Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

30070 Alien Polybag Purchased From TRU Canada

Post your sales news here. Open forum. No Special Access Required!

Re: 30070 Alien Polybag Purchased From TRU Canada

Postby renesisx » Fri Aug 06, 2010 11:40 pm

When I saw the post above on Friday morning I was a bit disappointed. I went to Toys R Us to try it anyway, I can be persuasive :)

I picked up 8 sets of Alien. They still had them on the store floor, luckily. I didn't want to grab them all as it wouldn't help my case if I looked like a total horder.

I took them to the checkout. I took a copy of the flyer with me and showed them where it said ANY set and gave them the Aliens. The girl tried to ring it up, of course it didn't work. She said "I'll be right back, I'll get this sorted out for you". She came back a minute later after talking to the manager and said "I've just got to do the discount for you manually at the end, it's no problem". And it wasn't. She rang up all 8, then deducted 4 of them. Job done!

Another 8 Aliens to join my invasion force! BWHAHAHA!

renesisx

Postby Oky Wan Kenobi » Sat Aug 07, 2010 7:49 pm

Lucky. I bought three today, but no discount. But then again, I didn't really ask. Bringing a flyer with you was a smart move, renesisx.
Oky Wan Kenobi

Postby preterosso » Fri Aug 13, 2010 4:57 pm

In Richmond, VA I found a full rack and a sympathetic cashier who was about to process a two-for-one when her manager intervened. There is some ammunition here: the package says "Toy Story 3" and "construction toy" (in French and Spanish, at least), and it scanned as "Toy Story Promo." It was close, but no cigar. I may try my luck this weekend with a different manager. ;)
_______
Just Phil
preterosso

Previous

Return to Finds/Deals