Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

Barnes & Noble BOGO sale

Post your sales news here. Open forum. No Special Access Required!

Re: Barnes & Noble BOGO sale

Postby ricefields » Sat Jun 26, 2010 10:25 am

that guy wrote:It's one or the other (BOGO or 40%). Even RICEFIELDS (the guy who wrote the article) only got 40% in his pictured deal. He didn't get BOGO and 40% if you look at the math. So the 40% is the better deal no matter what you buy with POP. But the 40% is ONLY working on POP sets so everything else is just BOGO.

that was not me, ace just copied nannan's order in the post.

Sorry, I could have save some of these posts in here re non POP purchases. I knew of the 40% coupon code and tested it with the fallingwater and other architect /star wars sets (not interested in POP) and did not work in combination with BOGO, so should have posted that to save you guys some trouble. But thanks for confirming that the 40% works for a single purchase on some sets.

for coupon codes that do not require membership, yes you can create another account and use the coupon code again. Members codes can only be used per membership.
Last edited by ricefields on Sat Jun 26, 2010 10:44 am, edited 2 times in total.
ricefields

Postby that guy » Sat Jun 26, 2010 10:38 am

My apologies Ricefields. I have modified my original quote and removed your name. I'm very sorry about that.
that guy

Postby onions » Sat Jun 26, 2010 10:46 am

i updated the main page post. i hope someone was able to get some deals out of the foncusion.
onions
Founder
Founder

Postby etcknight » Sat Jun 26, 2010 1:27 pm

that guy wrote:Ok, once again. Nobody is getting the BOGO + 40%. That would equal 55% off IN the cart (not 50% off the total which counts the item starting at 10% off their inflated retail then 40% in the cart like many of the examples demonstrate here). Yes I agree that in some cases it's a great deal but that's it, nobody is double dipping the discounts.

I'm not sure about double dipping, but I was able to combine/stack the discounts . . . to a degree.

I ordered Prince of Persia "Quest Against Time" (MSRP $49.99) + Toy Story "Star Command" (MSRP $29.99) - for $44.94 + tax (free shipping).
NOTE: B&N calculates discounts based on the "MSRP", not the discounted online price.
If BOGO 50% off, this would have been $49.99 + $15 = $65 (approx)
But BOGO 50% + 40% off coupon = $45 (approx)[additional $20 savings](I think the coupon was applied to PoP)
Calculated out, that comes to about a total 45% discount off MSRP before tax.

-I added the PoP set to my cart first, then applied the 40% off coupon code.
-I went back and added the Toy Story set to my cart, and B&N automatically calculated the BOGO 50%.
-This may depend largely on what sets you order, or what order you put them into your cart.

Hope this works for other people!

If you use ebates.com, you can get an additional 4% back. [so, total approx. 46.8% discount], and 2% back from my Fidelity American Express [47.7% discount]. Pretty good deal in my opinion.
etcknight

Postby that guy » Sat Jun 26, 2010 1:46 pm

Fair enough, and I agree. In those cases where you can do it right (since there were some sets that worked and some that didn't) I concur that 45% plus free shipping is the final best discount which is hella' good by any standards (and I certainly was never debating the ultimate value of any of these deals since I posted the original BOGO sale anyway :) ). I won't lie, I bought 2 Hoth sets for $32 shipped which I'll take any day right now since they're getting rid of it by the end of the year.
that guy

Postby Swoosh Factor » Sat Jun 26, 2010 9:07 pm

I can confirm that etcknight's method works for stacking the discounts. I got a Neptune Carrier and the Guggenheim for $35.97 and $19.97 respectively. Unfortunately, it only seems to work with two items in your cart.
Swoosh Factor

Postby The Brain » Sat Jun 26, 2010 9:44 pm

Confirmed that is only works with two items in your cart, but they can be equally priced. I order two Hoth Echo Base sets, for example, and the final order total was $34.86, including tax and (free) shipping. The discounts are definitely stackable. If you haven't jumped on this sale, now is the time. I was just lucky enough to have a TON of unused Barnes and Noble giftcards itching to be spent. :)
I am the brain, that which keeps you sane
I think your thoughts, I feel your pain
I am able to control both body and soul
I am never asleep, and I make you whole.
The Brain

Postby ricefields » Sun Jun 27, 2010 2:05 pm

OK this is a stackable discount for all those who could not use 50% with 40% for the sets they want. And I should have done my research back on friday but there is a code I found from coupon cabin for 15% off

X9E7V3F

for new bn customers you can use A7C7C4Y for 20% off

So for fallingwater and all lego sets that do not have the "toys and games" lego, the stackable discount should work

I am only interested in fallingwater, so for that set, $113.77 for two of them! That's $57 each! plus taxes plus shipping. Works out to be $64 for canadians when including gst and shipping!
ricefields

Postby Blacknight » Mon Jun 28, 2010 1:45 am

Thanks, the X9E7V3F worked for me. Got Falling Water and the new 5891 house.
Blacknight

Postby 3carsvo » Wed Jun 30, 2010 4:12 pm

Thanks for the heads up on the 40% off coupon code.

