Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

After-holiday Clearances Thread (stickied through Jan 28th)

Post your sales news here. Open forum. No Special Access Required!

After-holiday Clearances Thread (stickied through Jan 28th)

Postby banthafodder » Sat Dec 26, 2009 12:02 pm

EDIT BY JEREMY: This post is the first post in a new thread that combined 4 previous "store-specific" after holiday clearance threads.

Was at Target this a.m. and they had the V-19 for $38.48 and some space police sets 30% off
banthafodder

Re: (US) Target 30% off

Postby indelible » Sat Dec 26, 2009 1:56 pm

thats fast, they usually dont update toys until thursday. will wait for 50% off.
indelible

Postby zandarsden » Sat Dec 26, 2009 3:52 pm

picked up some nice star wars and space police sets (tank, target exclusive sp vehicle, etc) for 30% off plus saw a few Castle troll warships for $60 and the new Toy Story and Star Wars sets...
zandarsden

Postby anakinisvader » Sat Dec 26, 2009 5:41 pm

All the Targets here are pretty much wiped out. There were a few sets left on the shelves. I'm not waiting for the 50% off because there wont be any left.
anakinisvader

Postby Joxer the Mighty » Sat Dec 26, 2009 9:51 pm

anakinisvader wrote:All the Targets here are pretty much wiped out. There were a few sets left on the shelves. I'm not waiting for the 50% off because there wont be any left.

Went to 3 Targets here and wiped out is right. I've never seen the stock so low around here. Nothing in clearance section and the Lego aisle had tumbleweeds rollin thru. I usually get very little clearance in any Lego theme, but this year it looks like I won't be able to purchase any :'(
"I want to go to there"
Joxer the Mighty

Postby Firespray » Sun Dec 27, 2009 1:11 am

I can also report that at least 2 of the Targets in my area had very little Lego, the aisles were just about clean.
Firespray

Postby GIR3691 » Sun Dec 27, 2009 8:11 am

Went to Target Christmas Eve, there were two Lego watches and a SP Raid VPR. :p I don't think I'll be seeing clearance this year.
>>[email protected] <<
GIR3691
Staff Writer

Postby ufjason » Sun Dec 27, 2009 11:20 am

As predicted, most retailers were conservative with ordering this year. Most Targets, Walmarts and TRU here were very slim during the last week. Many sold out but you'll see that stock will start coming in with returns and new 2010 product.

So far, what I've found on clearance:

IJ Fighter plane
IJ Venice
IJ Temple Crystal Skull
SP Max Security Transport*
SW Pirate Tank*
SW Fighter Tank*
SW Baggie stocking stuffers
PM Cave Crusher*
PM Mine Mech
PM motorcycle thing
City Minifigs
City Sports Car
PM Crystal Sweeper
City Construction Site
Castle Troll Warship

*target/lego store exclusives

There may be more but these are the only ones I have seen in person at 30%
eBay store, contact me if you'd like to perform trades from my inventory. I'm looking for original genosian fighers, second version a-wing fighters and tie bombers. I may be interested in other sets so let me know what you have.
ufjason

Postby banthafodder » Sun Dec 27, 2009 3:08 pm

Today I did see the Magnaguard fighter and AAT on sale
banthafodder

LegoShop.com lego sale (~95 items)

Postby BlueDragonZ » Sun Dec 27, 2009 10:00 pm

Update : The uK is having a similar sale but with a range of 25-50% off.

Legoshop.com for USA and Canada just added lots of items on sale. Theres 190 items but most of the stuff is sold out already so its basically only around 95 items on sale. (they were sold out before the sale like the ahsoka fighter, advent calendar, anakin fighter,etc.)

Some of the noteworthy items are like most of the power miners theme, agents, castle, bionicle, mini sets, more keychains, seasonal stuff, train station and volksvagen beattle. Most of the stuff is around 25% off.

http://shop.lego.com/SalesAndDeals/Default.aspx?va=1
Last edited by BlueDragonZ on Mon Dec 28, 2009 1:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BlueDragonZ

Re: [USA/CAN] LegoShop.com lego sale (95 items)

Postby DarthMC » Sun Dec 27, 2009 10:57 pm

S@H also has all the non-exclusive (no WalMart landspeeders yet) Jan 2010 sets available. Looks like the battlepacks are 10.99 and not the rumored higher MSRP.

DarthMC
DarthMC

Postby sabriyo » Mon Dec 28, 2009 8:13 am

wow this sale sucks... they put "on sale" every SW set that were already sold out... All the other still available sets are @ the regular price... what a big scam from Lego
sabriyo

Postby harry_jo » Mon Dec 28, 2009 9:06 am

A little late to the party on this one. Went to my local Target on Saturday, December 26. Almost all Lego completely wiped out. They had 3 Tank Droids and 3-4 Vader's TIE and none of them at clearance prices. Will check but I'd guess as soon as they're marked down to 30% they'll vanish.
harry_jo

Postby Nannan » Mon Dec 28, 2009 9:39 am

sabriyo wrote:wow this sale sucks... they put "on sale" every SW set that were already sold out... All the other still available sets are @ the regular price... what a big scam from Lego

I agree, but I'm going to check the LEGO stores to see if they carry any of the sold out items.
Nannan

