Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

Importing Pirate Advent Calender!

Post your sales news here. Open forum. No Special Access Required!

Importing Pirate Advent Calender!

Postby BrickSith206 » Wed Sep 16, 2009 11:04 am

I wont bore everyone with the details. I'm not relying on LEGO to find one pallet in a warehouse somewhere this year for a product that should have been made available here to begin with. I'm clearly bringing them in myself.

I'm happily disclosing that they are going to cost me roughly $40 per box to get them into the country. Obviously, I think I deserve something for the effort and connections, so I'm thinking $50.

I'm not looking to do any pre-orders or anything like that, I have no problems plunking down the cash to get them here. Just trying to get a pulse for the demand. If people waffle or flake out, no worries, I'll unload them on Bricklink.

MODS: If this post is offensive, violates terms, or if my action is too bold, then please delete the thread. :)
Do something.
BrickSith206

Re: Importing Pirate Advent Calender!

Postby MShiels » Wed Sep 16, 2009 3:09 pm

And for anyone in the Mississauga ON Canada area, you can head to Lasting Toys, since we too have imported some, but we probably will reserve them only for instore sales since I didn't get that many of them. And this way I am not stealing any thunder from your sales either!! We still have some of the Castle Advent from last year, and this years City one, so that probably puts us at about 8 advent calendars available

2 Clikits for the girls
current pirate/city
last years castle/city
prior years city, and I think we go back one more in city as well.

Can't wait for the rest of the this years 'christmas' oriented stuff, the toy shop etc!!!
ImageIf near Mississauga, come visit us at 2410 Dunwin Drive, Unit 5 - your local Ontario LEGO only store - TRUly the largest selection of LEGO around
And out Bricklink store is http://Shop.LastingToys.Com
MShiels

Postby Prince Kahuka » Wed Sep 16, 2009 8:11 pm

$50 is more than I'm comfortable spending on this set, even though I really want it. I was able to buy last year's Castle Advent Calendar from a reputable BrickLink seller for $24.95 + $8.30 shipping (deboxed). The day after I placed the order LEGO announced the limited availability by phone, and I picked up two more at $29.99 ea. + $8.95 total shipping. I'm holding out hope LEGO will come through again for U.S. FOLs, but if I can't get this for MSRP + reasonable shipping I'm prepared to miss out.
Prince Kahuka

Postby MShiels » Wed Sep 16, 2009 8:24 pm

Well I know the city advent calendar has a 40 CAD MSRP (around 36 USD right now) and we'll have them at the store for 50 CAD which is not bad. But yes it seems the advent calendar jumps 5$ CAD every year, ouCH!!!
ImageIf near Mississauga, come visit us at 2410 Dunwin Drive, Unit 5 - your local Ontario LEGO only store - TRUly the largest selection of LEGO around
And out Bricklink store is http://Shop.LastingToys.Com
MShiels

Postby RocketClone » Thu Sep 17, 2009 3:24 pm

Even though they are not "Techincially" being available in thes LEGO stores in the USA i guess that EBs pition worked!(either that or solo strangled someone :p)
(Insert funny sig later)
RocketClone

Postby GIR3691 » Thu Sep 17, 2009 3:49 pm

Uh... what?
>>[email protected] <<
GIR3691
Staff Writer

Postby Solo » Thu Sep 17, 2009 4:25 pm

I'm not sure what Rocketclone is on about, but here's the real scoop.
                                                                                                                           Image
Solo

Postby Seasian » Thu Sep 17, 2009 7:04 pm

How much would shipping on one be? Id definately be interested if you take MOs.
Seasian

Postby BrickSith206 » Thu Sep 17, 2009 7:18 pm

They weigh a little under 1 lb each, once packaged they'll be close to 2 lbs. Priority Mail around the west coast for 2lbs is $6.67, if it needs to go to middle america or the east coast Priority Mail shipping is $8.30. Yes, parcel post is an option for .02 cheaper.

I'll have a few set aside for various people from the boards who claim they want one, but otherwise they'll be available in my Bricklink store. They'll be in my hands in just a few days.
Do something.
BrickSith206

Postby meeotch » Thu Sep 17, 2009 8:50 pm

I could care less about getting one for myself, but as chance would have it, a dear friend of mine right near you in Seattle (who's not really a FOL like folks around here are) was bummed to hear they were only available in Europe. I told him I'd keep my ear to the ground and keep him abreast of unfolding details. I'm not sure if 50 bucks is too rich for his blood, but I'll certainly pass the link here on to him and see about taking at least one off your hands.
"Always carefully check the source of your internet quotes" - Abraham Lincoln
meeotch

Postby RocketClone » Fri Sep 18, 2009 7:52 pm

GIR3691 wrote:Uh... what?

Er...sorry something got mixed up. :x
(Insert funny sig later)
RocketClone

Return to Finds/Deals