Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

Collectible Minifigs Series 1 Now Available

Post your sales news here. Open forum. No Special Access Required!

Re: Collectible Minifigs Series 1 Now Available

Postby DarthMC » Thu Jun 17, 2010 6:10 pm

Went by the TRU in Rockville MD and they had 3 nearly full boxes. Started scanning with the phone and I got the 6 I needed to complete my set and figured I would pick up a second set. "Surprisingly" not a single Zombie and only one crash test dummy in nearly 2 1/2 boxes. Lots of cheerleaders and clowns though (I thought they were equally popular). On the plus side the rest of the one box fit into the other two so they gave me the display box.

On a different minifig topic... The removal of the bar codes will not make them a "blind purchase", it will just slow down the determination of the figure. Looking at season one and two there is a unique part in each set. You can easily feel a cowboy hat, robot head or ninja swords. There is only one with an extra part that can not be felt and that is the wrestler with his cape but that in itself identifies him. So you will still be able to get the complete set but it will take much longer. It will also lead to what happened to my TRU when they first came out which was people buying the entire box and a few days later returning the ones they didnt want.

DarthMC
DarthMC

Postby kelano28 » Thu Jun 17, 2010 9:37 pm

So call me crazy but I actually like the idea of not being able to determine the minifig I'm getting. The last time I picked up 5 from my local Lego Store there were about half a dozen people hanging around with their minifigs trading with each other in order to get ones they wanted. Oddly enough, it seemed like mostly everyone was able to trade away their unwanted minifigs for ones they preferred or still needed. I realize this situation is not common and wouldn't necessarily happen in Borders, but I think this is exactly what TLG was going for.
*Please don't throw things at me*
kelano28

Postby that guy » Thu Jun 17, 2010 10:20 pm

I realize this may have been covered in at least one of the prior 200+ messages but just in case here it goes. Since late May I have sorted out 4 sealed cases at various times and I found that they all had exactly the same product distribution inside. 4 Robots, 4 Astronauts, 3 Skaters, 3 Zombies, 3 Clowns, 3 Cheerleaders, 4 Magicians, 4 Forestmen, 5 Ninjas, 3 Wrestlers, 4 Cowboys, 5 Divers, 3 Nurses, 4 Cavemen, 5 Crash Dummies, 3 Indians. Not sure if that actually helps anyone but there ya go.
Last edited by that guy on Fri Jun 18, 2010 2:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
that guy

Postby possum » Fri Jun 18, 2010 7:23 am

kelano28 wrote:So call me crazy but I actually like the idea of not being able to determine the minifig I'm getting. The last time I picked up 5 from my local Lego Store there were about half a dozen people hanging around with their minifigs trading with each other in order to get ones they wanted. Oddly enough, it seemed like mostly everyone was able to trade away their unwanted minifigs for ones they preferred or still needed. I realize this situation is not common and wouldn't necessarily happen in Borders, but I think this is exactly what TLG was going for.
*Please don't throw things at me*

While reading your post, my first response was "I like not knowing what I'm getting too...until it's a cheerleader or crash test dummy." But your swap meet comment gave me a neat idea. Maybe brand stores could have collectible minifig trading night like once a month.
Disclosure of location should be required when listing your finds!
possum

Postby Thundarr » Fri Jun 18, 2010 8:09 am

that guy wrote:I realize this may have been covered in at least one of the prior 200+ messages but just in case here it goes. Since late May I have sorted out 4 sealed cases at various times and I found that they all had exactly the same product distribution inside. 4 Robots, 4 Astronauts, 3 Skaters, 3 Zombies, 3 Clowns, 3 Cheerleaders, 4 Magicians, 4 Forestmen, 5 Ninjas, 3 Wrestlers, 4 Cowboys, 5 Divers, 3 Divers, 3 Nurses, 4 Cavemen, 5 Crash Dummies, 3 Indians. Not sure if that actually helps anyone but there ya go.

