Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

[UK] Daily Mirror Star Wars Lego Giveaway!!!

Post your sales news here. Open forum. No Special Access Required!

[UK] Daily Mirror Star Wars Lego Giveaway!!!

Postby The Master » Fri Sep 04, 2009 12:54 pm

The Mirror are doing another Lego giveaway! This time it's going to be Star Wars Lego!!! The promotion starts tomorrow and will run for 9 days!

The List
Saturday 5th: Imperial Speeder Bike
Sunday 6th: Clone Walker
Monday 7th: Mini Tie Fighter
Tuesday 8th: Battle Droid on STAP
Wednesday 9th: Mini V-19 Torrent
Thursday 10th: General Grievous' Starfighter
Friday 11th: Collector's Box
Saturday 12th: Minifigs Poster
Sunday 13th: Sticker Sheet

See it here:
Frontpage - http://www.mirror.co.uk/lego/
The Loot - http://www.mirror.co.uk/lego/toys/
:)
The Master

Re: [UK] Daily Mirror Star Wars Lego Giveaway!!!

Postby Mister Ed » Fri Sep 04, 2009 1:59 pm

That is an amazing promotion. Wish they did it with my local paper.
Mister Ed

Postby bluemoose » Sat Sep 05, 2009 4:09 am

Piccies of the first set online here -

Click on each for bigger versions

Ian
bluemoose

Postby Joedward » Sat Sep 05, 2009 4:36 pm

I forgot to pick myself up a copy, are they doing what they did last time; where you can send off for them?
~Ed
(that's Mr. Ed to you)

(T!!!!!!!T=:|[\########################################
Joedward

Postby bluemoose » Sun Sep 06, 2009 12:26 am

Joedward wrote:I forgot to pick myself up a copy, are they doing what they did last time; where you can send off for them?

For the mail-in offer you need to collect 5 different vouchers (from 5 different days) & send them off with £5.99; they haven't published the address to send them to yet - they've said they'll print it next week.

Ian
bluemoose

Postby The Master » Sun Sep 06, 2009 12:34 am

Yes they are. Collect the tokens, send them away at the end of the week and get the sets from (what I've heard to be) reserved stock in a warehouse.

I have a guilty conscience this morning but I think I'm in the clear really. Yesterday, I went into a very busy WHSmiths and attempted to buy a paper for the Imperial Speeder Bike. To my horror, there was a blatant Ebay scalper a few places in front with 5 NEWSPAPERS! I was shocked to see this. There were a load of little kids there with their parents, buying their one little Speeder Bike to go in their collection with a cool little Stormtrooper and then this total tosspot had decided to come along and buy a whole patrols worth of them! I was filled with hatred and loathing as I saw the fat man in his blue polo shirt collect the 5 Speeder Bikes from the lad behind the counter. The till boy should've said "One per customer".

As he left, and I bought my newspaper and got my mini Speeder Bike - Smiths ran out of them. On another till, a kid (about 8 years old) with his mum was told they had no more free Star Wars sets and it was at this point that I had finally had enough. >:( I offered the kid my mini Speeder Bike and when asked if I was sure (by his mum) I said it was fine and that I could get it by other means (which was a small lie as I had no other places to go to acquire this cool set). The look on his face was of happiness and it harked back to my younger years when I first got "Imperial Inspection". Remember that awesome set? :cool: This kid was going to have so much fun with this small set and that was a brilliant to know. :)

Anyway, back to the present. Having pleased the kid, I decided to go hunting (and it wasn't going to be hard). Fatman had got to the top of the street on which WHSmiths is located and I quickly caught up with him. Then, I unleashed the anger of every Lego fan to have ever fallen victim to Ebay Scumbags. I got his attention with an "Oi!" and then laid into him. Oh it was brilliant. Humiliation on the high street in front of the public. >:)

"Why buy 5 newspapers for Lego toys you're never gonna use? Do you realise how many kids you've disappointed today?", "Why don't you get a proper job yeah mate?", "You're gonna sell these for £5 a go on Ebay aren't you?", "People like you (Ebay Scalpers is what you're called) exploit Lego fans and you're all a bunch of......."

Yep, if FBTB was only for the 18+, there would be a few rude words there. And boy, did fatman get them from me. >8(

His defence was pathetic (he was clearly shocked at the assault I had just delivered) and he was keen to get away so as to avoid further attention. You know what his excuse was? "Oi, if I want to buy these things and sell 'em on, I will! The kids can get them next week through the token system. They won't miss it chum." Fatman also said a few other things but they're too rude to post here. As he gave his final insult and walked off with pace I called "See you later scumbag! Remember to charge those kids twice as much on P+P you Ebay scalper!".

"Token system?!" :shock: :roll:

I didn't get the mini Speeder Bike in the end. But hey, it's not anything worth crying over. :p At least I had stood up for us. And that's what matters. I had stood up for FBTB, Eurobricks, the Classic Castle forum. Every Lego fan who had ever fallen victim to the scumbags - in one way or another. :S Perhaps I will get the complete set when I send the tokens away? I don't know. :| I'm not around today, or for the rest of the week so I'm unlikely to get anything but that doesn't matter.

Looking out for the little kids, that's what matters.

The Master.
The Master

Postby bigospedros » Sun Sep 06, 2009 3:41 am

How righteous of you!

Whilst I'm no fan of scalpers, I kinda wish he'd turned around and told you he had 5 kids and there's no way he could just get 1 to share between all 5 :P
bigospedros
Staff Writer

Postby GIR3691 » Sun Sep 06, 2009 6:28 am

I'd also think they should have enough sets available, if they are going to put the tokens in the newspapers, there should be enough sets available to match that. So even if he had five papers, everyone else should be able to get them who had a token themselves.

You also might not want to scroll to the bottom of this Eurobricks review. Might result in a heart attack.
>>[email protected] <<
GIR3691
Staff Writer

Postby The Master » Mon Sep 07, 2009 4:16 am

Thanks for showing me that GIR3691. :) I also read there that someone bought five, the store assistants didn't take the tokens and that person then got another five later on after cutting the tokens out of the newspapers he bought. >8(

Bloody theft in my opinion. There will be kids missing out thanks to them. >8(

Master. :)
The Master

Postby bigospedros » Mon Sep 07, 2009 6:15 am

The Master wrote:Thanks for showing me that GIR3691. :) I also read there that someone bought five, the store assistants didn't take the tokens and that person then got another five later on after cutting the tokens out of the newspapers he bought. >8(

Bloody theft in my opinion. There will be kids missing out thanks to them. >8(

Master. :)

blame the retailers for not imposing the 1 per person rule, surely?!

I got 3 sets today without question, just as I did the last 2 days. I will keep doing that, sorry if you don't approve :p Mind you, the box of sets was relatively untouched today so they had plenty.
bigospedros
Staff Writer

Postby Max Rebo » Sat Sep 26, 2009 12:25 am

If anyone is short of tokens I have some spare; 3 from Thursdays Mirror (GGF) and 1 from Tuesday (STAP).
Max Rebo

Postby Joedward » Sat Sep 26, 2009 6:43 am

The promotion ended two weeks ago and the cut-off date to send the tokens in was yesterday...
~Ed
(that's Mr. Ed to you)

(T!!!!!!!T=:|[\########################################
Joedward

Postby Max Rebo » Sat Sep 26, 2009 7:50 am

Joedward wrote:The promotion ended two weeks ago and the cut-off date to send the tokens in was yesterday...

Thanks for the info. Duly binned.
Max Rebo

Return to Finds/Deals