I have been wanting a 6753 Creator Highway Transporter for a while. Placed an order last night using the 40% off code and it went through just fine at $56.97 down from $94.95..great deal on a cool set. Or so I thought...

2 PM this afternoon I get a vague email along the lines of:

We apologize, but despite our efforts, we weren't able to fulfill some or all of the items in your order, as noted below. These items have been canceled from your order.

We apologize for any inconvenience this has caused and look forward to your next visit to Come back and visit anytime at http://www.bn.com.

Thank you for shopping with us.

Sincerely,

-- Barnes & Noble

Guess they don't like folks using a 40% off coupon on a $100 Lego set? Called customer assistance and got the complete shaft for 20 minutes while she tried to tell me it had nothing to do with the price but it was out of stock and they don't so back orders...Funny that it is still available to this minute on the site at full pop?

Finally had to get a supervisor to reinstate the order and coupon code.

Bottom line, there is reason why we use Am****.com...they stand behind their site!!!
3carsvo

Postby GIR3691 » Wed Jun 30, 2010 4:23 pm

Anyone else get notified that their order was canceled? :|
>>[email protected] <<
GIR3691
Staff Writer

Postby that guy » Wed Jun 30, 2010 4:49 pm

The order I placed for this promotion (2 of 7749's) was delivered today via UPS.
that guy

Postby ricefields » Thu Jul 01, 2010 10:17 am

as well six sets I bought have been shipped. A cancellation of an order only happened once to me over the last 4 years as a member, when I ordered the endor set back in august 2009. They sold out and could not ship one although the website was behind on being updated as it still showed that it was available, but I did not bother arguing about it. So it does not occur to often in my experience.
ricefields

Postby The Brain » Thu Jul 01, 2010 11:57 am

So far it appears that only one of the nine sets I ordered was canceled, and it was the SP Raid VPR, so I'm not too bummed. They did reimburse my giftcard, so I'm going to call and see if I can't still order a set at the same price point and get my free shipping and the 40% off any single item deal.
The Brain

Postby ricefields » Fri Jul 02, 2010 7:04 pm

I am all shopped out at bn.com. I wish the white house was available because there are at least two 20% off coupons available up to july 6.

W9C9U3F

and

Y9K7J7X

not too many 20% off coupons provided over the year, so its hard just sitting on the sidelines!
ricefields

Postby GIR3691 » Fri Jul 02, 2010 10:08 pm

3carsvo wrote:2 PM this afternoon I get a vague email along the lines of:

We apologize, but despite our efforts, we weren't able to fulfill some or all of the items in your order, as noted below. These items have been canceled from your order.
Guess they don't like folks using a 40% off coupon on a $100 Lego set? Called customer assistance and got the complete shaft for 20 minutes while she tried to tell me it had nothing to do with the price but it was out of stock and they don't so back orders...Funny that it is still available to this minute on the site at full pop?

Hmm... I got that same e-mail, and the VPR is also listed as in stock online. Would it really have killed them to ship my two VPRs at half price? :roll: >:(

I'm calling shenanigans.
>>[email protected] <<
GIR3691
Staff Writer

Postby The Brain » Sat Jul 03, 2010 10:37 am

See, when I looked online after my single VPR order was canceled (everything else shipped fine, and the sets are happily waiting until the week to be built :) ), I figured that--just like you guys--I'd been screwed over by B&N. However, I couldn't find the VPR set when I went back to look, which seemed odd. I guess they actually may not have any of them left in stock anymore.

Granted, I feel like I should call B&N and demand that they let me use free shipping and 40% off a similarly priced item, such as the PoP $10.95 set (Desert Attack). That's not too unreasonable, now is it?
The Brain

Postby Blacknight » Sun Jul 04, 2010 3:12 am

I just got an email that my falling water and creator house have been further delayed and they need my approval for a 30 day extension of the order. Now I know why I never bother with all these Barnes and Noble "deals"... if it wasn't for the fact we can't get falling water here in Canada it wouldn't be worth all the hassle.
Blacknight

Postby ricefields » Sun Jul 04, 2010 9:51 am

Ok, so we heard from 3 who did not get their orders fulfilled. Did all of you guys order on Monday July 28?
ricefields

Postby kojitator » Sun Jul 04, 2010 10:09 am

Like Swoosh Factor above, I ordered Neptune Carrier and Guggenheim. I ordered on June 27 and received both already.
kojitator

PreviousNext

Return to Finds/Deals