Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

Collectible Minifigs Series 1 Now Available

Post your sales news here. Open forum. No Special Access Required!

Re: Collectible Minifigs Series 1 Now Available

Postby schlectus » Fri May 21, 2010 5:00 pm

Denver TRU has a half a case left on the shelf. ;) Out of 25 packs, I ended up with 12 different figs...went back with the barcodes and finished off the set with 4 more packs. Cool figs.
My Bricklink store: Pyramid Deliveries
schlectus

Postby TwistedFate » Fri May 21, 2010 6:33 pm

I went back to get the 9 I was missing. They had plenty at my TRU, but they only 8 of the 9 I needed. :/ Still missing the Indian. At least I got the Ninja this time. I'd like the Indian for Completeness, but it isn't one of the ones I was chasing.
TwistedFate

Postby Iron Moose » Fri May 21, 2010 7:00 pm

I bought an entire box worth at a Wal-Mart in Montreal today.
Iron Moose

Postby roflfant » Fri May 21, 2010 7:14 pm

These are now available at Wal-Mart in Canada. The Burlington, ON Appleby WM has plenty in stock for 2.86 each.
roflfant

Postby GrayMattR » Fri May 21, 2010 8:20 pm

Marty wrote:Word to the wise, the 'bar-code sheet' you speak off does not work on the one 's from Australia, as they are coded different?
I have 12 out of the 16 figures and having to try and match up the bar codes, not one conformed to that list, so check the bar codes people!

There is a barcode list for UK versions but I don't know if that will match Australia. My guess is that it won't but I honestly don't know a lot about the differences between countries.
GrayMattR

Postby Marty » Fri May 21, 2010 9:27 pm

It Does!!!!!
Marty

Postby Blacknight » Sat May 22, 2010 12:51 pm

hardtravelinghero wrote:I'd probably be fine paying 50 cents more a figure for better plastic quality. What say you all?

Yeah, knowing these are the cheaper Chinese plastic (or something similar) immediately kills my interest in all but the best of these figures.
Blacknight

Postby Marty » Sat May 22, 2010 6:11 pm

To be honest, I don't mind the cheaper plastic, as long as the figure looks the part, there have been too many times we have wished for a certain mini-figure only to be told there isn't one! Now finally Lego has done the right thing, rather than make a hundred new themes, they have added the mini-figures and left the building up to you, to design yourself, after all that's what Lego was all about, being able to do your own thing.
I look forward to what they come up next with in this range, regards Marty
Marty

Postby hassmyster » Sat May 22, 2010 10:54 pm

I went to a TRU today in Ohio and found just the empty box. The lady working there says that they sold out quickly and that they usually get shipments of things in on Thursdays. Oh well. Does any know is they are being sold at Walmarts in the United States.
hassmyster

Postby Artoo-Detour » Sat May 22, 2010 11:16 pm

Just visited my local TRU in Maryland. I was greeted in the Lego isle by a nice empty box once used to house Minifigs.
Artoo-Detour

Postby Clyne » Sun May 23, 2010 1:06 am

hassmyster wrote:I went to a TRU today in Ohio and found just the empty box. The lady working there says that they sold out quickly and that they usually get shipments of things in on Thursdays. Oh well. Does any know is they are being sold at Walmarts in the United States.

Don't put too much credence in that delivery day thing. They probably won't be replenished for 3-4 weeks at the earliest. I asked a manager about it and he said that with stuff that tends to fly off the shelf in that manner, they normally encounter supply chain difficulties, and even if they put in a new order the same day they receive their initial shipment, it takes weeks to show up again.

I imagine they'll show up eventually at Walmart, Target, etc, but they're normally a bit better about sticking to street dates than TRU.
Clyne

Postby Model Gal » Sun May 23, 2010 2:08 pm

I went to 2 different TRU. One in my town and one down in San Diego. I found 9 figures by my house, but none of the "must have" figures since some one had cleaned them out. I went back the next day and they were all gone, including the box. :(

When I went down to the one in SD I found a full box. By using the barcodes I found the ones I was missing including the much sought after Cheerleader. :)

So now I have one full set and a few doubles. :D

As for the plastic issue. Much of the new LEGO is a different plastic. You can really tell the difference. The white is more milky looking, the yellow and orange are brighter looking. Also if you hold them up light can be seen through them, unlike older LEGO bricks. From what I've heard these are newer mixes of plastic. But I have also heard from Steve Witt that the quality issue has been fixed, the plastics may be different, but not lower quality now unlike the keychains and magnet figures that were clearly inferior.
Model Gal

Postby ublego » Sun May 23, 2010 5:09 pm

Does anyone know if the series 1 figs will still be for sale when series 2 is released in July? Or is LEGO going to discontinue them? My TRU had 2 cases sold out in 4 hours of them arriving and with the replenish times very close to those mentioned above, I am afraid I might not have a chance to get them there before they discontinue them.
ublego

Postby SuperDave » Tue May 25, 2010 9:25 am

ublego wrote:Does anyone know if the series 1 figs will still be for sale when series 2 is released in July? Or is LEGO going to discontinue them?

My understanding is that these are going to be limited-edition. Buy them when you find them.
SuperDave

Postby Aegrus » Wed May 26, 2010 8:28 am

infallible wrote:Good deal. For what it's worth, I went to the TRU in south Austin today (on 360 and Lamar), and they had the new Kingdom, World Racers, and Atlantis sets available. However, no sign of the minifigs.

FYI, same thing Monday @ TRU on 35 and Parmer.
Aegrus

Postby Mandalorian Candidat » Wed May 26, 2010 9:10 am

I'm wondering if this is not wide spread at all TRUs. My local one hasn't received any (I asked the manager) and hasn't heard if they are getting any for sure.
Mandalorian Candidat

Postby sstoroe » Fri May 28, 2010 1:24 am

I went to two toys r us stores this week in chicago area and at the first store I was greeted by a person buying the entire box. At the second store, I was greeted by a full box sitting on the cart to be shelved. I bought it. :) I found three complete sets and some extras. What has everyone else found when they opened a complete box?
sstoroe

Postby solo606 » Fri May 28, 2010 5:17 am

sstoroe wrote:I went to two toys r us stores this week in chicago area and at the first store I was greeted by a person buying the entire box. At the second store, I was greeted by a full box sitting on the cart to be shelved. I bought it. :) I found three complete sets and some extras. What has everyone else found when they opened a complete box?

Which Stores in the Chicagoland area?
I have checked Gurnee and Vernon Hills multiple times in the North burbs with no luck.
solo606

Postby Tomahawker » Fri May 28, 2010 5:21 am

I saw two boxes at my TRU in Ohio last week -- the day the came off the truck. I found the 3 figures I wanted with the barcode method. It was harder than I thought it would be, especially since you need some shelf space to spread the bags out to compare the barcodes.

When I stopped in this week, there was none to be found. However, the Lego rep. was re-stocking other sets, and I asked her if they were likely to be replenished. She said yes, but only until the 2nd series is available (officially in September, meaning August for most places).
Tomahawker

Postby liquidcross » Fri May 28, 2010 7:41 am

I checked two TRUs in CT. The one in Farmington had them, but was completely sold out. The one in Manchester has not received a shipment yet.
(and don't forget Text and Violence)
liquidcross

PreviousNext

Return to Finds/Deals