Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

Minis spotted in Target holiday section again.

Post your sales news here. Open forum. No Special Access Required!

Minis spotted in Target holiday section again.

Postby Solo » Tue Nov 10, 2009 12:06 pm

Pretty self explanatory. New version Tie Fighter and GG's Starfighter. Nice little stocking stuffers or parts packs if they hit clearance.
                                                                                                                           Image
Solo

Re: Minis spotted in Target holiday section again.

Postby buhs » Tue Nov 10, 2009 1:35 pm

Thanks... this posting brings up an issue I've had for some time. As a "completist" I find it annoying that these mini sets aren't offered for sale at Canadian retailers, and they aren't available for sale at the Canadian LEGO S@H.

Question 1: does anyone know why these sets aren't available through the Canadian LEGO S@H (with the current exection of the V19)? Other exclusives are available at retail and S@H (i.e. Target exclusives are usually available through Zellers)

Question 2: does anyone know of a Canadian retailer/source where the mini sets can be purchased (at MSRP... not the scalpers I'm usually forced to buy through on brick link etc. on the net)?

Thanks for any help...
buhs

Postby Morgan19 » Tue Nov 10, 2009 6:08 pm

No sign of them here; the holiday aisle just had those small Creator sets and a couple polybagged Racers.

m19
Morgan19

Postby ccandgc » Tue Nov 10, 2009 6:16 pm

I got 2 today, GG and the tie....my son already had the torrent. Excellent stocking stuffers!!

chad
-Chad
ccandgc

Postby Firespray » Tue Nov 10, 2009 6:32 pm

Time to go digging through couch cushions for spare change...
Firespray

Postby irmasturcheeflol » Tue Nov 10, 2009 7:54 pm

so... these are a whole $ more than the power miners just because they are star wars. I don't have the tie though so w00t
Series 1: Cowboy, Indian, Clown, Diver, Spaceman, Zombie, Robot, Forestman, Skater.
irmasturcheeflol

Postby Solo » Wed Nov 11, 2009 12:24 am

These also have more parts than the PM impulse sets.
                                                                                                                           Image
Solo

Postby tinycheeseburger » Wed Nov 11, 2009 9:26 am

Acutally, over here in GB these sets have been out in a offer by one of our leading newspapers XD , although unless you took part in the offer, you can not buy them over here..... YET. >:(
TCB
tinycheeseburger

Postby liquidcross » Wed Nov 11, 2009 9:59 am

I gotta try to find the TIE this weekend.
(and don't forget Text and Violence)
liquidcross

Postby solo606 » Wed Nov 11, 2009 11:31 am

I saw them today as well, aslo my Target had the mini Torrent and a Racers poly bag.

solo606

Postby BlueDragonZ » Wed Nov 11, 2009 12:51 pm

buhs wrote:Thanks... this posting brings up an issue I've had for some time. As a "completist" I find it annoying that these mini sets aren't offered for sale at Canadian retailers, and they aren't available for sale at the Canadian LEGO S@H.

Question 1: does anyone know why these sets aren't available through the Canadian LEGO S@H (with the current exection of the V19)? Other exclusives are available at retail and S@H (i.e. Target exclusives are usually available through Zellers)

Question 2: does anyone know of a Canadian retailer/source where the mini sets can be purchased (at MSRP... not the scalpers I'm usually forced to buy through on brick link etc. on the net)?

Thanks for any help...

I too find it annoying not being able to buy any from canada retaileres. From what i see, Zellers doesn't carry any of those "promotional" lego products. But they carry the exclusives sets like target such as the pirate tank & republic fighter tank. For your other question, i don't think you can buy them at MSRP cause no one even offers them here. Only one is the mini v-19...

They should really do a brickmaster magazine here in canada as well considering we're just next to US. But i think they are having some trouble shipping the mini sets as it cost too much.
BlueDragonZ

Postby ricefields » Wed Nov 11, 2009 12:56 pm

Also look out for them in the B/S/T forum as members will offer them for sale. I bought 4 target minis off ACE and he sold them at approx retail price plus a nominal amount for shipping to canada since its very cheap to ship from US to Can via usps first class mail. Does not hurt to ask a member to help especially those that report the sales/finds in the US, isn't this what this forum is all about, members helping members?
ricefields

Postby BlueDragonZ » Wed Nov 11, 2009 1:08 pm

Just sent you a PM with the gunship and the minis if you have them by any chance.
BlueDragonZ

Postby RocketClone » Wed Nov 11, 2009 3:13 pm

Such a darn shame the SW mirror impluses arent available there. :(
(Insert funny sig later)
RocketClone

Postby BlueDragonZ » Thu Nov 12, 2009 11:04 am

Solo wrote:Image
Pretty self explanatory. New version Tie Fighter and GG's Starfighter. Nice little stocking stuffers or parts packs if they hit clearance.

Hey i was wondering would you be buying these at Target and then selling them on fbtb? I can't get them here in Canada. I'm willing to pay a reasonable price and also have a few SW stuff for trade. Thanks.
BlueDragonZ

Postby onions » Thu Nov 12, 2009 1:07 pm

each mini shipped to canada would cost a little less than $7 dollars. $4 and some change for the set, $1 and some change or the padded mailer, and postage at $1 and some change. not sure if it's worth it for the canucks. if its, post here and i'll see what i can do to help out.
onions
Damp Noodle

Postby ricefields » Thu Nov 12, 2009 4:57 pm

Onions, I bought 4 minis from you earlier this year which you purchased from target and then shipped to canada. And the end price was reasonable. If you have the correspondence from our transaction before, and that same price is still reasonable for you, you can use that as a guide for those interested in shipping to canada.
ricefields

Postby Alpha 40 » Thu Nov 12, 2009 5:53 pm

The packaging is different on the new sets. The GG starfighter package is larger and there is a lego club symbol on the back of it and the torrent that were not there during easter.
Alpha 40

Postby onions » Fri Nov 13, 2009 1:21 am

ricefields wrote:Onions, I bought 4 minis from you earlier this year which you purchased from target and then shipped to canada. And the end price was reasonable. If you have the correspondence from our transaction before, and that same price is still reasonable for you, you can use that as a guide for those interested in shipping to canada.

I remember, I think i lost a little on each sale haha oh well. i just bought a few, so i'm pretty sure my estimate is spot on, ~$7 shipped for one, add $4 and some change for each additional one. like the easter minis, i wouldn't be charging anything nominal on top, just selling at cost. i guess i'll see how many i can round up tomorrow and then post a for-sale message.
onions
Damp Noodle

Postby Iare Tosevite » Sat Nov 14, 2009 12:00 pm

I bought and built mini tie. It was fun build. :)
Where, where, where is correct way out?
Iare Tosevite

Next

Return to Finds/Deals