Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

Target Echo Base $15

Post your sales news here. Open forum. No Special Access Required!

Re: Target Echo Base $15

Postby SH1 » Wed May 26, 2010 11:15 am

FYI. The Target close to me restocked Wed morning. The 'find it in a store' link on target.com listed all $15 sets as 'available'... and sure enough, there were plenty to be had.

Most everything was restocked. They had also posted rain check slips and subsitution labels that read "We are sold out of ... A replacement [MegaBlocks] item can be substituted for ..." Somewhat amusing to see those below where the sets were currently sitting. Maybe the stockers dont expect them to stay on the shelves for long. :)
SH1

Postby that guy » Wed May 26, 2010 3:17 pm

Walmart just posted the same $15 sale online with FREE site-store shipping. They still have them in stock so this could be a good alternative. I can't help wondering if this set is on it's way out already or if stores are just clearing stock???
that guy

Postby Puddleglum » Wed May 26, 2010 6:46 pm

that guy wrote:Walmart just posted the same $15 sale online with FREE site-store shipping. They still have them in stock so this could be a good alternative. I can't help wondering if this set is on it's way out already or if stores are just clearing stock???

It came out last summer, and most sets only run for about a year. The set was overpriced at $25, so it's not too surprising to see it on sale now, but honestly, the $10 drop takes the set straight from "pricey" to "bargain" IMHO.
Im in ur flickr
Puddleglum

Postby mrfootball » Wed May 26, 2010 7:08 pm

I picked up my second one today. Going to make a nice Hoth diorama with the Hoth Rebel Base, Echo Base (2), AT-ST, motorized AT-ATs, a couple Imperial/Rebel Battle packs, an X-wing and some random custom trench-stuff...and of course the Wampa set when it comes out.
mrfootball

Postby twentythree » Sat May 29, 2010 11:36 pm

I snagged 6 this morning before this great deal ended and then proceeded to spend the $60 that were saved on stuffed from Star Wars Weekends at Disney's Hollywood Studios.
"I aim to misbehave" - Malcolm Reynolds
"What I told you was true...from a certain point of view" - Obi Wan Kenobi
"A lion, a witch, and a wardrobe walk into a bar...stop me if you've heard this one" - me
twentythree

Postby The Brain » Sun May 30, 2010 2:30 pm

I'm really disappointed I wasn't able to be part of this sale. I finally convinced my parents to let me buy 6 of these yesterday, and I checked Target.com and the store finder for local availability. It was available, but it turned to limited quantities before we got there, so we called the store and asked if they had any left. They said no, and we asked if it was possible to get a raincheck for this sale price, and the manager said no. (I may be incorrect, but I believe as the customer we are entitled to a raincheck for this sale price if the stock is depleted, or at least an equivalent discount on a similarly-priced item. But I wasn't going to get in a verbal dispute over the phone with this guy.) Long story short, I missed out on this fantastic sale where I could have gotten 6 for cheaper than 4 of the sets regularly, including sales tax. Boy, am I bummed. :(
I am the brain, that which keeps you sane
I think your thoughts, I feel your pain
I am able to control both body and soul
I am never asleep, and I make you whole.
The Brain

Postby Alpha 40 » Mon May 31, 2010 3:17 pm

I was able to pick one up on Saturday and on Sunday got one for $20 at Wal-Mart. Both really good deals for 2 Echo Bases. Ohhh yeah, I forgot to mention I found a Chrome Darth Vader in the first one. XD
Alpha 40

Postby billyemu » Tue Jun 01, 2010 6:05 am

Given how old the set is, this was a "clearance" sale in all but name. I doubt Target will be restocking it and they can't give you a raincheck on something that won't be restocked.

-Billy
billyemu

Postby The Brain » Tue Jun 01, 2010 4:46 pm

True, but stock has since returned to "limited quantities." I'm skeptical, but I'm not going to pursue it at this point. I'll use B&N giftcards to buy a few online at MSRP +. *sigh*
The Brain

Postby GIR3691 » Thu Jun 03, 2010 11:00 am

Anyone who missed out on this- I just got back from Walmart, which had Echo Base rollback-ed to $20.
>>[email protected] <<
GIR3691
Staff Writer

Postby The Brain » Thu Jun 03, 2010 4:43 pm

Still not enough to entice me that much--plus there no local Walmart for me to drop by. Really bummed I missed this deal. :(
The Brain

Postby zithy » Tue Jul 06, 2010 8:41 pm

Puddleglum wrote:Just a tip if your local Target is sold out, you can get a raincheck like someone else suggested, or grab the flyer from the front of the store and take it to Wal-Mart and ask them price match it at checkout, and they should sell it to you for $15.

Matt

If any of you did get a raincheck, it should be expiring within a few days. Dig it out and hit your Targets if you haven't yet(or call first to make sure it's in stock)

Also, if you requested a rain check for a quantity of 5 and the store has less, just ask them for the rain check back and hit the next Target. Sometimes the clerk will mark the receipt that you have X left if you bought less than your RC quantity, but not always. There's nothing on the RC itself that is scanned, so unless someone writes that you bought some already at the RC price, you can just keep going.
zithy

Postby legomatt » Wed Jul 07, 2010 5:18 am

Alpha 40 wrote:Ohhh yeah, I forgot to mention I found a Chrome Darth Vader in the first one. XD

This, people, deserves a round of applause! Congrats to Alpha 40. A Darth Chromey unearthed! Huzzah!
:)
legomatt

Postby Chief » Wed Jul 07, 2010 8:13 am

zithy wrote:If any of you did get a raincheck, it should be expiring within a few days. Dig it out and hit your Targets if you haven't yet(or call first to make sure it's in stock)

Thanks for the reminder! I totally forgot I needed to go back for my two.
Chief

Previous

Return to Finds/Deals