Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

Collectible Minifigs Series 1 Now Available

Post your sales news here. Open forum. No Special Access Required!

Re: Collectible Minifigs Series 1 Now Available

Postby popnfresh » Wed Jun 16, 2010 2:46 pm

does anyone know if these have hit west coast TRU/Borders yet?

sold out on s@h before i have even seen them in person :facepalm:
popnfresh

Postby darthsantkuyl » Wed Jun 16, 2010 2:51 pm

JamesBenjamin wrote:To answer the question about why something would be in Target's computer if they're not ordering it: they likely update with EVERY SKU available from a relatively small (in #s of SKUs) company like Lego. A SKU is really only like 24 bits of info, so its easier to dump all the new ones in the system even if some end up unused, as they're pretty small data-wise.

I ordered a few cases from Entertainment Earth and when I talked to my salesperson (I have a business account, so I have my own buyer contact) she said that big box retailers are not ordering these because they don't have the ability to sell/market them. They're so small they are likely to get shoplifted alot/easily, and they don't have a counter set up they can put them behind (like TRU or other specialty retailers). She also ensured me that their (EE's) orders will be fulfilled by Lego, but they're only getting that one order in, no replenishment.

On a side note: I did see them in Borders today (Manassas VA), they were on the info counter in the toy section. Priced at $2.99 though, so I passed. The boxes did look like someone had rummaged through them and bought all the good ones.

not really. not every barcode from every company is in our system. add to the fact that the minifigures are a very limited time only product. why would target put it in there computers for 1 set and not any other upc's for lego sets that we dont carry. and basically have that barcode be usefull for only a few months
I lost my glasses and all I got was this lousy Megablok
darthsantkuyl

Postby Mister Ed » Wed Jun 16, 2010 3:12 pm

popnfresh wrote:does anyone know if these have hit west coast TRU/Borders yet?

I live in Oregon, and they were available at TRU last time I went. I just refused to pay their inflated prices AND deal with a two-per-customer-per-day limit when they are so far from my house.

(I also wasn't too impressed with their decision to hide them away behind the customer service counter so that you'd never know they were there unless you asked about them. I mean, if you are afraid of theft, fine, but put SOMETHING out so people will know you HAVE the product. Heck, put an empty display box in the LEGO aisle with a sign or something.)
Mister Ed

Postby Draykov » Wed Jun 16, 2010 3:13 pm

Currently: "Call to check product availability"
Hail Space!
Draykov

Postby Mos_Eisley » Wed Jun 16, 2010 3:16 pm

These first hit Southern CA TRUs about 3 weeks ago. They sold out in about a week and most have not received any more. Actually, I hadn't seen any local TRU get more in until yesterday when a nearby store had 2 new boxes out. I haven't seen any at Borders and the employees have no idea what I'm talking about when I ask. LEGO Stores have received a couple shipments so far also.
Mos_Eisley

Postby Mister Ed » Wed Jun 16, 2010 3:20 pm

darthsantkuyl wrote: why would target put it in there computers for 1 set and not any other upc's for lego sets that we dont carry. and basically have that barcode be usefull for only a few months

Of course the flip side is, why wouldn't the stores have them if they ordered them. It isn't like they got them and sold out. As far as I can tell, my local store never had them at all, and I can't think of a good reason for Target to sit on them this long without putting them on the shelf, OR for LEGO to not send ANY to a major retail chain like Target if they ordered them. So it is baffling. At this point I don't expect to see them there, what with LEGO's supply being exhausted both on-line and in the LEGO stores. The only explanation for their absence from Target that makes any sense to me is that Target didn't order them. If they really wouldn't put a product in the system unless they ordered it, then I don't know what to think.

Of course, if they ever DO get them at this point, I'll probably have to be standing there when they come off the truck to get any, with the rush that will result, with them being pretty much gone elsewhere AND Target being likely to actually sell them at MSRP.
Mister Ed

Postby Mister Ed » Wed Jun 16, 2010 3:23 pm

Draykov wrote:Currently: "Call to check product availability"

Wow, that was quick. They were still listed as "SOLD OUT" when I checked a few minutes ago.
Mister Ed

Postby popnfresh » Wed Jun 16, 2010 3:48 pm

Mister Ed wrote: I just refused to pay their inflated prices AND deal with a two-per-customer-per-day limit when they are so far from my house.

wow two limit? and with s@h's limits too

its almost as if lego is pointing and laughing at us and then telling us we have to pay ebay prices if we actually want to buy any product
popnfresh

Postby that guy » Wed Jun 16, 2010 4:18 pm

S@H now showing "available" as of 7:10 EST and has lifted the 5 per person which is really strange. Who knows but this could be a last gasp for air of fluctuation product as orders are "bounced" in and out of the system. The same thing happened with the Falcon's when they sold out on paper but bounced a bunch of orders which ended up putting them back to "available" for a short time before they truly sold out. I guess time will tell but at least a few more people have a chance.

