Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

NEW SETS SPOTTED! (Winter 2010 Edition)

Post your sales news here. Open forum. No Special Access Required!

Re: NEW SETS SPOTTED! (Winter 2010 Edition)

Postby jedi_master_sal » Mon Jan 18, 2010 2:18 pm

Well I pulled the trigger on the WM midi-Falcon set.

AWESOME! Great size when you want something bigger than the mini and have no room for the larger sets. I think this one is going to reside in my work office for awhile.

I also bought the WM Hoth exclusive set. Piece count is ok. I mean we got 4 minis in both the Rebel and Snowtroopers sets and those were only $10. So for $15 more we get Han, Tauntaun, Turret and portion of trench.

I guess the value is relatively there.

Also snagged another Power Miners set. This one I've been having second thoughts about. Unfortunately after buying it those feelings haven't changed. $35 for a set with only 265 pieces. Only 1 mini fig and a large rock monster. I at least thought the vehicle was going to be bigger.

Ah well, I deal with it. Prolly just MOC it. Ya know, sometimes you just have to say "MOC it"... lol
jedi_master_sal

Postby Flesh Skywalker » Tue Jan 19, 2010 8:45 am

Andi wrote:No one knows anything about the Landspeeder here in Germany.
They only know that very many people want it.
It is still not listed at Shop at home (despite being in the January catalog) and in the Lego Store they told me today, that they hope to know a little bit more in early February.

After reviewing the Paris Peace Treaties of 1947, I did find that the Landspeder redesign would be prohibited in Germany. :lol:
Flesh Skywalker

Postby roflfant » Thu Jan 21, 2010 7:51 am

Found the LE SW 8091 Republic Swamp Speeder at the Oakville, ON, Canada TRU - 39.99.
roflfant

Postby Jabba the Taff » Sat Jan 23, 2010 8:28 am

I hope UK stuff is going in here too.

The new Argos catalogue is out. Lots of new sets in there including:

There are some new soft toys available as of today. £14.99

There are new Lego Games available too. Pirate Plank and Shave A Sheep. Neither of these are available at shop@home yet. £9.99 and £7.99 respectively.

And the new Farm pig sty set. £24.99

Edit: Just been over to Brickset and they say the other two games UFO Attack and Magma Monster are available too. Didn't notice them in my catalogue! :x
Jabba the Taff

Postby bvvshop » Thu Mar 11, 2010 5:24 pm

Amazon.com Marketplace

Lego Power Miners Lavatraz 8191
Lego Power Miners Claw Catcher 8190
Lego City Helicopter and Limo 3222
Lego City Tank Truck 3180
bvvshop

Postby Robzula » Fri Mar 19, 2010 10:20 pm

At work today, a friend told me K-Mart had three of the Prince of Persia sets out, the only one he could remember was the Ostrich Race.
Robzula
Staff Writer

Postby Morgan19 » Sat Mar 20, 2010 8:36 am

I checked two Kmarts in the area and neither had any PoP sets.

I actually did find the $10 one at TRU and was about to check out with it, when a sales rep saw it in my cart, told me they're not allowed to sell them until April 1st, and took it back. D'oh. Apparently they'd had an entire endcap set up a couple days ago but took it all down when someone came in and tried to buy a few. Not sure why they had it up in the first place if they knew they weren't supposed to sell them, but hey...

So unless your store's being all renegade-like and you're interested in PoP, it sounds like April 1st is the date to watch out for (at TRUs, anyway).

m19
Morgan19

Postby hatcher » Tue Mar 23, 2010 10:14 am

Found 2 of the Prince of Persia sets at Toys R Us in Barrie (Canada). They had the Battle of Alamut for 109.99 (which is the same as shop at home) and the Battle Against Time for 74.99 (a five dollar mark up against shop at home.) The Battle of Alamut looks very nice and has some interesting minifigs. I must say though, that Princess Tamina bears a striking resemblance to Mon Montha. Seperated at birth maybe? ;)
There are 10 kinds of people in the world, those who can understand binary, and those that can't.
"None of you understand. I'm not locked up in here with you, you are locked up in here with me!" - Rorshach, Watchmen.
hatcher

Postby DrippingWaters » Thu Mar 25, 2010 7:16 am

hatcher wrote: must say though, that Princess Tamina bears a striking resemblance to Mon Montha. Seperated at birth maybe? ;)

I noticed that too, very much so.
"I still got it!" - Ralph Malph, Happy Days
DrippingWaters

Postby Morgan19 » Fri Mar 26, 2010 12:32 pm

How about "New Sets Spotted And Then Taken Away"? ;)

This is redonkulous now. First I get shafted at TRU because they put the PoP sets out early, then today I find a few of the small PoP sets just sitting on the shelves at Kmart just like all the other regular LEGO sets. They price checked fine, but when went to check out the cashier tells me it's not past the street date for them and takes them back.

Gyaah!

m19
Morgan19

Postby Darth Sillyus » Wed Mar 31, 2010 9:36 pm

Found the 2 smallest Prince of Persia sets (7569 Desert Attack & 7570 Ostrich Race) at Zellers in Toronto (Canada). None of the price checkers were working ( :roll: ) and i wasn't purchasing either so i don't have price information.

Pretty cool figs & some interesting parts in interesting new colours.
Former FBTB Forums Co-Mayor
FBTB Forums Member since '02
Founder of The M.B.o.C.L.H.
Darth Sillyus

Previous

Return to Finds/Deals