Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

Target MINIs Appearing

Post your sales news here. Open forum. No Special Access Required!

Re: Target MINIs Appearing

Postby Puddleglum » Fri Feb 26, 2010 7:31 am

Found some in Manassas finally! Both models are very nice, but the shuttle really shines for me as both a great model and an excellent parts pack. Lots of white plates, cheese slopes, jumper plates, wedge plates, etc. The X-Wing is mostly parts I have a ton of already - clips, bars, and 1x1 rounds. The wedges and the 1x3 tile are nice though.

Crusader wrote:What I don't understand is why Target seems to burn through these so fast. They always seem to sell out weeks in advance of whatever holiday they're for, especially the Star Wars ones. I realize that Target designates them as seasonal even though most of the sets have nothing to do with the season at hand, so they want to move them out fast. But there is always loads of unsold stuff at the end of every season, so clearly they plan on being overstocked. It seems like the purchaser at Target need to add an extra zero to their seasonal polybags order.

I completely agree & don’t understand it either. I went basically the day the put them out and they had maybe 10 of each? I imagine that probably isn’t *all* they have, but still, my experience in the past has been the same, these things are always long gone weeks before Easter/Christmas.

fredjh wrote:I hate to derail the thread, but it really boggles the mind, now, how the larger sets are being priced so high. I mean, the Star Wars minis are coming in at less than $0.06 per piece (X-Wing, about $0.065 for the shuttle).

Don't forget these sets are all very small parts. Try buying 8 X-Wings ($25) and build something even remotely as large as, for example, the Droid Tri-Fighter.
Im in ur flickr
Puddleglum

Postby fredjh » Fri Feb 26, 2010 7:46 am

That's very true, but look at the city sets, too... build your own comes out to $3.33 at the LEGO Stores; the Castle packs with the five figures in it are $15, coming out to $3/each. In the little city pack, though, you get a figure, with headgear AND a vehicle for $3.00. Like I said, I know you pay more because you get to "build your own," but still... seems like quite a good deal, to me.
fredjh

Postby solo606 » Fri Feb 26, 2010 10:14 am

I noticed at My target over the past year or two, they seem to restock them through the holiday.
I specifically remember going to the same a Target a number of times and at one time there were no more minis, then the next time I went the bins were full. Maybe keep checking.
solo606

Postby KitFisto » Tue Mar 02, 2010 4:12 am

Just out of curiosity... is it just Easter and Christmas when these "exclusive" mini-sets are available?
KitFisto

Postby onions » Tue Mar 02, 2010 4:14 am

Last year, there were some power miners polybag sets for halloween. not exactly mini sets, but still were exclusive to target.
onions
Founder
Founder

Postby natespizer » Tue Mar 02, 2010 4:03 pm

The target locations in my area ( 5 checked with) all show 30 as the amount they should receive and they receive only one shipment. I have spoken the unit and pricing managers at 2 locations and both have confirmed they only receive one shipment of these seasonal items.

Note they only have the one sku for both models on the shelf so that 15 each.

Also the 5 i have checked with all say they have 30 but have 0 on the shelves - argh!
natespizer

Postby onions » Tue Mar 02, 2010 5:00 pm

it's not necessarily 15 each. the target i went to had 18 xwings and 12 shuttles.

yes i counted.
onions
Founder
Founder

Postby Coret » Tue Mar 02, 2010 6:45 pm

Make sure you are looking in the right spot too, they aren't with the rest of the Lego sets. They are with the seasonal stuff.
Coret

Postby liquidcross » Wed Mar 03, 2010 7:34 am

Got mine over the weekend. Good stuff! The mini X-wing looks nice next to my fullsize one...
(and don't forget Text and Violence)
liquidcross

Postby bigospedros » Wed Mar 03, 2010 7:52 am

onions wrote:it's not necessarily 15 each. the target i went to had 18 xwings and 12 shuttles.

yes i counted.

how many were left after you'd left the shop ? ;)
bigospedros
Staff Writer

Postby Puddleglum » Wed Mar 03, 2010 12:02 pm

30 each at $3.50 a pop hardly seems worth anyones time. I still don't get why they are wasting shelf space like this, that's an empty bin for nearly a month.
Im in ur flickr
Puddleglum

Postby natespizer » Sat Mar 13, 2010 1:05 am

The Targets in my area began receiving/putting out their starwars mini sets just yesterday.

Just wanted to update if anyone still hadnt found them at their local Target.
natespizer

Postby Morgan19 » Sat Mar 13, 2010 2:56 pm

Another spotting... The local Targets burned through the first shipment within a day of them arriving several weeks ago, but it looks like they're getting replenishing shipments back in-- for anyone who missed them the "first" time.

m19
Morgan19

Postby solo606 » Mon Mar 15, 2010 7:08 pm

Yes, my local Target has also replenished its stock. Two weeks ago there were city sets and 1 gunship left.
Yesterday they had all sets in stock.
solo606

Postby GrayMattR » Wed Mar 17, 2010 4:49 pm

My store had all of these. Picked up the SW sets but that silly fireman helmet made me think hard about getting the set...
GrayMattR

Postby Puddleglum » Wed Mar 31, 2010 11:53 am

Just a quick FYI - if you're still looking for these and your local Target seems sold out, check behind the bins in various places. It seems someone stuffed a bunch of X-Wings back behind a bin on the bottom shelf at the Target I was at today. (I'm assuming they were hoping to hide them and the get them for 50% off after Easter, but you never know, an employee could have just been moving stuff around in a rush and done it on accident)
Im in ur flickr
Puddleglum

Postby vynsane » Mon Apr 05, 2010 5:18 am

my wife got the SW sets for me for easter - they're both really neat little sets. the x-wing looks to be in-scale to the midi-scale millenium falcon... maybe a LITTLE bit smaller than to-scale. but still, could be useful in dioramas with the two sets.

i plan to check back and see if they still have some. maybe i can snag a few on clearance. the colors and parts of each would be very useful.
ALL HAIL THE BLACTRON EMPIRE!

Flickr Photostream | Brickset reviews
vynsane

Postby atxdad » Mon Apr 05, 2010 10:03 am

Has anyone been to Target yet to confirm if the Easter polybag sets (SW, police, fireman) are now on clearance sale, and if so, how much are they now?
atxdad

Postby CommanoSev » Mon Apr 05, 2010 1:44 pm

Well I just came back from Target and all the seasonal Easter items are 50% off. Seeing as the MINI's are labeled as seasonal they'd be part of the clearance as well. Sadly, I didn't find any...
CommanoSev

Postby groupsrv » Mon Apr 12, 2010 3:14 pm

Had no luck trolling the Targets in the buffalo area just before Easter. Hope they put them out again in the next seasonal promotion
groupsrv

Previous

Return to Finds/Deals