Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

[UK] Boots 3 for 2 on Toys

Post your sales news here. Open forum. No Special Access Required!

[UK] Boots 3 for 2 on Toys

Postby bigospedros » Wed Sep 16, 2009 7:15 am

Boots and Boots.com have 3 for 2 on toys at the moment, including Lego. They don't have all of the sets from the current line, but quite a few so you can make the most of it.

If you have an Advantage Card then you can also enter code TLAJ46 during the order process and that will gain you an extra 500 points, which is worth £5, if your total order is over £50.

Delivery is free on orders over £45.

I've ordered a Temple Of Doom set and 2 Y-Wings (one to sell later). The points I earnt will be put towards buying the Indy Venice Chase set, I suspect :D
bigospedros
Staff Writer

Re: [UK] Boots 3 for 2 on Toys

Postby graemeozzel » Wed Sep 16, 2009 8:23 am

Thanks for this, Have you ordered from boots before? I heard a number of bad storys about the state of the boxes when they arrive?
graemeozzel

Postby bigospedros » Wed Sep 16, 2009 10:47 am

graemeozzel wrote:Thanks for this, Have you ordered from boots before? I heard a number of bad storys about the state of the boxes when they arrive?

I have yes ... I believe they just use bags rather than boxes for delivery, but I didn't have any great issues with the last lot I ordered.

You could always have them shipped to a store instead?
bigospedros
Staff Writer

Postby Jabba the Taff » Thu Sep 17, 2009 1:36 pm

Cheers for the heads up. 3.5% cashback if you go through giveortake.org as well.
Jabba the Taff

Postby bigospedros » Fri Sep 18, 2009 7:55 am

bigospedros wrote:
graemeozzel wrote:Thanks for this, Have you ordered from boots before? I heard a number of bad storys about the state of the boxes when they arrive?

I have yes ... I believe they just use bags rather than boxes for delivery, but I didn't have any great issues with the last lot I ordered.

I'm pleased to report that I was wrong ... they've clearly improved their packaging, as my order arrived today, with the sets packed into large cardboard boxes, with lots of paper packaging, so the sets arrived in mint condition :D

Now, to wait a few days for my advantage points to come through and I can make a 2nd order :D
bigospedros
Staff Writer

Postby drdavewatford » Sun Sep 20, 2009 12:18 pm

Sorry, Bigospedros - don't think you can spend those Advantage points online, so time to find a large Boots store with some Lego in stock !

Thanks for the tips, anyway, including the promotional code - I just ordered my "3 for 2" and got 500 extra points.

Let's just hope the sets arrive in one piece........

Dr. D.
Love Lego ? Visit my blog at http://www.gimmelego.blogspot.com
drdavewatford

Postby bigospedros » Sun Sep 20, 2009 12:58 pm

drdavewatford wrote:Sorry, Bigospedros - don't think you can spend those Advantage points online, so time to find a large Boots store with some Lego in stock !

Thanks for the tips, anyway, including the promotional code - I just ordered my "3 for 2" and got 500 extra points.

Let's just hope the sets arrive in one piece........

Dr. D.

I know you can't spend the points online, but you can go into a Boots store and make an order for anything that's available online and use your points to make that purchase ;)

My sets arrived in perfect condition as they were in boxes this time rather than just plastic bags.
bigospedros
Staff Writer

Postby Jabba the Taff » Sun Sep 20, 2009 1:55 pm

This is turning into an expensive weekend!! Two lots of 3for2s! Thanks for the heads up about the offer and being able to order in store to use the Advantage card points.

I've had my order sent to store, so I hope they put the boxes in one of those plastic crates or something protective.
Jabba the Taff

Postby Jabba the Taff » Mon Sep 21, 2009 9:17 am

Picked up my first order today. All boxes were in perfect condition. I did feel sorry for the poor girl carrying the massive box from out the back!
Jabba the Taff

Postby bigospedros » Tue Sep 22, 2009 6:12 am

2nd order was made today ...

Venice Canal Chase
Corporate Alliance Tank Droid
Chauchilla Cemetary Battle

Courtesy of the Boots 3 for 2 deal, so £18.99 saved.

And then I spend £20 of Advantange Points, gained via the same deal (and the same deal this time last year!), to buy 3 Clone Battle Packs, for free, via an in-store order.

NB : You can only use your Advantage Points if you have more than the total order ... you can't use it as a money off on the 3 for 2 deal.
bigospedros
Staff Writer

Postby drdavewatford » Wed Sep 23, 2009 9:11 am

Cheers, guys - another satisfied customer here too.

Anakin's Y-Wing, Separatist shuttle and Chauchilla Cemetary Battle arrived today in perfect condition and less than 72 hours after I ordered them. Chauchilla Cemetary Battle was free, as was delivery, and I got more than 800 Advantge points as well thanks to the promo code, which is more than 8 quid off future purchases.

It's just a shame that Boots don't have the bigger new sets, i.e. Venator, Tantive IV, Dropship etc. - I'd definitely do a 3 for 2 on those with Boots if they were available there.

Still, I can wholeheartedly recommend Boots during this 3 for 2 - great value and fast service.

Dr. D.
drdavewatford

Return to Finds/Deals