Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

[CAN] TRU - 20% OFF PM, Atlantis, Technic + free ST Promo!

Post your sales news here. Open forum. No Special Access Required!

[CAN] TRU - 20% OFF PM, Atlantis, Technic + free ST Promo!

Postby sabriyo » Tue Mar 23, 2010 12:06 pm

Hi

Just got my weekly flyer from Toys R Us. They are going to have a sale on Power Miners, Atlantis and Technic sets. 20% OFF.

There's also a free chrome stormtrooper promo going on that week.
You have to buy 30$ (before tax) of Lego Star Wars merchandises. It says limited quantity for the chrome Stormtrooper.

Date : Friday 26th to Monday 5th! 11 DAYS!
sabriyo

Re: [CAN] TRU - 20% OFF PM, Atlantis, Technic + free ST Promo!

Postby csiquet » Tue Mar 23, 2010 2:41 pm

This is not fair!!!
LEGO is cheaper in the US/CAN than Europe and you still have sales...
csiquet

Postby ricefields » Tue Mar 23, 2010 4:09 pm

finally something worth going to tru in canada for. I got a couple of $10 off coupons that I was waiting to use on something. Hopefully they allow both the discount and the free chrome stromie.
ricefields

Postby hatcher » Wed Mar 24, 2010 5:21 am

So let me get this straight. US TRU's offer a chrome storm trooper if you buy $11.99 worth of Star Wars stuff, but Canadians have to spend $30 (before tax)? WTF????? After viewing TRU Canada's website, they have exactly NOTHING that sells for $30. Which means if you want one of these things you have to spend more like $45 to get one. (They have the battle packs for $14.99, and the corporate tank droid (I think) for $29.99). Thanks for once again screwing Canada TRU. I hate you.
There are 10 kinds of people in the world, those who can understand binary, and those that can't.
"None of you understand. I'm not locked up in here with you, you are locked up in here with me!" - Rorshach, Watchmen.
hatcher

Postby Tong » Wed Mar 24, 2010 6:33 am

Does anyone know of a way to get this deal on the Toys R Us website?
Catch me weekly on Beyond the Brick podcast at Brickpodcast.com
Tong

Postby Aharown » Fri Mar 26, 2010 4:19 pm

I went to my (not-so) local TRU today, a 1/2 hour drive away, having to pick up an unrelated courier parcel. I bought the Swamp speeder, as well as the Fire Blaster, and went to check-out.

They were out of Chrome Stormtroopers!

One of the ladies explained that they didn't receive very many, and that they were all out. She gave me a Lego Santa key chain instead, of which they still had many. They mentioned that they might be receiving more.

Considering the store had opened at 9:00 am, and this occurred around 10:10 am, they either had a hoarder grab them all as soon as they opened, or the store started to give them out before it was supposed to.

The staff were very helpful, especially the girl at the cash, and there was a lineup forming behind me, so I didn't ask them for any further details. It was a little disappointing, however. :(

Oh well, I can always order one from S&H.
<><
Aharown

Postby hatcher » Fri Mar 26, 2010 4:24 pm

Sorry to hear you got the shaft, but it doesn't surprise me. I would have not bought the stuff and left. But I'm bitter and cynical. ;)
There are 10 kinds of people in the world, those who can understand binary, and those that can't.
"None of you understand. I'm not locked up in here with you, you are locked up in here with me!" - Rorshach, Watchmen.
hatcher

Postby winbrant » Sat Mar 27, 2010 5:17 pm

I was at a TRU yesterday afternoon here in Calgary and they said they only got maybe a couple dozen so I got one. I was at another TRU today and the signs got taken down and when I asked they said they ran out earlier that morning.

Yup...limited quantities.
winbrant

Postby MajorRodgers » Sat Mar 27, 2010 6:32 pm

Picked mine up today. TRU is about 1/2 hour away. Went in shortly after store had opened. Got to the cash where the cashier told me that their shipment had not arrived yet. Drove all the way home only to have the phone ring. It was TRU saying that the shipment arrived and that I could pick up my stormtrooper. Of course I drove right back to get it. It was a bit annoying since I can guarantee that there is no way they received a shipment on a Saturday. I assume the ox was htere but they were too lazy to check their shipments. Oh well, at least I got it. Ooooh..shiny! I noticed that many of these "rare" chrome stormtroopers are already on e-bay. Clearly these sellers are not real Lego fans.
MajorRodgers

Postby winbrant » Fri Apr 02, 2010 7:36 pm

So I go to see if there are any POP sets and I got the last Desert Attack set.

I go and pay and the girl also hands me a Chrome Stormie :shock: ! I asked what this was about and she said they got a shipment late in last weeks sale and were instructed to hand them out with a purchase of any LEGO. XD
winbrant

Return to Finds/Deals