Nevermind.....it's now 7:20 and they once again are showing SOLD OUT.....
that guy

Postby csimian » Wed Jun 16, 2010 4:46 pm

Found 2 boxes at Fred Meyer; The one at Murphy's Corner on the Mill Creek/Everett border (Washington State). No limit!
csimian

Postby etcknight » Wed Jun 16, 2010 7:32 pm

Mos_Eisley wrote:These first hit Southern CA TRUs about 3 weeks ago. They sold out in about a week and most have not received any more. Actually, I hadn't seen any local TRU get more in until yesterday when a nearby store had 2 new boxes out. I haven't seen any at Borders and the employees have no idea what I'm talking about when I ask. LEGO Stores have received a couple shipments so far also.

Ditto. Some TRUs never got these - or I just got tired of calling everyday. Borders also ditto. Again, back to my original post. If I find these great, but I'm tired of calling around and trying to find these non-existent things. No thanks. Lego Co is already going to get enough of my money. I'd really really like to have one robot, spaceman, and clown, but forget-about-it. :x

MisterFubar wrote:Local tru had 3 fresh cases out so I sorted through and grabbed my 16... I was on a time crunch so I just did a quick visual scan, the barcodes are really easy to tell apart by the fat, medium and skinny bars. Will find out tonight if I actually got all 16.

When I got to the front I was inofrmed they had a case set aside for me, but I just couldn't bring myself to buy it. Not with the SW summer sets just around the corner.

Which TRU????
etcknight

Postby Mister Ed » Wed Jun 16, 2010 9:30 pm

csimian wrote:Found 2 boxes at Fred Meyer; The one at Murphy's Corner on the Mill Creek/Everett border (Washington State). No limit!

Great! Now you've just forced me to call a TON of places. I've got Fred Meyers every few feet here in Portland, it seems. And I've never seen ANY of these. Where in the store were they?
Mister Ed

Postby Mister Ed » Wed Jun 16, 2010 10:42 pm

OK, csimian, you are my hero of the hour! I called my Fred Meyer, and they had them! I rolled in, bought all the ones I wanted (no limits), paid only $2 apiece (take that TRU!) and went home.

Anybody that has access to a Fred Meyer, I'd get in there ASAP. Once word gets out that they've got them, I don't expect them to last long. Mine only got in two cases.
Mister Ed

Postby Mofo Jones » Thu Jun 17, 2010 12:37 am

If anybody can hook me up with anything besides the three I have (nInja, clown, magician) and preferably 2 zombies, that would be fantastic. I'll obviously pay item price + shipping to me. I am on the SSL here. Thanks in advance!
Will Tactically Consult for money, food or LEGO.
Mofo Jones
Staff Writer

Postby csimian » Thu Jun 17, 2010 5:16 am

The boxes were next to the other Lego sets at my Fred Meyers
csimian

Postby liquidcross » Thu Jun 17, 2010 6:13 am

At my local Borders, I bought a bunch the day I happened to see them by the register...and they were almost GONE the next day. The staff had been buying and trading many of them. :)
(and don't forget Text and Violence)
liquidcross

Postby Morgan19 » Thu Jun 17, 2010 6:38 am

Were they marked up to $2.99 at your Borders as well?

m19
Morgan19

Postby liquidcross » Thu Jun 17, 2010 7:36 am

Yep.
(and don't forget Text and Violence)
liquidcross

Postby Thundarr » Thu Jun 17, 2010 9:13 am

Here is the Borders item number in case anyone wants to have a Borders clerk do a search of nearby stores: 3168133
Utah is not getting any at our Borders, at least not Series 1. They are listed as "LEGO Minifigure Vol.1 ...$2.99" in the computer, but the clerk told me they have none scheduled to come in stock at any area stores, nor can they special order LEGO toys.
Thundarr

Postby possum » Thu Jun 17, 2010 9:28 am

MisterFubar wrote:Shorted myself a Cowboy and an Indian and ended up with an extra Diver and Nacho Libre. Not bad considering how quick I picked them out. I think I was in and out of the store in about 5 minutes.

Same thing happened to me the last weekend in May. I live outside Charlotte NC, and that is race weekend here in the home of NASCAR. I got off work a little early that Friday & as I approached the exit for the racetrack I noticed there was zero traffic - very strange for race weekend, and for any other day for that matter. I decided I'd run to the TRU by the race track and see if I could take advantage of everyone staying at home to avoid traffic. I found a newly opened case & did the visual check. I thought I'd done it right but missed the nurse & zombie, picking up extra divers & ninjas. I'd trade almost any of what I got for the zombie. I want to make the house from Night of the Living Dead, and these stupid crash test dummies aren't going to scare anybody!
Disclosure of location should be required when listing your finds!
possum

PreviousNext

Return to Finds/Deals