Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

[LEGO] Save $30 off Green Grocer, Sept 4-16th

Post your sales news here. Open forum. No Special Access Required!

[LEGO] Save $30 off Green Grocer, Sept 4-16th

Postby meeotch » Fri Aug 14, 2009 1:21 pm

From the September '09 Lego Store catalogue:

Save $30 off Green Grocer, September 4-16 only!
Item 10185. Cannot be combined with any other offers. Code 4588420

For those of us considering buying it but holding out, this could be the best deal this will ever reach. They'll probably do a limit of two per person per day, but who knows.
"Always carefully check the source of your internet quotes" - Abraham Lincoln
meeotch

Re: [LEGO] Save $30 off Green Grocer, Sept 4-16th

Postby Puddleglum » Fri Aug 14, 2009 1:55 pm

Indeed, I think it's safe to assume that this is the best price you will ever get on this set - it's 20% off. I doubt this set will ever go to clearance, and if it does, the chances of catching it before it's gone would be rather slim.
Im in ur flickr
Puddleglum

Postby BrickSith206 » Sun Aug 16, 2009 11:36 am

If you're looking to get your modular city started, Walmart.com is selling the Cafe Corner for $128.00. Do site to store shipping for free and you've got an awesome deal.
Do something.
BrickSith206

Postby meeotch » Fri Sep 04, 2009 9:12 am

today's the day this starts
"Always carefully check the source of your internet quotes" - Abraham Lincoln
meeotch

Postby ThinkingImpaired » Fri Sep 04, 2009 10:51 pm

Apparently you don't need a code, it's already listed as $30 off.

http://shop.lego.com/Product/?p=10185
Don't you waste away, for tomorrow will soon be today
ThinkingImpaired

Postby Puddleglum » Wed Sep 09, 2009 2:08 pm

I feel the need to chime in on this thread once more and just let everyone know that this is one of the best deals from LEGO you are going to find for a very long time, especially considering you can have it delivered to your door with free shipping right now. Green Grocer was already an great value for $150. At $120, I’d consider it a screaming deal. Obviously this is a Star Wars LEGO site, so probably a lot of you aren’t into buildings. But seriously, the model is beautiful, the build is fun, and you are never going to get so many bricks, plates, windows, tiles, accessories, etc for this cheap! I can honestly say I would take this set over any possible combination of $120 worth of SW sets that are out right now.
Im in ur flickr
Puddleglum

Postby fredjh » Wed Sep 09, 2009 4:33 pm

I'm building it right now, and I think the set is a great value. If you start with price per part, and then factor in most sets with numerous parts have way too may 1x1 round tiles and so forth, you have to think this is a spectacular deal; 2352 parts (and many extras, even if little ones) comes out to closer to $0.05/piece, much better than the usual goal of around $0.10.

But if that were it, that would still just be a shrug... price per piece is just one measure. But the parts are GREAT, great colors (a lot of sand green) including a lot of 1xX bricks and a lot of tiles and other interesting elements that would typically be valued higher than that.

But still, if that were it, it might merely be interesting... but it's a great build and a beautiful looking set once it's done, very nice details. Up until now, Medieval Market Village was my favorite, this just might be better (then again, the MSRP is 50% more).

So whether you want it for the set or for the parts, I think it's a great deal... I was in the middle of building it when I saw this offer, so I bought another one.

EDIT: I got my set today and found a nice surprise; on top of the sale price and free shipping, they threw in a 5610 "builder" set.
fredjh

Return to Finds/Deals