Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

[US] Borders 20% Off Toys Through Aug 10th

Post your sales news here. Open forum. No Special Access Required!

[US] Borders 20% Off Toys Through Aug 10th

Postby juicepup » Thu Aug 06, 2009 6:31 am

Just received an email flyer for Borders Rewards members: view flyer here.

The flyer shows 20% off toys through Monday, August 10th (in-store only) with a picture of a LEGO Hyena Droid Bomber. Apparently Borders has a new expanded toy dept, so it may be worth a trip to check it out.

The flyer also includes a printable coupon good for 40% off any one item for Borders Rewards members good through Sunday, August 9th.

BTW - Borders Rewards membership is free
juicepup

Re: [US] Borders 20% Off Toys Through Aug 10th

Postby GrayMattR » Thu Aug 06, 2009 3:43 pm

I've never noticed Lego sets in my local Borders store but I have seen the Lego DK books. WIth a 40% off coupon, I'm going to check it out. Thanks for the tip!
GrayMattR

Postby Nor-ray Gon » Fri Aug 07, 2009 12:37 pm

I checked out the Borders store in downtown Seattle. All I found there were several Sponge Bob sets, the City minifig collection, and Pirate Survival. No SW, despite the Hyena Droid Bomber on the ad.
Nor-ray Gon

Postby Coret » Fri Aug 07, 2009 1:32 pm

I hadn't checked the prices of the LEGO sets at Borders before, but surprisingly they were MSRP. They had a few Pirate sets, the Indiana Jones Motorcycle Chase set, the AAT, and Darth Vader's TIE Fighter.
Coret

Postby kojitator » Fri Aug 07, 2009 9:53 pm

Stopped by my local Borders and took advantage of the 40% off to pick up a Darth Vader TIE fighter for $17.99 + tax.
This store had a few SW sets including the new Separatist Shuttle and the Hyena Droid Bomber (as pictured in the ad :) )
In general the set selection was a bit scattered, but as reported above, they all seemed to be MSRP as best as I could tell.
Thanks for the tip!
kojitator

Postby GrayMattR » Sat Aug 08, 2009 5:12 am

My store had space, pirates, castle, city, Skum Bob, bionicle, four Indiana Jones sets, Vaders TIE, Separatist Shuttle, Hailfire, AAT, Republic Attack Shuttle, and the Echo Base set. I was surprised at the selection even thought they only had one or two of each set. With a 40% off coupon in hand, it was hard choosing.
GrayMattR

Postby kojitator » Tue Aug 18, 2009 8:03 pm

Stopped in Borders today and saw that they have extended the 20%off Toys & Games. The salesperson I spoke to didn't know how much longer it would go.

Still had a bunch of Darth Vader TIE fighters and had put out more Pirates sets since the sale first started.
kojitator

Return to Finds/Deals