Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

[UK] - Asda great deals

Post your sales news here. Open forum. No Special Access Required!

[UK] - Asda great deals

Postby Jabba the Taff » Wed Aug 26, 2009 6:40 am

Just been in ASDA and Darth Vader's TIE fighter is £15, Anakin's Starfighter is under £10. Some City sets are also half price, like the Tractor and Dump Truck.

I don't think I've seen an offer like this before in ASDA.
Jabba the Taff

Re: [UK] - Asda great deals

Postby drdavewatford » Thu Aug 27, 2009 12:56 am

Not on ASDA direct, unfortunately, although might be worth checking back over the next few days to see if they've caught up with the stores and have a sale on too.

Dr. D.
Love Lego ? Visit my blog at http://www.gimmelego.blogspot.com
drdavewatford

Postby Jabba the Taff » Thu Aug 27, 2009 1:45 am

Have they only recently started stocking Lego on ASDA? Sure I've not seen it there before.

Pity the fire station is out of stock at £6.87!!!
Jabba the Taff

Postby drdavewatford » Fri Aug 28, 2009 2:05 am

Yeah, not to mention General Grievous Starfighter....

I've been keeping an occasional eye on their website in case some good deals come up. I don't recall the last time it was updated - the 'out of stock' sets have been showing as out of stock for months, and many of them are retired so they clearly won't be getting stock in. I can't speak for the stores, but certainly ASDA direct don't seem to take the stocking and selling of Lego very seriously. Given the availability of similarly-priced alternatives, I certainly wouldn't give them my business.

Dr. D.
drdavewatford

Postby bigospedros » Fri Aug 28, 2009 3:51 am

There were no such sales in my local Asda ... all they had was an Assassin Droid BP which was full price :(
bigospedros
Staff Writer

Postby Jabba the Taff » Fri Aug 28, 2009 7:48 am

Spoke to someone in store today who was remerchandising and she said some different sets that weren't reduced were coming off display. These included the Droid Bomber (which would definitely have to be half price for me to even contemplate buying it!). I asked about them being reduced, she said they weren't yet but that the sets seemed to be being reduced in dribs and drabs rather than all at once. So it may be worth checking back over the weekend. I expect they're getting rid of stuff before putting the Xmas stock out.

As for online, that's changed since yesterday! The fire station is apparently back in stock, but I think it may be the wrong picture for the item. What a muddle of items though!
Jabba the Taff

Postby drdavewatford » Mon Aug 31, 2009 3:33 am

The site's been redesigned, but chaos still reigns in the Lego section ! Fire station is still showing as out of stock at £6.87 ! And I really wish that Grievous wasn't still out of stock at £19.55.....

Hopeless.

Dr. D.
drdavewatford

Postby The Master » Fri Sep 04, 2009 12:35 pm

The two ASDAs near me don't stock much lego. Just the little City sets for £3.99 a go plus Bionicle. :roll:
:)
The Master

Return to Finds/Deals