Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

15% Off LEGO Coupon For TRU Plus Free LEGO Bag

Post your sales news here. Open forum. No Special Access Required!

15% Off LEGO Coupon For TRU Plus Free LEGO Bag

Postby Staff » Sun Oct 25, 2009 2:15 pm

I found a 15% off all LEGO coupon online today. The catch is that LEGO Star Wars is not included in the offer, but that shouldn't stop you from picking up some LEGO Indiana Jones sets. See what I did there? Coupon is good from October 25th through October 31st.

Also, this is the last week for their Bricktober promotion. In addition to the last Duplo brick, if you spend $30 or more you get a LEGO Carrying Case. I don't have a picture of said case, but it looks like a reusable tote bag. Supplies are limited obviously, so get thee to a nunnery TRU!

Update: Thanks to Morgan19 from our forums, he's linked to a picture of the tote bag, taken by Reasonably Clever Chris:

Note: You're looking the tote bag top down as it is lying on it side.
---
Permalink: http://www.fbtb.net/2009/10/25/15-off-lego-coupon-for-tru-plus-free-lego-bag/
Staff

Re: 15% Off LEGO Coupon For TRU Plus Free LEGO Bag

Postby Morgan19 » Sun Oct 25, 2009 2:53 pm

Here's a picture of the totebag.

m19
Morgan19

Postby onions » Mon Oct 26, 2009 7:47 am

idiot me forgot to swing by customer service to pick up my brick. sigh.
onions
Damp Noodle

Postby Obi-Wan Skywalker » Mon Oct 26, 2009 9:04 am

I so want that bag
Quoting Firespray
There is no Ace, The Ace is a lie.

My flickr... http://www.flickr.com/photos/42848399@N03/
Obi-Wan Skywalker

Postby banthafodder » Mon Oct 26, 2009 5:03 pm

I went and got the bag today. It was a lot smaller than I expected but still pretty cool. I didn't know they were doing the brick thing this month but fortunately they had all of them there and they gave me the whole set. Pleased with that. However I tried to use the coupon and the store wouldn't let it go through. Please let me know if anyone else had a similar experience with the coupon.
banthafodder

Postby onions » Mon Oct 26, 2009 5:13 pm

it won't work for lego star wars; it should have worked for all other themes. were you trying to buy lego star wars?
onions
Damp Noodle

Postby banthafodder » Mon Oct 26, 2009 6:38 pm

No, I bought an Indy set.
banthafodder

Postby roscannon » Mon Oct 26, 2009 8:01 pm

I went to TRU this evening to pick up a Star Wars set and the bag for my son. I was told by an employee that I must purchase a set that forms an actual building in order to receive the bag. I can't find this info anywhere on the TRU site. Can you tell me if what set you bought to get the bag? Thanks!
roscannon

Postby onions » Mon Oct 26, 2009 8:05 pm

That employee obviously didn't know what they were talking about. I bought the rescue helicopter set. When you check out they scan the bag and it comes up as $19.99 but will be discounted -$19.99 when you're ready to pay.
onions
Damp Noodle

Postby johan » Mon Oct 26, 2009 8:16 pm

AHAHAHA different stories. maybe she didn't knew what was discounted and what the bag was for. you should have asked other sales lady.
johan

Postby banthafodder » Mon Oct 26, 2009 8:40 pm

roscannon wrote:I went to TRU this evening to pick up a Star Wars set and the bag for my son. I was told by an employee that I must purchase a set that forms an actual building in order to receive the bag.

I went to a store in California and there were signs all over the Lego aisle and even at the register that stated that if you bought $30 worth of Lego you got a free bag. No limitations as to which set you bought.
banthafodder

Postby roscannon » Mon Oct 26, 2009 9:08 pm

banthafodder wrote:
roscannon wrote:I went to TRU this evening to pick up a Star Wars set and the bag for my son. I was told by an employee that I must purchase a set that forms an actual building in order to receive the bag.

I went to a store in California and there were signs all over the Lego aisle and even at the register that stated that if you bought $30 worth of Lego you got a free bag. No limitations as to which set you bought.

That was the point I was trying to make with the employee however she was focused on the word "Building" on the fifty little cards taped to the shelves. I might have to head to a different TRU. Thanks!
roscannon

Postby GrayMattR » Thu Oct 29, 2009 4:36 pm

Thanks for sharing this coupon. I hope some people can use it. I didn't get the bag because they were out. I got the Duplo brick for what it's worth.

I'm pretty sure this has been my last purchase of Lego from Toys R Us. TRU's prices are higher than MSRP for every set they carry except their exclusives which are already priced higher than a comparably sized set. Many sets are priced higher in the store than on the website. Why would I pay more for any set that I can get from another store for the same price? If there's a set I want that isn't available anywhere other than TRU, I'll order it from Lego.com and pay the same amount with shipping than I would if I were to buy it at TRU's inflated prices. The only way they're going to get me back in the store is when they have their buy 2 get one sale -- which I haven't even used in the last 18 months because they're out of stock of most sets the first day of the sale.
GrayMattR

Postby onions » Thu Oct 29, 2009 5:03 pm

i know what you mean. i hardly buy anything from tru because of their markup. the only set i can remember off the top of my head that is msrp is the power miners boulder blaster ($26.99) which is amazing because it's a tru exclusive, and a great value for the set, and pretty much a kickass set to begin with. one of the biggest offenses of their markup is the agents robo attack set, at 20% above msrp ($59.99 vs $49.99).

scratch that, power miners crystal king is the worst at +25% ($24.99 vs. $19.99)
onions
Damp Noodle

Postby preterosso » Fri Oct 30, 2009 6:32 am

How about Ambush in Cairo for 36% ($14.99 vs. $10.99) over MSRP? ;)

Gougers. . . .
_______
Just Phil
preterosso

Return to Finds/Deals