Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

[USA] TRU BOGO 50% All LEGO In Stores (not SW)

Post your sales news here. Open forum. No Special Access Required!

Re: [USA] TRU BOGO 50% All LEGO In Stores (not SW)

Postby Tyrant » Fri Jul 09, 2010 8:56 pm

vynsane wrote:Right, I get that it was on clearance and multiple discount, but still - you're not saving money if you buy 20 of them... you're spending a LOT of money. Is it all on the speculation that there will be high demand on BrickLink later on? Highly unlikely, as it's on deep clearance, which tells me anyone who wanted one HAS one. Is it then merely for the pieces? Nothing but the cow jumps out at me as unique.

As pharmjod said, even reselling at retail would likely make it worth it. Reselling at retail will likely not be a hard thing to do in the next 18-24 months. As for the idea that if they are on clearance then everyone who wants one likely has one, that is simply not true in a number of cases and it fails to take into account fans who enter the hobby after this set is off the shelves. I think the Castle Skeleton Tower set is a good example. I got mine on clearance and I believe others got a number of them on clearance. In the last 6 months on BL, the average sale price on this set (new) has been $136 (originally $50). The Trade Federation MTT (7662) sat in the clearance isle of my neaarest Wal Mart for nearly a year before I bought it for $60. It was also on sale at TRU on Black Friday (if I am remembering correctly). I was able to sell mine in the last 6 months for almost 3 times what I payed for it. You can't judge future value by current retail sales. It's well within the realm of possibility that a clearance like this means that the set isn't selling particularly well and as a result there have not been further production waves on this set. If that is true, then there are less of this set than average so if interest does ever rise the limited supply will cause the price to spike quickly. That's what I have seen happen elsewhere anyway. On the other hand, you could be correct about current and future demand. It does happen the way you say sometimes as well.

On a side note, on EB someone posted that another Buy One, Get One Half Off sale at TRU is coming on the 18th and seems to be centered around certain themes based on the vague post. Post 680 on this page.
Peace is a lie, there is only passion. Through passion, I gain strength. Through strength, I gain power. Through power, I gain victory. Through victory, my chains are broken. The Force shall free me.
-The Sith Code
Bricklink Store
Tyrant

Postby SH1 » Sun Jul 11, 2010 3:11 am

TRU is continuing their BOGO 50% sale this week (7/11-7/17), through a coupon by email. SW is again excluded.
SH1

Postby pharmjod » Sun Jul 11, 2010 5:27 am

Here is a link for the coupon for anyone that didn't get an email. coupon link
pharmjod

Postby Draykov » Sun Jul 11, 2010 6:26 am

Or this... coupon
Hail Space!
Draykov

Postby onions » Sun Jul 11, 2010 7:12 am

thanks for the heads up. it's been posted
onions
Founder
Founder

Postby zaskar » Sun Jul 11, 2010 3:03 pm

Has anyone tried to use this coupon on clearance items? My TRU still has lots of farms and technic tractors and I'm debating if I should get some.
zaskar

Postby onions » Sun Jul 11, 2010 3:19 pm

it should work on clearance items.
onions
Founder
Founder

Postby vynsane » Sun Jul 11, 2010 7:11 pm

SH1 wrote:SW is again excluded.

This is NOT true - the coupon and email have NO restrictions attached.
ALL HAIL THE BLACTRON EMPIRE!

Flickr Photostream | Brickset reviews
vynsane

Postby ufjason » Sun Jul 11, 2010 7:48 pm

Are you saying that even though the coupon excludes star wars lego, you bought some with the coupon and still got the discount?
vynsane wrote:
SH1 wrote:SW is again excluded.

This is NOT true - the coupon and email have NO restrictions attached.
eBay store, contact me if you'd like to perform trades from my inventory. I'm looking for original genosian fighers, second version a-wing fighters and tie bombers. I may be interested in other sets so let me know what you have.
ufjason

Postby vynsane » Sun Jul 11, 2010 9:03 pm

ufjason wrote:Are you saying that even though the coupon excludes star wars lego, you bought some with the coupon and still got the discount?

No, I apparently didn't read thoroughly at all, the coupon obviously eliminates SW products. The last time the email also specified that SW wasn't included in the sale, but didn't this time.
ALL HAIL THE BLACTRON EMPIRE!

Flickr Photostream | Brickset reviews
vynsane

Postby THX 1138 » Tue Jul 13, 2010 3:35 pm

I'd like to make use of this. I've been wanting the Toy Story set with Buzz and Zurg ever since I saw Toy Story 3. I would get another SW battle pack or something, but since SW is excluded, I might get the set with the Army Men, or the large Buzz Lightyear set (I do really want one of the LGMs).
Do a barrel roll!
THX 1138

Postby ufjason » Fri Jul 16, 2010 4:23 pm

Saw both new trains, a pretty cool level crossing at tru so there are some opportunities to get a discount on just released non star wars sets if you're still on the hunt.
eBay store, contact me if you'd like to perform trades from my inventory. I'm looking for original genosian fighers, second version a-wing fighters and tie bombers. I may be interested in other sets so let me know what you have.
ufjason

Postby UOldPirate » Fri Jul 16, 2010 11:45 pm

For those heading out to TRU today to cash in on the last day of the BOGO 50% off coupon, I believe the additional 25% off clearance items expires today as well. In my local TRU's the offer applied only to the 1st wave of Power Miners (Thunder Driller, Stone Choppper, etc), a bunch of Bionicle and some leftover Agents sets. If you're into those themes, there are some good (not great) deals to be had.
UOldPirate

Postby SH1 » Sat Jul 17, 2010 7:40 am

UOldPirate wrote:For those heading out to TRU today to cash in on the last day of the BOGO 50% off coupon, I believe the additional 25% off clearance items expires today as well. In my local TRU's the offer applied only to the 1st wave of Power Miners (Thunder Driller, Stone Choppper, etc), a bunch of Bionicle and some leftover Agents sets. If you're into those themes, there are some good (not great) deals to be had.

I found a few Technic sets also on clearance: 8264 Hauler for less than the S@H sale price ($46, I believe), and 8259 Mini Dozer for $6. With a coupon discount, I thought these were both good deals.
SH1

Postby ufjason » Sat Jul 17, 2010 9:32 am

Thanks to pharmjod for the update, you can now use the bogo online with their updated coupon from yesterday. The code is 939046 and still excludes lego star wars sets. I tried it and it only works for a pair of sets, not for two pair. Pair this up with the free shipping on $100 purchase and you can save yourself some gas. Temple of Dooms are in stock if you missed them at Target.
ufjason

Postby MicroJow » Sat Jul 17, 2010 12:01 pm

Got a nice deal at TRU today... high up on the overstock shelf I noticed the two new trains (Passenger & Cargo) so I picked 'em up using the Buy One Get One 50% off... and on top of that, I got another $30 off for opening a TRU credit card account! $309 of trains for only $220!

J
MicroJow

Previous

Return to Finds/Deals