Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

Collectible Minifigs Series 1 Now Available

Post your sales news here. Open forum. No Special Access Required!

Re: Collectible Minifigs Series 1 Now Available

Postby solo606 » Fri May 28, 2010 5:05 pm

Gurnee, IL TRU has 1 box out on the Service Desk. They are limiting each individual to only buying (2).
I was there shortly after they opened the box and put it out. I tried to buy more but was limited to 2. So there were 58 more at around 4pm.
solo606

Postby RogueJedi007 » Fri May 28, 2010 11:22 pm

Found these in a Walmart in Calgary, Canada tonight. There was nearly a whole endcap full of them. I did not have the barcode cheat sheet with me but ended up getting the nurse, cheerleader, cowboy and magician. There is a definite difference in the plastic for these new minifigs and the colours seem slightly off but otherwise pretty nice!
=========================================================================
We are keepers of the peace, not soldiers.
=========================================================================
RogueJedi007

Postby Joxer the Mighty » Sun May 30, 2010 5:29 pm

Where are these available? Has anyone found them at US walmarts or are they only at ToysRUs?
"I want to go to there"
Joxer the Mighty

Postby vynsane » Sun May 30, 2010 7:30 pm

In the US it seems it's only TRU so far, and some people have seen them at LEGO Stores.
ALL HAIL THE BLACTRON EMPIRE!

Flickr Photostream | Brickset reviews
vynsane

Postby l44l44 » Sun May 30, 2010 7:57 pm

Legoland Schaumburg had a lot of these available today.
l44l44

Postby stevenli » Mon May 31, 2010 7:28 am

Yeah, I think lego appears to be keeping these for themselves aside from a small TRU test release. They have it orderable for small shops, but no reports of actual deliveries (Entertainment Earth taking orders, but that's about it).

Perhaps a true Lego exclusive for now?
stevenli

Postby that guy » Tue Jun 01, 2010 9:57 am

Lego.com finally has them (which shouldn't be a big surprise) however when I spoke with a representative today, she said that they will be RELIGIOUSLY sticking to the limit of 5 per customer and after I asked her to ask her manager about whether that was 5 per day or not she said it was 5 until the limit is lifted which could be weeks but the stores will be doinng 5 per day (although I have no doubt there will be people abusing this to no end or getting around it somehow). I asked how I was supposed to collect all 16 and she actually referred me to ToysRus, Bricklink, or Ebay. WTF??? Really?? That was the first time I've EVER had an actual Lego person tell me to buy their current product on the aftermarket scene. She also confirmed that while they have "A lot", that she expects them to sell out quickly just like the European market did. Who knows what quickly is but I guess we'll see. I also forgot to mention that my local TRU had them for $1.99 the first week they had them and when I called today they told me they had raised them to $2.49 for the next order they get.
Last edited by that guy on Tue Jun 01, 2010 12:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
that guy

Postby Mister Ed » Tue Jun 01, 2010 11:12 am

OK, that's officially nuts. LEGO won't even sell you enough to collect the whole series? And I gotta say, I'm not too thrilled to hear that the only retailer they referred you to was TRU. That makes me SERIOUSLY wonder if these will be widely available at ALL. TRU is not really convenient to me. I've got plenty of Target and Walmart close by, but TRU is kind of out of the way.
Mister Ed

Postby stevenli » Tue Jun 01, 2010 11:25 am

Good news is that It's available at least. A person on another forum did mention Canada Walmart receiving, so there's HOPE still
stevenli

Postby Mister Ed » Tue Jun 01, 2010 11:28 am

I hope so. I called the only "close" TRU, and they've already come and gone, with no certainty that they will be getting more.
Mister Ed

Postby Daz Hoo » Tue Jun 01, 2010 12:23 pm

Over here in Quebec, QuéLUG members have reported multiple sightings in various Wal Mart stores both in Quebec city and in the greater Montreal area (I personally found some in Montreal). A member of our LUG who is an assistant-manager at TRU also told us they will carry series 1 of the minifig collection in their stores accross Canada. I also know that the minifig collection was on LEGO's ordering list for independant retailers, so local toy stores might also get them (after the big retail chains, of course).

