Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

[CAN] New sets spotted

Post your sales news here. Open forum. No Special Access Required!

[CAN] New sets spotted

Postby sandcrawler » Tue Aug 11, 2009 10:59 pm

Lower mainland Mal-Warts are shelving the new sets as of today. Hoth and Endor sets moving FAST!
Last edited by sandcrawler on Mon Aug 17, 2009 7:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sandcrawler

Re: [CAN] New sets spotted at Walmart

Postby firestorm » Wed Aug 12, 2009 12:02 pm

Not to interest as I'm not paying regular price for that tiny echo base set. $29.99 ? WOW. Set has gotten smaller and price has increased. I was hoping they would make the set bigger considering they raise the price.

I'll wait a bit longer for a sale cause I need to sell off my old LEGO Star Wars sets first..
firestorm

Postby hatcher » Wed Aug 12, 2009 1:19 pm

I guess Lego didn't pay attention to the thousands and thousands of Ahsoka's starfighter that went unsold at 20 cents a piece when they priced out their new sets.
There are 10 kinds of people in the world, those who can understand binary, and those that can't.
"None of you understand. I'm not locked up in here with you, you are locked up in here with me!" - Rorshach, Watchmen.
hatcher

Postby Swoosh Factor » Thu Aug 13, 2009 6:18 am

Somehow I doubt there will be any problem selling the new Hoth sets. 5 figs plus the new tauntaun for $30 looks a lot better than two re-hashed fighters with only a new astromech for $55.
Swoosh Factor

Postby firestorm » Thu Aug 13, 2009 9:14 pm

I agree that the echo base will be pretty darn good selling even though its kind of a rip-off. But it does really look appealing with all those minifigures. That set is basically for the minifigures and tauntaun and not really much about building. But come to think of it, getting those figures were quite hard before. (you had to buy #7666 hoth rebel base to get the hoth snow troopers / rebel troopers)

My wal-mart (lowermain land) did have all the new 2009 sets and they had 2 echo base, 10 tank droids, 5 separatist shuttle, 15 millenium falcons and sold out for battle of endor/venator crusier. AND 100'S OF AHSOKA starfighter ! They are still priced at $30 even though sale is over cause they aren't selling too well.
firestorm

Postby kotorfan2000 » Sat Aug 15, 2009 5:05 pm

I envy you people with Wal*Marts that actually carry anything Original Trilogy... The two closest too me only have Clone Wars. Also, the TRU next to me only has one OT LEGO set, which is Darth Vader's Tie Fighter.

So I'm pretty much screwed when it comes to choice...
kotorfan2000

Postby roflfant » Sun Aug 16, 2009 1:05 pm

Saw 7754 Home One at the Mississauga, ON TRU -139.99.
roflfant

Postby firestorm » Sun Aug 16, 2009 8:41 pm

I went to my local Zellers and they finally got 1 new summer LEGO set... indiana jones fighter plane attack... But no signs of home one or new LEGO sets in my ToysRUs.

At toysrus website, they have ads featuring their exclusive sets including the home one mon calamari crusier. But when i check it out, they don't have it. But this means they will be receiving the set really soon !!!
firestorm

Re: [CAN] New sets spotted

Postby winbrant » Sat Aug 22, 2009 8:18 pm

Calgary. Local Zellers has the SW and Indy sets showing up. More Wal*Marts are getting stocked with the new plan-o-grams (no Temple of Doom yet) and TRU has Home One (and no other SW or Indy sets)
winbrant

Postby firestorm » Sat Aug 22, 2009 9:41 pm

Still no new LEGO Star Wars sets in the lower main land ToysRUs. They are still stocked with old Star Wars sets and probably don't have the room. Zellers only has venice canal chase. Oh ya, and most of the prices in Zellers are higher than retail. Disappointing.

Suprisingly, wal mart has all the new sets.
firestorm

Postby MShiels » Sun Aug 23, 2009 4:34 pm

Lasting Toys has gottan in our first wave of the 2009 end of year releases

8036 – Star Wars Separatist Shuttle – $39.94
8037 – Star Wars Anakin’s Y-Wing Starfighter – $79.94

8038 is on it's way in a week or so, but no idea on 8039 or the 2 smaller sets yet.

I would not wait long on some of these items - for dealers in Canada 8036 is already marked 7th week of 2010 for more stock on my October order. DANG!

Lots of other goodies in stock as well, with more arriving about every 2 weeks it seems to be right now.
ImageIf near Mississauga, come visit us at 2410 Dunwin Drive, Unit 5 - your local Ontario LEGO only store - TRUly the largest selection of LEGO around
And out Bricklink store is http://Shop.LastingToys.Com
MShiels

Postby grumpy111 » Sun Aug 23, 2009 5:44 pm

For people in Toronto, the Walmart Supercentre at Eglinton/Pharmacy has these new sets as of Saturday Aug 22:
Separtist Shuttle
Battle of Endor (1 left)
Corporate Alliance Tank Droid
Midi Scale Falcon
Anakin's Y wing
MagnaGaurd Starfighter (clearance $40)
Hope this saves you time from driving around the city like I did..
grumpy111

Postby sandcrawler » Tue Sep 08, 2009 4:15 pm

Toys R Us vancouver now stocking Home One. An employee told me theyre usually a month behind the US stores which seems to be about right. Seems to be the only new set here, though lots of RGS sets showing up...
sandcrawler

Postby Mud » Wed Sep 09, 2009 6:40 am

kotorfan2000 wrote:I envy you people with Wal*Marts that actually carry anything Original Trilogy... The two closest too me only have Clone Wars. Also, the TRU next to me only has one OT LEGO set, which is Darth Vader's Tie Fighter.

So I'm pretty much screwed when it comes to choice...

Check with your Walmart's service desk, they should be able to ship products between stores Free of charge for you - you should be able to get anything any walmart carries at any centre (if it's available).
Mud

Return to Finds/Deals