Yes, it helps me alot - I was going to search for that info, but you saved me the time. You might want to do a slight edit though: you listed the Diver twice. Thanks for the list! :)
Thundarr

Postby ufjason » Fri Jun 18, 2010 8:13 am

that guy wrote:I realize this may have been covered in at least one of the prior 200+ messages but just in case here it goes. Since late May I have sorted out 4 sealed cases at various times and I found that they all had exactly the same product distribution inside. 4 Robots, 4 Astronauts, 3 Skaters, 3 Zombies, 3 Clowns, 3 Cheerleaders, 4 Magicians, 4 Forestmen, 5 Ninjas, 3 Wrestlers, 4 Cowboys, 5 Divers, 3 Divers, 3 Nurses, 4 Cavemen, 5 Crash Dummies, 3 Indians. Not sure if that actually helps anyone but there ya go.

Your totals exceed 60 by 3?
eBay store, contact me if you'd like to perform trades from my inventory. I'm looking for original genosian fighers, second version a-wing fighters and tie bombers. I may be interested in other sets so let me know what you have.
ufjason

Postby Thundarr » Fri Jun 18, 2010 8:53 am

Now this is interesting - I just read this on Brickset in the comments about the CMF sellout:
"I called S@H. They said they removed the "limit 5" restriction because of all the complaints then sold-out within hours."

Funny, this lifted limit news was never posted on any LEGO forums before the sellout occured. Not that it would matter, because once it was posted on a forum they would have sold out within minutes! LOL. I wonder if someone discovered this and just ordered the remaining units all for themselves. Or were people just constantly monitoring and refreshing the S@H site, hoping the limit restriction would disappear, then ordered like crazy once it did?

Another thing I was wondering about - I've been checking TRU.com everyday since the CMFs appeared on their site, but they are always "Out of Stock". Has anybody here ever seen them as "In Stock" on TRU.com? I couldn't find any forum posts that confirmed this.
Thundarr

Postby Mos_Eisley » Fri Jun 18, 2010 9:03 am

Thundarr wrote:Now this is interesting - I just read this on Brickset in the comments about the CMF sellout:
"I called S@H. They said they removed the "limit 5" restriction because of all the complaints then sold-out within hours."

Funny, this lifted limit news was never posted on any LEGO forums before the sellout occured.

This info. was posted on BrickLink and Eurobricks before they were sold out.

Jason
Mos_Eisley

Postby vynsane » Fri Jun 18, 2010 9:53 am

Mos_Eisley wrote:
Thundarr wrote:"I called S@H. They said they removed the "limit 5" restriction because of all the complaints then sold-out within hours."

Funny, this lifted limit news was never posted on any LEGO forums before the sellout occured.

I know I ready it somewhere, and I only go here, Brickset and Toys 'n Bricks.
ALL HAIL THE BLACTRON EMPIRE!

Flickr Photostream | Brickset reviews
vynsane

Postby Thundarr » Fri Jun 18, 2010 11:29 am

Mos_Eisley wrote:
Thundarr wrote:Now this is interesting - I just read this on Brickset in the comments about the CMF sellout:

Jason

Thanks, Jason - that's 2 more sites I need to start checking! :) The only LEGO forums/news pages I knew about were ToysNBricks, Brickset, FBTB, and CheapAssGamer.

BTW, you guys in Arizona should also check out Fry's Marketplace for the minifigs, as they are part of the Kroger family and are therefore modeled after Fred Meyer. Since Freddies recently got shipments, its worth a shot.
Thundarr

Postby popnfresh » Fri Jun 18, 2010 2:07 pm

I just got some and boy i hope the quality of these is not going to be indicative of lego sets in the future. :'(
popnfresh

Postby that guy » Fri Jun 18, 2010 2:45 pm

ufjason wrote:

Your totals exceed 60 by 3?

Thank you, I flubbed up on the Divers and have updated it on my post.
that guy

Postby MisterFubar » Fri Jun 18, 2010 2:51 pm

Just recieved my last order from S@H. 3 Forestmen, a Nurse and a Crash Dummy. I've got 31 total and am missing the Tribal Hunter and the Cowboy. Should be out and about this weekend to try my luck at a couple different TRU, and Borders.

