Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

Two New Amazon Lightning Deals 12/16

Post your sales news here. Open forum. No Special Access Required!

Two New Amazon Lightning Deals 12/16

Postby Staff » Wed Dec 16, 2009 4:06 am

There are two new LEGO lightning deals on Amazon.com for Wednesday December 16th.

• LEGO Star Wars 10175 Vader's TIE Advanced has been consistently less than MSRP on Amazon. I guess not enough people were buying them. Expect the price to be 50% off the regular price of $99.99. Unfortunately, this deal is set to go off at 6:00am PST.

• If you didn't wake up in time for that, at 3:00pm PST there is a deal LEGO Power Miners 8961 Crystal Sweeper. MSRP is at $69.99 which is a little overpriced. If tradition holds true and it's marked at 50% off, it's a steal at $35.

As usual, you can expect lightning deals on LEGO to sell out within the first five minutes. So good luck to you!
---
Permalink: http://www.fbtb.net/2009/12/16/two-new-amazon-lightning-deals-1216/
Staff

Re: Two New Amazon Lightning Deals 12/16

Postby Morgan19 » Wed Dec 16, 2009 7:01 am

Can you "pre-load" your cart with an item and it'll update the price when you checkout, sort of pre-emptively buying it? The TIE was 100% sold out quite literally within two seconds of the deal going live...

m19
Morgan19

Postby anakinisvader » Wed Dec 16, 2009 7:03 am

Talk about LIGHTNING DEAL!!! I used the dark side of the force and got one before they were all gone (within seconds). The Emperor himself would be proud. ;)
anakinisvader

Postby Qzak » Wed Dec 16, 2009 7:05 am

That sucked, as soon as the deal started, I clicked on it to add to the cart and it said 100% claimed. :(
Qzak

Postby Thundarr » Wed Dec 16, 2009 7:14 am

Amazon probably only had a few. I looked at the item details page before it went live and only a third party seller was selling it. But man, that was the fastest I've ever seen a deal go.
Thundarr

Postby fredjh » Wed Dec 16, 2009 8:32 am

Wow. I don't know what's going on with me; I think they must have multiple sets of lightening deals, because my 6:00am PST lightening deal was a Fuji camera. (there was a case some time ago where Amazon would show different prices to different people... it reminds me of another thread on here where we're talking about pricing).

I noticed this last time, too, when you guys were posting about the LEGO creator house... I simply didn't see it on the day you said it was coming... but then it was a lightening deal THE NEXT DAY for me. :O

Not that I got it... missed out, as usual, but even today, I don't even have a 3:00 PST deal showing.

I have at 2:00: Hide the band and keep your instruments neatly stowed.
At 4:00: Bring the movie theater experience home.

So... don't know what the heck is going on with me, but I'll keep an eye out for it tomorrow... if it's like last time, it should be 9:00am for me.
fredjh

Postby kelano28 » Wed Dec 16, 2009 8:40 am

fredjh wrote:Wow. I don't know what's going on with me; I think they must have multiple sets of lightening deals, because my 6:00am PST lightening deal was a Fuji camera. (there was a case some time ago where Amazon would show different prices to different people... it reminds me of another thread on here where we're talking about pricing).

I noticed this last time, too, when you guys were posting about the LEGO creator house... I simply didn't see it on the day you said it was coming... but then it was a lightening deal THE NEXT DAY for me. :O

Not that I got it... missed out, as usual, but even today, I don't even have a 3:00 PST deal showing.

I have at 2:00: Hide the band and keep your instruments neatly stowed.
At 4:00: Bring the movie theater experience home.

So... don't know what the heck is going on with me, but I'll keep an eye out for it tomorrow... if it's like last time, it should be 9:00am for me.

You may just be looking at the wrong page.. could it be you're at the "Today's Deals" page instead of the "Top Holiday Deals" page? Are you using the link at the top of this thread?

Hope this helps..
kelano28

Postby Thundarr » Wed Dec 16, 2009 8:49 am

fredjh:
Once you click on the "Gold Box Deals" you can view other deals from that day by clicking "Top Holiday Deals" (red text right above the Lightning Deals list). Once you get to the "Top Holiday Deals" page, you can browse the other deals and their start times by clicking on each category and clicking the arrows to see more. Hope that helps.
Thundarr

Postby Andi » Wed Dec 16, 2009 9:06 am

What time zone is that actually?
~Andi

Flickr
Andi

Postby fredjh » Wed Dec 16, 2009 9:09 am

gorramit... Opera wasn't showing me the lightening deals. Firefox does.

Still... what was interesting (coincidental, maybe) but I missed this last time (the creator house) for the same reason... but when I looked at the regular lightening deals the next day, they had that same one, so they must reserve a certain amount for each deal (in other words, not until it's sold out, but until they've sold X number of units).
fredjh

Postby UOldPirate » Wed Dec 16, 2009 9:53 am

fredjh wrote:gorramit... Opera wasn't showing me the lightening deals. Firefox does.

I saw the same thing too. It's odd that Opera isn't displaying the deals, because Amazon's Lightning Deals page uses just plain old HTML, javascript and style sheets. No Flash or anything else. For some reason Opera is choking on Amazon's javascript code. If you turn on the "open console on error" option you can see the error messages. At least Firefox works, as do Safari and IE. Now that you can see them, hope you're able to get in on any of the future deals. Good hunting!
UOldPirate

Postby jonutah » Wed Dec 16, 2009 10:08 am

Not trying to sound snarky, but I'd stray away from browsers that don't have a majority of the market share if you want to have a chance of getting a hot item. Big companies only test on the big 2 or 3: IE, FireFox, Safari or Chrome. It simply isn't worth the time or money to test any other browsers.

- Jon
jonutah

Postby robskot » Wed Dec 16, 2009 4:30 pm

I don't understand why the Tie isn't popular...I built it a couple years ago and thought it was pretty good.
robskot

Postby GregSmith » Wed Dec 16, 2009 4:49 pm

robskot wrote:I don't understand why the Tie isn't popular...I built it a couple years ago and thought it was pretty good.

It is a great-looking finished product for sure.
GregSmith

Return to Finds/Deals