at at and turbo tank was out for everyone to buy...
erol312006

Postby Firespray » Sun Jul 18, 2010 10:22 am

Here in Southern California at my local TRU I saw the Wampa set, Slave I, the Turbo Tank, and even the AT-AT.
Firespray

Postby popnfresh » Sun Jul 18, 2010 1:02 pm

yup ive seen the entire run of new sets for sale in socal now
popnfresh

Postby that guy » Mon Jul 19, 2010 11:22 am

While TRU does have a stock date of Aug 6th on all the boxes (it's HUGE white and red sticker stated DO NOT STOCK until Aug 6th) all you need to do is go talk to a manger and show them on your phone (assuing it's web enabled) that their website is actively selling them and they will (or at least should) allow you to buy them without too much problem. Most of the TRU's in my area already stocked and sold out of them (which is surely what they were trying to avoid) but if they're offering them on the website they should honor it in-store (at least that's my experience).
that guy

Postby erol312006 » Tue Jul 20, 2010 11:25 am

already tryed that ...... still a no go....
erol312006

Postby that guy » Tue Jul 20, 2010 12:03 pm

erol312006 wrote:already tryed that ...... still a no go....

Bummer, it worked for me at two stores, but I guess every manager is different. Sorry to hear that and good luck picking up the sets you want. I just built them all and for me they are by far some of the most fun SW sets to build in a long while. The new Slave and Grievous are by far my favorite.
that guy

Postby Prince Kahuka » Thu Jul 22, 2010 5:33 pm

Found the Toy Story 3 "Little Green Man on Spaceship" polybag (set 30070) at TRU today for $3.99. They said they just got them in today. They were sitting at the service desk, although I don't know if that's where they will keep them or if they just hadn't shelved them yet.
Prince Kahuka

Postby JamesBenjamin » Thu Jul 22, 2010 9:11 pm

Prince Kahuka wrote:Found the Toy Story 3 "Little Green Man on Spaceship" polybag (set 30070) at TRU today for $3.99. They said they just got them in today. They were sitting at the service desk, although I don't know if that's where they will keep them or if they just hadn't shelved them yet.

Oh man, I've been dying to get a few of those. I'll have to check on my way to work tomorrow. Thanks for the tip! =)
We are such stuff as manure is made of, so let's drink up and forget it... -Eugiene O'Neill
JamesBenjamin

Postby mystery » Fri Jul 23, 2010 11:37 am

Prince Kahuka wrote:Found the Toy Story 3 "Little Green Man on Spaceship" polybag (set 30070) at TRU today for $3.99. They said they just got them in today. They were sitting at the service desk, although I don't know if that's where they will keep them or if they just hadn't shelved them yet.

I also found these last weekend, was able to use the buy 1, get 1 50% off coupon that recently expired. They were on pegs at the end of the huge Toy Story 3 display in the front of the store.
mystery

Postby UOldPirate » Fri Jul 23, 2010 10:18 pm

These also started showing up in TRU's in western NY. The TRU I got them from had about 50 bags jammed into a basket hanging off the shelf in the main Lego isle. Oddly enough the basket was in front of City and Atlantis sets, since most of the Toy Story sets were on an end cap.
UOldPirate

Postby Firespray » Thu Jul 29, 2010 1:28 pm

Saw some of the summer sets at Target finally. No Cad Bane Speeders but they did have the Wampa Cave, Plo Koon's Fighter, Grevious' Fighter, and Palpatine's Shuttle.
Firespray

Postby Mister Ed » Fri Jul 30, 2010 6:18 am

My local Target had Cad Bane's Speeder and Grievous's Fighter on the shelf, and huge gaping holes labelled for the rest of the new sets. I'd be surprised if they sold out already, but I'd be equally surprised if they wasted so much shelf space just holding a spot for something they hadn't gotten yet.
Mister Ed

Postby vynsane » Fri Jul 30, 2010 7:22 am

Mister Ed wrote:My local Target had Cad Bane's Speeder and Grievous's Fighter on the shelf, and huge gaping holes labelled for the rest of the new sets. I'd be surprised if they sold out already, but I'd be equally surprised if they wasted so much shelf space just holding a spot for something they hadn't gotten yet.

Same here (except they didn't even have the Cad Bane Speeder or Grievous Starfighter) - they need to have room when the new sets come in! They had a lot of stuff on clearance (and I helped them in that regard... a LOT) last time I checked. Went back to see if anything else was marked down and it was all GONE, with the new price cards and layout all done up. Last time I was there they had one Venator, one Anakin's Y-wing and four City Garage sets all marked down 30% - was hoping to go back and pick them up at 50%, but no such luck. Won't be long now until I can sit there and stare at all the sets I can't afford ;)

They DID have some new Creator sets, and the new City 8403 Family House set, which looks pretty cool, at $39.99.
ALL HAIL THE BLACTRON EMPIRE!

Flickr Photostream | Brickset reviews
vynsane

PreviousNext

Return to Finds/Deals