Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

3/28 USA Target and TRU deals

Post your sales news here. Open forum. No Special Access Required!

Re: 3/28 USA Target and TRU deals

Postby MMM.PWR » Mon Mar 29, 2010 11:36 am

You can get all 4 coupons to work - I had $20 off but when I went to check out 3 Freeco speeders it said the item was sold out. I guess they only have 2 available. Oh well, maybe next time.
Always two there are. No more, no less.
MMM.PWR

Postby Bonedaddy » Mon Mar 29, 2010 11:47 am

DarkUnity wrote:FYI for those of you wanting to get Prince of Persia sets with the Kmart buy 2 get 1 free offer, go into your local Kmart on April 1, that should be the day of the stores are allowed to sell the sets. I ran into a local Kmart that had stocked the POP sets but wouldn't allow you to buy them at the register, so I got the manager to hold them for me.

Any idea if the PoP sets will be available online on the 1st? I only have one Kmart in my area and its not particularly well stocked... :(
Bonedaddy

Postby DarkUnity » Tue Mar 30, 2010 9:33 am

Bonedaddy wrote:Any idea if the PoP sets will be available online on the 1st? I only have one Kmart in my area and its not particularly well stocked... :(

No idea. It seemed like a corporate contract to prevent selling the PoP Lego prior to April 1.
DarkUnity

Postby preterosso » Tue Mar 30, 2010 11:42 am

They actually had plenty of PoP on the shelves at my local K at lunchtime today, but when I eagerly hauled my selections to the checkout, I was informed that they were erroneously stocked and unable to be sold until April 1. No foolin'! So I left empty-handed (but fuller-walleted).

(I guess I can go back on Thursday, when the sale is still going. . .duh.)
_______
Just Phil
preterosso

Postby calvinwashere2 » Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:20 pm

slisa51 wrote:
that guy wrote:TRU will be out of all POP (Prince of Persia) until April 11th according to their Customer Service line. They said they sold out so fast and won't get a shipment until that date and they guy said that was for both the stores and .com. Hope this helps.

The TRU by me had all the Prince of Persia Sets on the top of the Lego shelves out of reach. I was able to pull them down and buy almost the whole series at the Buy 1 get 1 half sale. Check on top the shelves at your local TRU. I think they are hiding them.

My local TRU didn't even bother hiding them, they put them out with everything else. I guess they didn't get the memo to hold them until Apr. But they didn't have very many left, probably other people got there before I did and got them since I went after work. Also I noticed all the big house sets are no where to be found. I was hoping to pick up a Fire Brigade or Green Grocer. Hopefully, they'll have more online next time around.
calvinwashere2

Postby Bulls_Eye » Tue Mar 30, 2010 10:01 pm

It looks like kmart.com is getting out of stock on a bunch of their sets.
Bulls_Eye

Postby Puddleglum » Wed Mar 31, 2010 11:58 am

calvinwashere2 wrote:My local TRU didn't even bother hiding them, they put them out with everything else. I guess they didn't get the memo to hold them until Apr.

Same for mine, they had them out on the shelves, with tags and prices and everything. I managed to get two copies of each of the three sub-$30 sets. Licensed sets hot off the press for 25% off of MSRP, not to shabby TRU! :-) My K-Mart is rinky-dink, just about the only thing they had more than 2 copies of was the Hoth battle packs.
Im in ur flickr
Puddleglum

Postby Joxer the Mighty » Wed Mar 31, 2010 4:55 pm

Bonedaddy wrote:Found one more coupon that worked for me; COUPONCABIN.
I also found out that if you fiddle around with the order you add the coupons you can get a total 4 coupons to work, thats an extra $20 off if you have more than $50 in your cart. In my case it ended up being about 42% savings when i got two $40 sets and one $45. Glad to see some others are having good luck with all the codes. If i find any more i'll post it here, :)

Wanted to thank bonedaddy for all the coupon codes provided, I got some really good deals on sets I had yet to purchase.
"I want to go to there"
Joxer the Mighty

Postby Prince Kahuka » Wed Mar 31, 2010 5:06 pm

I had a couple unexpected events with the Kmart sale. First, on Sunday I ordered six sets online including the Snowtrooper Battle Pack. Yesterday I received two e-mails, one confirming shipment of five of the sets, and another apologizing that the Battle Pack had been canceled (I assume they oversold it), and I would be refunded $10.99 + tax + prorated shipping. I thought they would have prorated the set cost since it was part of a Buy Two Get One Free, but I guess I got the other two sets at Buy One Get One Free.

Second, on Monday I went to a B&M Kmart and bought three sets. My total came to $53 and I paid $35 using gift cards and $18 by credit card. When I got home I realized that two of the sets I just bought were ones I bought online the day before (short memory), so I returned them. The cashier said that she could only give a refund using one form of payment, so it was my choice to get a $53 gift card or refund $53 to my credit card. I obviously chose credit card, and so ended up converting $35 in Kmart gift cards to $35 credit I could spend anywhere.
Prince Kahuka

Postby DarthMC » Fri Apr 02, 2010 5:05 am

DarkUnity wrote:FYI for those of you wanting to get Prince of Persia sets with the Kmart buy 2 get 1 free offer, go into your local Kmart on April 1, that should be the day of the stores are allowed to sell the sets. I ran into a local Kmart that had stocked the POP sets but wouldn't allow you to buy them at the register, so I got the manager to hold them for me.

