Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

Tesco's selling tie fighter 8028

Post your sales news here. Open forum. No Special Access Required!

Tesco's selling tie fighter 8028

Postby graemeozzel » Mon Sep 14, 2009 1:36 pm

I have just been into my local Tesco's and noticed them selling the Tie Fighter Promo set 8028 for £2.50. I think this is a bit cheeky selling promo's, especially from a major store like Tesco's. :S
graemeozzel

Re: Tesco's selling tie fighter 8028

Postby bigospedros » Mon Sep 14, 2009 4:36 pm

they were on sale there before the Mirror promo came out, so there's no foul play here.
bigospedros
Staff Writer

Postby graemeozzel » Tue Sep 15, 2009 5:07 am

I still think it's a bit naughty selling promo sets! I wonder if they got them in for a give away, and thought stuff lets sell them!!

I only went in as my mate had told me they had reduced the Mid scale falcon by £10, thought I would get a bargain! How wrong was I, cant believe they original had that up for £39.99, Bigospedros do you think it's worth waiting on the Mid Scale Falcon for the next sale? I missed out on the last Tesco exclusive (The Republic Tank) and had to get it from e-bay!as I waited for a sale that never happened!!
graemeozzel

Postby drdavewatford » Tue Sep 15, 2009 6:14 am

My tip : you can NEVER guarantee that a set you really want will eventually be discounted, so if you want it you've just got to stump up......

I fell into the same trap with the Republic Fighter Tank and also had to buy one from eBay when they sold out everywhere. Never again.

Dr. D.
Love Lego ? Visit my blog at http://www.gimmelego.blogspot.com
drdavewatford

Postby MrCRskater » Tue Sep 15, 2009 6:49 am

Does this mean they could possibly be releasing the recent mini Snowspeeder for retail, too?
MrCRskater
Staff Writer

Postby graemeozzel » Tue Sep 15, 2009 7:19 am

drdavewatford wrote:My tip : you can NEVER guarantee that a set you really want will eventually be discounted, so if you want it you've just got to stump up......

I fell into the same trap with the Republic Fighter Tank and also had to buy one from eBay when they sold out everywhere. Never again.

Dr. D.

That's the problem! I like that set but is it worth £29.99?
graemeozzel

Postby Jabba the Taff » Tue Sep 15, 2009 8:09 am

It's worth whatever you're willing to pay for it. I've got sets I'll pay full price for, sets I'll wait for some sort of discount, and sets that I'll only buy if they're on a super sale.
Jabba the Taff

Postby Solo » Tue Sep 15, 2009 9:10 am

graemeozzel wrote:I have just been into my local Tesco's and noticed them selling the Tie Fighter Promo set 8028 for £2.50. I think this is a bit cheeky selling promo's, especially from a major store like Tesco's. :S

That is a lot more common than you think.
                                                                                                                           Image
Solo

Postby bigospedros » Tue Sep 15, 2009 11:13 am

I complained to Tesco when they first listed it at £39.99 given that Lego had it on S@H for £10 less. I didn't get a very favourable response.

The £10 off didn't help either as it's no cheaper than S@H or the Brand Stores. I'd only be tempted to get it from Tesco if I can use my Clubcard vouchers.

I'm inclined to think it won't get much cheaper though.
bigospedros
Staff Writer

Postby drdavewatford » Tue Sep 15, 2009 4:27 pm

Having said that you can never predict which sets will be discounted, I have to admit I called it right on the Twilight and the Rogue Shadow and ended up getting them on the cheap when the prices were halved at the Milton Keynes Lego Store. I wouldn't imagine that the midi Millenium Falcon will be selling at a discount anytime soon, however.

Dr. D.
Love Lego ? Visit my blog at http://www.gimmelego.blogspot.com
drdavewatford

Postby graemeozzel » Wed Sep 16, 2009 3:48 am

I think I will leave the Mid Scale Falcon for a while at least as I have just ordered the Tantive IV (which I think is not bad value for money). I will just have to keep an eye out for a Tesco's sale, although it may be like last time with the Republic Tank, when Tesco's had a sale no stores had them in stock, funny that the day after the sale ended they appeared, as you can tell I'm not a big fan of Tesco's!!!
graemeozzel

Return to Finds/Deals