(USA) Walmart sets on Clearance

Postby Shamrock777 » Mon Dec 28, 2009 10:05 am

Found these sets at Walmart today

Power Miners Crystal Sweeper $34.98
Power Miners Granite Grinder $5
Power Miners Mine Mech $3.98
City Helocopter Transport $19
Shamrock777

Postby GIR3691 » Mon Dec 28, 2009 1:11 pm

I noticed the SW sets on sale but sold out this morning. These sales are okay but none really sparked my interest. Most look to be only around 25% off at best. :roll:

I'll hop on board if better discounts appear. Got a couple of LEGO gift cards burning a hole in my pocket.
>>[email protected] <<
GIR3691
Staff Writer

Postby BlueDragonZ » Mon Dec 28, 2009 1:35 pm

GIR3691 wrote:I noticed the SW sets on sale but sold out this morning. These sales are okay but none really sparked my interest. Most look to be only around 25% off at best. :roll:

I'll hop on board if better discounts appear. Got a couple of LEGO gift cards burning a hole in my pocket.

The SW sets have long been sold out before the sale. I was hoping they might put a discount on count dooku solar sailer but they didn't cause it was still available and not sold out.
BlueDragonZ

After-Holiday Clearances!

Postby Staff » Mon Dec 28, 2009 3:07 pm

Hi FBTBers!

If Ace's up to the minute pre-holiday sales news didn't empty your wallets already, here is some after-holiday sales news to finish the job!

A few notes about after holiday sales:

• A dictionary look-up of the word "clearance" would suggest that these items will not be restocked at the given store.  So, if its gone, its gone.  Product is subject to availability. We post the news, and make no claims of it being in stock.

• Secondly, many clearance blowouts are store-specific, meaning whats on sale at a random big-box retailer may be different than its sister store three miles away.  Most of the news from these sales may not apply to your store, so shop with enthusiasm but be prepared to find different deals than your FBTB friends.

• Finally, LEGO was a HOT item this year.  Inventories are picked through and limited.  This year, unlike in recent year's past, to the early bird will go the worm.  Don't expect stock to sit on the shelves for weeks on end... if there was stock in the first place it won't be there long.

Here are some confirmed super sales:

LEGO Shop at Home:

The Sales & Deal's Page has featured some great sets through the last 24 hours, but stock is limited.  Currently, Star Wars and Indiana Jones are limited to keychains or sold out.  Keep an eye on the page, however, as year-end counts get done and random inventory returns to stock.

LEGO Brand Retail:

LEGO Brand Retail Stores have many of the items on the S@H pages also on sale, but stock is very limited.  25% off most items from the 2008 and early 2009 Star Wars and Indiana Jones line.  If you can find them in stock, I picked up a few 7681 Separatist Spider Droids and a 7683 Fight on the Flying Wing.  Stock varies from store to store.

Toys'R'Us:

I've gotten two PM's about the 7754 Home One Mon Calamari being on sale for 30% off.  This set has been below retail throughout almost the whole holiday season.  Though a fan-favored set versus the disaster of a set that was the 7680 Twilight, looks like Toys'R'Us struck out again this holiday.  While for 30% most would consider it a good buy, I personally would expect further discounts forthcoming.

Happy Hunting!

A note to forum users: Please post all "store specific" clearance news to the After-Holiday Clearances thread in the Finds! sub forum.
---
Permalink: http://www.fbtb.net/2009/12/28/after-holiday-clearances/
Staff

Re: After-holiday Clearances Thread (stickied through Jan 28th)

Postby UOldPirate » Mon Dec 28, 2009 5:19 pm

Amazon is also discounting a few Lego products, but nothing too exciting. On their "Save up to 60% on boys toys" page they have the following:

Bionicle Jetrax T6 - $34.99 (30% off)
Power Miners Stone Chopper - $6.99 (30% off)
Indiana Jones Venice Canal Chase - $33.31 (17% off)
Indiana Jones Jungle Cutter - $34.11 (15% off)

Amazon priced the Stone Chopper way above MSRP, so their discounted price is still above MSRP and shop.lego.com is offering a better price on the Stone Chopper and Jungle Cutter. However, Amazon did re-start their Lightning Deals again on 12/27. No Lego yet, but I would keep checking. The pre-Christmas Lightning Deals were pretty good. Here's the link for the Amazon toy page where both the Lightning Deals and up to 60% off deals can be found:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/browse.html/ref=pe_14950_13972260_fe_img_1/?node=360960011
UOldPirate

Re: After-holiday Clearances Thread (stickied through Jan 28th)

Postby anakinisvader » Mon Dec 28, 2009 10:36 pm

Found at Walmart:

7685 City Dozer $19.00 over 50% off
7686 City Helicopter Transporter $19.00 over 50% off
8963 Power Miners Rock Wrecker $25.00 about 30% off
6243 Pirates Brickbeard's Bounty $49.98 over 50% off
6239 Pirates Cannon Battle around 3 bucks about 50% off
6240 Krakken Attackin' $5 about 50%

It looks like all Power Miners and Pirates are being clearanced. I also found a boat load of Duplo that is 50% off. Most were not in the clearance isle so take your time and just scan things. You may find a great deal.
anakinisvader

Next

Return to Finds/Deals