That is exactly what happened to my Kmart with one glitch. The sets were on the shelf that morning but when they programmed them into the registers, the PoP sets must not have been put in the buy 2 get 1 free category. I had Woodys Roundup, Tie Defender and PoP Quest Against Time which were all the same price but did not show up as buy 2 get 1 free because of the PoP set. The manager looked at the ad and said "I don't see this PoP set in the picture" (only one early morning manager) and would not give me the discount. Not a total loss because I had a 10$ off 30$ coupon and got a Separatists Shuttle which is not bad at 33% off.

DarthMC
DarthMC

Postby Morgan19 » Fri Apr 02, 2010 5:48 am

Same thing happened to me, except the manager was much more of a jerk about it.

The discount didn't automatically register when I tried to get three of the $10 sets; when I asked about it the manager refused to honor the sale because they came up in the computer as "LEGO accessories" instead of "LEGO building sets". My logic of "Of course they're building sets, look at the box" was ignored and she insisted I was wrong. When I further pointed out their own printed ad saying there were no exclusions, she grabbed the set out of my hands and angrily stomped off to check the shelves herself for a good 15 minutes, leaving me standing there. She came back and once again insisted the PoP sets were not included and wouldn't budge, citing that I must not understand their ads and then abruptly turned and walked away from me. I honestly don't know what else I could've done, so I just left without getting anything.

I'd be interested in hearing if anyone ever actually does get the sale working for the PoP stuff.

DarthMC wrote:a 10$ off 30$ coupon

Any chance that coupon's publicly available?

m19
Morgan19

Postby Bonedaddy » Fri Apr 02, 2010 5:59 am

Just a heads up for those of you still planning on doing some Kmart deals. There is free shipping for online orders over $50 right now, not sure how long it lasts, maybe today and tomorrow. Most of the coupons still seem to work with the exception of SPRINGTOY50, but free shipping is better than an extra $5 off.
Also, some of their stock seems to have been replenished, get it while its hot!

*EDIT* Scratch that, the SPRINGTOY50 coupon still works!
Bonedaddy

Postby onions » Fri Apr 02, 2010 8:56 am

kmart.com still has lego in stock?
onions
Damp Noodle

Postby Joxer the Mighty » Fri Apr 02, 2010 9:09 am

onions wrote:kmart.com still has lego in stock?

Edited because when I went to site to get more, most of the sets are out of stock
"I want to go to there"
Joxer the Mighty

Postby indelible » Fri Apr 02, 2010 12:35 pm

Joxer the Mighty wrote:

Edited because when I went to site to get more, most of the sets are out of stock

? what did you edit?
indelible

Postby DarthMC » Fri Apr 02, 2010 5:14 pm

DarthMC wrote:a 10$ off 30$ coupon

Any chance that coupon's publicly available?

m19

This was an actual store printed coupon. I was getting my daughter a game system which had been opened and when I asked the manager if they had any others, he said they did not but gave me that coupon to use on it. I asked if I could have another and he gave me one more to use later. I tried to get one later and a different person said it was only if you donated to the March of Dimes so it's up to the individual manager.
DarthMC

Postby Joxer the Mighty » Fri Apr 02, 2010 7:14 pm

indelible wrote:
Joxer the Mighty wrote:

? what did you edit?

I was going to speak of how good the deals were on specific sets with the buy2get1free, the 4 codes and the free shipping. But i was thwarted with their inventory. Still great deals to be had, just not with some of the more popular sets.
"I want to go to there"
Joxer the Mighty

Postby stawas » Mon Apr 05, 2010 2:31 pm

Just an observation but it is interesting that now that the sale is over, K-Mart shows all LEGO sets as IN STOCK and ready to ship. I know that this was a killer deal with all the coupons but I would have purchased sets with just the Buy 2 Get 1 Free like they had advertised. Boo!
stawas

Postby dane » Wed Apr 21, 2010 5:42 am

TRU is having all Star Wars sets BOGO 50% off the week of 4/25-4/30. Not sure if this one applies to the rest of the sets, but definitely a good time to pick up the Republic Swamp Speeder if you haven't already.
dane

Postby lg_fan » Fri Apr 23, 2010 7:07 am

stawas wrote:Just an observation but it is interesting that now that the sale is over, K-Mart shows all LEGO sets as IN STOCK and ready to ship. I know that this was a killer deal with all the coupons but I would have purchased sets with just the Buy 2 Get 1 Free like they had advertised. Boo!

I placed a few orders for Lego and other things during their Easter sale,
and about 60-70% of my items were canceled for being out of stock. Yet they
still showed as in stock during and since the sale. Of course I had
used the coupons...
lg_fan

PreviousNext

Return to Finds/Deals