Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

Venator Class Republic Attack Cruiser

Post your sales news here. Open forum. No Special Access Required!

Venator Class Republic Attack Cruiser

Postby lostone » Sun Aug 16, 2009 2:03 pm

play.com uk site has this listed at £89,99. i know it is only 10 pounds of but it is free delivery saving you about 15 pounds of the s@h site also some minor savings on other sets.

the free delivery is the main point, save's you a litle everytime if you're just buying one set at a time.
lostone

Re: Venator Class Republic Attack Cruiser

Postby drdavewatford » Tue Aug 18, 2009 1:39 am

Great tip - thanks. I use Play.com for DVDs and games a lot, but didn't realise they sold Lego.

Having checked out the site, the prices look good. At worst they charge the same as Lego shop@home, and at best they undercut the S@H prices by a significant amount. Plus there's the major bonus of no delivery charge versus £5.25 from S@H. I picked up the Corporate Alliance Tank Droid for about 15% off the S@H price plus no delivery charge which is a good deal, although they don't currently have stock (marked as "preorder" with release at the end of August). Other newer sets are also "preorder" status.

Some of the older Indy sets are a particulary good deal. Temple of Akator is a third off at less than 50 quid, and Temple Escape is also heavily discounted.

Can't wait for these guys to have a sale....!

Dr. D.
Love Lego ? Visit my blog at http://www.gimmelego.blogspot.com
drdavewatford

Postby Jabba the Taff » Fri Aug 21, 2009 11:34 am

You can also get another 5% at play.com off if you don't mind using money saving websites by going via quidco.com or giveortake.org.
Jabba the Taff

Postby lostone » Fri Aug 21, 2009 1:22 pm

cool deidnt know that, on a side note, any sites that do lego vouchers/codes ? like free delivery etc.
lostone

Postby Jabba the Taff » Fri Aug 21, 2009 2:39 pm

lostone wrote:cool deidnt know that, on a side note, any sites that do lego vouchers/codes ? like free delivery etc.

Not that I've found, and I've looked pretty hard! The only use I've seen for codes is by S@H and that's catalogue codes to make sure you get the catalogue price.
Jabba the Taff

Postby drdavewatford » Thu Aug 27, 2009 1:08 am

Just checked Play.com again today and all the Star Wars Lego has been removed ! Bizarre. I have one of the new sets on pre-order, so interesting to see whether they honour the order....

Dr. D.
drdavewatford

Postby Jabba the Taff » Fri Aug 28, 2009 7:51 am

They've got a toys section now. Lego is no longer under gadgets. But depending on which way you click through to the Lego section, you can see a complete list (with all new sets on preorder) or just sets available now.

EDIT: also just notice the cashback for toys on Play is now only 2%. Still better than nothing.
Jabba the Taff

Postby drdavewatford » Mon Aug 31, 2009 3:26 am

Great spot, Jabba - thanks.

I see they've pushed out the availability date for the new Star Wars sets to early September, which is why my pre-order hasn't shipped yet - mystery solved.

Dr. D.
drdavewatford

Return to Finds/Deals