Or I'm always willing to trade if someone has any spares.

Edit*

Completed my set tonight. The wife needed to swing through TRU to pick up a couple Wiis and they had 2 fresh boxes out so I was able to snag the last 2 I needed. Even helped a kid find the Wrestler and Spaceman he wanted.
MisterFubar

Postby Lich_Barrister » Fri Jun 18, 2010 8:36 pm

that guy wrote:I realize this may have been covered in at least one of the prior 200+ messages but just in case here it goes. Since late May I have sorted out 4 sealed cases at various times and I found that they all had exactly the same product distribution inside. 4 Robots, 4 Astronauts, 3 Skaters, 3 Zombies, 3 Clowns, 3 Cheerleaders, 4 Magicians, 4 Forestmen, 5 Ninjas, 3 Wrestlers, 4 Cowboys, 5 Divers, 3 Nurses, 4 Cavemen, 5 Crash Dummies, 3 Indians. Not sure if that actually helps anyone but there ya go.

Is there an even distribution (or enough for one complete set) in each box, or are they all in cohorts so that the three zombies are together in one box while the three cheerleaders are all together in the other (for example)?
Lich_Barrister

Postby that guy » Fri Jun 18, 2010 8:46 pm

Lich_Barrister wrote:
that guy wrote:I realize this may have been covered in at least one of the prior 200+ messages but just in case here it goes. Since late May I have sorted out 4 sealed cases at various times and I found that they all had exactly the same product distribution inside. 4 Robots, 4 Astronauts, 3 Skaters, 3 Zombies, 3 Clowns, 3 Cheerleaders, 4 Magicians, 4 Forestmen, 5 Ninjas, 3 Wrestlers, 4 Cowboys, 5 Divers, 3 Nurses, 4 Cavemen, 5 Crash Dummies, 3 Indians. Not sure if that actually helps anyone but there ya go.

Is there an even distribution (or enough for one complete set) in each box, or are they all in cohorts so that the three zombies are together in one box while the three cheerleaders are all together in the other (for example)?

That distribution represents a single sealed case, and each of the four cases had the exact same number of minifigures in it by type. They were also grouped within the case as we all expected...first the nurses, then the ninjas, etc...
that guy

Postby SH1 » Sat Jun 19, 2010 7:57 am

So my S@H order arrived yesterday. Thankfully, the 5 I received wasn't a 'full house'. Unfortunately, I had run to Border's last weekend to make sure I had the 2-3 figs I was most interested in. Can you guess what was in the S@H order? ... That's right: the exact same 4 figs I had snagged at Borders. LOL.

All good fun. :)
SH1

Postby that guy » Sat Jun 19, 2010 12:49 pm

Entertainment Earth got in their order of Series 1 figs on Friday. They claimed to have filled all the existing pre-orders and any leftover sold out in minutes (at 2.99 to 3.99 each depending on how many you bought). This gives hope that other secondary market retailers may be getting one last gasp of these before they're really gone forever if they ordered them back in the day.
that guy

Postby Morgan19 » Sat Jun 19, 2010 1:06 pm

For those still looking, definitely phone up your local "mom 'n pop" toy stores. A small one-location toy shop down the street from me had a nearly-full box when I popped in on a whim this morning (for $2.49/ea). Apart from TRU and Borders, it's the only place I've seen them around here.

m19
Morgan19

Postby vivatgrendel » Sat Jun 19, 2010 2:39 pm

Is there a good forum for trading these? I bought about 20, and want the zombie, but haven't been able to find him.

Matt
vivatgrendel

Postby etcknight » Sat Jun 19, 2010 9:58 pm

vivatgrendel wrote:Is there a good forum for trading these? I bought about 20, and want the zombie, but haven't been able to find him.

Matt

I would imagine any Lego forum, such as this one would be able to help you with trading. But, since you're a new member, it may be a little more difficult. SSLs are generally reliable and willing to help people out. :)
etcknight

PreviousNext

Return to Finds/Deals