Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

StarWarsShop Turbo Tuesday-25% off sale ends 11/11 11:59 PST

Post your sales news here. Open forum. No Special Access Required!

StarWarsShop Turbo Tuesday-25% off sale ends 11/11 11:59 PST

Postby UOldPirate » Tue Nov 10, 2009 7:14 pm

StarWarsShop.com is offering 25% off all in-stock products from now until Wednesday Nov. 11 11:59 PST. The discounted price shows up on the final step of the order process. The sale includes Lego products and even appears to be 25% off the price of previously discounted prices. For example, the 7676-Republic Attack Gunship is already discounted to $99.99 and with the Turbo Tuesday sale, they take off an additional $25.00. They do have the UCS Falcon in stock too and it would be discounted to $125, but shipping is $50.00 even though the thumbnail image advertises Penny Shipping.

More information regarding the sale can be found at starwarsshop.com then clicking on the adImage . Good hunting!
Last edited by onions on Wed Nov 11, 2009 12:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: added fbtb's referral link
UOldPirate

Re: StarWarsShop Turbo Tuesday-25% off sale ends 11/11 11:59 PST

Postby BlueDragonZ » Wed Nov 11, 2009 12:17 am

I tried adding the republic gunship to my cart and it says "Sorry, an error occurred with the item you have chosen, we cannot add it to your cart." Despite the fact it says In stock.

And this item can only be found by typing the exact wording or clicking the LEGO catergory. If you just type in lego, you can't find it.
BlueDragonZ

Postby ricefields » Wed Nov 11, 2009 1:35 am

BlueDragonZ wrote:I tried adding the republic gunship to my cart and it says "Sorry, an error occurred with the item you have chosen, we cannot add it to your cart." Despite the fact it says In stock.

And this item can only be found by typing the exact wording or clicking the LEGO catergory. If you just type in lego, you can't find it.

I had the gunship successfully in my cart as of 2am then I was playing around with different combinations of sets to check out shipping to us vs shipping to canada and then could not located it to put it back in my cart - looks like it got sold out.

shipping to canada kills any savings from the sale for any of the lego sets so only worth it if shipping within US. Savings to US buyers amount to about 30% off (between $85-90) with all discounts and shipping costs included.

also, can use ebates to get 3% off and if you're a hyperspace member, there is an online code for $5 off.
ricefields

Postby GIR3691 » Wed Nov 11, 2009 7:53 am

Thought about getting Endor Bunker, but 25% off is $75 + $12 shipping = $86, which is only 14% off. :roll: That shipping's a real deal-breaker.
>>[email protected] <<
GIR3691
Staff Writer

Postby UOldPirate » Wed Nov 11, 2009 8:36 am

Yeah, the shipping costs are kinda rough. However if you live in a state where you have to pay sales tax on Amazon.com orders, the deals are slightly more attractive since StarWarShop.com does not charge sales tax.

For those interested in the UCS Falcon, as of 10:30 am EST, StarWarsShop only has 2 left in stock. I pulled the trigger and got one betting there won't be enough of them left to justify deeper discounts during the holidays. We'll see how that works out.
Last edited by UOldPirate on Wed Nov 11, 2009 10:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
UOldPirate

Postby BrickSith206 » Wed Nov 11, 2009 9:35 am

There are some sweet deals to be had. Shipping is a monster though, I spent a little time with their shopping cart and have determined shipping will be 10% of whatever your purchase amount is (pre discount price). I think someone already said it, so with shipping it essentially comes out to 15% off the items.
Do something.
BrickSith206

Postby BlueDragonZ » Wed Nov 11, 2009 12:44 pm

ricefields wrote:shipping to canada kills any savings from the sale for any of the lego sets so only worth it if shipping within US. Savings to US buyers amount to about 30% off (between $85-90) with all discounts and shipping costs included.

I tottally agree with you. Their shipping charges are like charges that indiviuduals use to ship and cost even more than that. They are a "Company" and should have big discount on shipping like TLG, walmart, etc. The shipping is just ridiclous. Kind of obvious they want to pocket all that money. OR its just so they can sell more products to US instead of international.

Anyways the link for shipping charges is here.

Its around 25-75% of order value for shipping charges to Canada. 25% is when you spend $200 or more. So the 25% offer basically just gives us Canadians free shipping. Dont' forget that we have to convert the currency $1 USD = $1.05 CAD. Then we have to pay duties & taxes & customs. So its basically ordering at retail USD pricing plus customs taxes.

And guess what ? internationl charges are like 50-200% of order value for shipping charges !
For ex, ordering a indy ambush in cario for $15 cost $29 of shipping to international...(this i can ship for less than $10 by Canada Post using small packet surface.
BlueDragonZ

Postby SWLegoFanatic » Thu Nov 19, 2009 9:48 am

I hemmed a hawed about the UCS Falcon and ended up losing out on getting it. However, I got the Yoda vs. Palpatine Kotobukiya for a little over $100...it too was also marked as "penny shipping" and I realized you had to set the shipping method to the method they list for "penny shipping". So, the default shipping that was set was not the "penny shipping" option. Once I changed it to Ground, it changed the shipping to $.01...

I am kicking myself because I suspect that the UCS also had the same issue...where you had to change the shipping method to match the method they listed as "penny shipping" on the item page...which would have a meant a true $125 discount INCLUDING SHIPPING...errrrr
SWLegoFanatic

Return to Finds/Deals