So, adding all these facts together, all indicates that, at least for Canada, these will be available in a variety of stores.
Daz Hoo

Postby vynsane » Tue Jun 01, 2010 2:07 pm

I'm just glad I got all that I wanted in one fell-swoop at a TRU, because I'm not patient enough to wait for an opportunity to go to a LEGO Store that many times to get five at a time. I wonder if they let you sift through the box at the LEGO Store or if they just hand you five and you get what you get? You could end up with five of the same thing - the box that I went through had a lot of the same figs all in a row (like five magicians all right on top of each other).
ALL HAIL THE BLACTRON EMPIRE!

Flickr Photostream | Brickset reviews
vynsane

Postby MisterFubar » Tue Jun 01, 2010 2:31 pm

I just ordered 5 from the Legoshop just in case I never get a chance to get any others.

It would be great if my local TRU would not let 1 person buy their entire shipment. Maybe I'll take them up on the offer to set a box aside for me, I just hate being "that guy"
MisterFubar

Postby that guy » Tue Jun 01, 2010 5:00 pm

I'll try not to take that personally...... :)
that guy

Postby atxdad » Tue Jun 01, 2010 8:18 pm

I can confirm that two TRU in north Austin are selling figs at the increased price of $2.49; they were $1.99 last week. Both received a new box of figs today (6/1). Another AFOL was bar code scanning when I got there, so we worked together to complete our collections. :)

P.S. So that was another FBTB reader I met. Thanks for the note! Wish I could reply, but I don't seen to have privileges to do that yet.
Last edited by atxdad on Wed Jun 02, 2010 10:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
atxdad

Postby that guy » Tue Jun 01, 2010 8:20 pm

I just got back from my local Lego store and the Store Manager (yes the head guy) was a complete jerk. He was yelling and snapping at people who were attempting to decipher the bar-codes and started telling people he was going to get a Sharpie and black out all the codes so people would stop doing it and if he didn't do it this time he was doing it whenever the next batch came in. When I brought up that fact that with the limit I didn't want repeats he said too bad and to stop doing it. He asked me and countless others just to take 5 a move on. I got there late, about 2 hours before closing and they sold out while I was in line. I asked how many the store had and they said just under 900 total. They had no idea when more were coming. I was happy to get my 5 (and yes I got five I wanted thanks to the bar-codes) YAY. I'm waiting for my 5 from lego.com and then I'll fill in the rest. While Lego's customer service has been at best lack-luster in recent times, this does nothing to help their cause in my eyes (both my phone and in store experiences today sucked). I realize they have a hot product but they should've been prepared on both fronts better than they were to respond to customer questions and complaints. I hope others out there ran in to much friendlier people than I did today.
that guy

Postby etcknight » Tue Jun 01, 2010 8:38 pm

So far, no luck finding these at any of the TRUs in Orange County, Murrieta, or Corona in So Cal. Lego store in Ontario sold out. Anyone having any luck finding these in So Cal?
etcknight

Postby Marty » Wed Jun 02, 2010 1:18 am

Well...I don't know if this is any use to you, but I'm sending the 16 I ordered from Lego shop @ home back in the next few days, because I managed to get the complete set from a Target store. I wouldn't have ordered them in the first place if I had known Target was stocking them, and I certainly wouldn't have bought as many as I did if I hadn't have been shown the bar-code trick, nice one that. Anyway I have doubles, and I put them on the site, so if you need a figure drop me a line.
Marty

Postby dane » Wed Jun 02, 2010 5:46 am

Marty wrote:Well...I don't know if this is any use to you, but I'm sending the 16 I ordered from Lego shop @ home back in the next few days, because I managed to get the complete set from a Target store. I wouldn't have ordered them in the first place if I had known Target was stocking them, and I certainly wouldn't have bought as many as I did if I hadn't have been shown the bar-code trick, nice one that. Anyway I have doubles, and I put them on the site, so if you need a figure drop me a line.

If you don't mind me asking, what state did you find this Target in?
dane

Postby kayakermanmike » Wed Jun 02, 2010 6:07 am

Just found out, that if you live in the US, and TRU isn't cooperating with you to get a full box, or the display box when it's empty you have a new option. You can order LEGO Minifigures Series 1 Display Box from Entertainment Earth!
kayakermanmike

PreviousNext

Return to Finds/Deals