Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

TRU Doorbuster Deal: 33% off 7754 Home One

Post your sales news here. Open forum. No Special Access Required!

Re: TRU Doorbuster Deal: 33% off 7754 <em>Home One</em>

Postby GIR3691 » Sun Dec 06, 2009 8:07 am

I got the thank you for your order e-mail, but still no confirmation from my second order attempt. It listed the item as in stock and located, and looks so far to be going through. I'll be pretty sore if it doesn't, and in that case will call to complain.
>>[email protected] <<
GIR3691
Staff Writer

Postby Draykov » Sun Dec 06, 2009 10:08 am

onions wrote:I just got my shipping confirmation from my TRU order. unfortunately sales tax was applied even though google checkout didn't show any. it might be because i'm in the same state as google? otherwise, if someone not from california can confirm whether or not they got charged tax, it would be much appreciated.

still, tax or not, this was a helluva deal.

I got charged too. It would seem Toys R Us is pretty much on the ball when it comes to collecting their due. Since there are physical TRUs in Texas, I got nailed. But, as you say...still a helluva deal.
Hail Space!
Draykov

Postby banthafodder » Sun Dec 06, 2009 10:44 am

Being in California myself I would say you should count yourself blessed that you got charged the sales tax. I know that seems counter intuitive but the state of California has what's called a fair use tax. The law here states that if you buy something over the internet or in another state but you use that item in California, you have to pay California state sales tax even if you payed sales tax in another state. For most things, not a problem, but with California being cash strapped they are coming down on this. I had bought some office furniture over the internet for my business and within six months the state wanted to see that I paid CA sales tax. This is more of a way to complain about this sucker tax than anything else. This is actually probably why onions was taxed because most of the large internet companies are complying with this.
banthafodder

Postby GIR3691 » Wed Dec 09, 2009 8:15 am

Finally got my shipping confirmation. They added $7.94 in tax >:( for a total of $140.32, or $70.16 each. It's supposed to ship to my house today, according the the tracking info. I don't think I'll be using Google checkout anymore.
>>[email protected] <<
GIR3691
Staff Writer

Postby etcknight » Thu Dec 10, 2009 1:52 pm

GIR3691 wrote:Finally got my shipping confirmation. They added $7.94 in tax >:( for a total of $140.32, or $70.16 each. It's supposed to ship to my house today, according the the tracking info. I don't think I'll be using Google checkout anymore.

Yeah, I don't understand what the benefit of Google Checkout is compared to any other form of check-out or Paypal. Got my shipping confirmations. Waiting for delivery. Missed out on AOL 50% off deal. Oh well. 33% off even with tax isn't a bad deal on Lego these days. :)
etcknight

Postby GIR3691 » Thu Dec 10, 2009 2:54 pm

Well, I arrived home today and was greeted by my Home One(s). I built one, and the A-Wing windscreen has that weird lip on it that the new Space Police set has.

Good set for $110. Great set for $70! I love spinning the turntables. The Mon Cal heads seem too not-Lego, but I can live with it. I finally have an Ackbar. XD
>>[email protected] <<
GIR3691
Staff Writer

Postby onions » Thu Dec 10, 2009 3:19 pm

new windscreen makes me a sad panda :(
onions
Damp Noodle

Postby Draykov » Thu Dec 10, 2009 4:39 pm

Boo! You'd think if they were gonna alter the piece, they'd use less plastic, not more.
Hail Space!
Draykov

Postby ufjason » Fri Dec 11, 2009 6:58 am

I like the lip, depending on how you build a set with it, it really helps with canopies falling off all the time. The original one only held on to two studs fully and the front two had 50% coverage which wasn't as effective. I guess it can go both ways.
eBay store, contact me if you'd like to perform trades from my inventory. I'm looking for original genosian fighers, second version a-wing fighters and tie bombers. I may be interested in other sets so let me know what you have.
ufjason

Postby Thundarr » Sat Dec 12, 2009 11:32 am

This deal was finally delivered to me yesterday. The LEGO box was absolutely mint - surprising for a large set like this. Great packing job and great price too, TRU! This makes up for the time they shipped me a large castle set with a huge chunk torn out of the front of the LEGO box, plus a forklift hole in the shipping box and who knows how many missing pieces.
This is a sweet set: the minifigs, the A-Wing, the Death Star hologram, etc. make it well worth the price. I hope everyone who wanted it got in on the deal - these limited editions rarely go on sale like this.
Thundarr

Postby ufjason » Sat Dec 12, 2009 2:27 pm

This set is now 89.99 in stores till 12/24
eBay store, contact me if you'd like to perform trades from my inventory. I'm looking for original genosian fighers, second version a-wing fighters and tie bombers. I may be interested in other sets so let me know what you have.
ufjason

Previous

Return to Finds/Deals