Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

Classic Sets In Toys R US

Post your sales news here. Open forum. No Special Access Required!

Classic Sets In Toys R US

Postby cfl_sw » Wed Jul 29, 2009 10:25 pm

A few days ago I was looking for the new endor set. I then came across the classic lego mtt. It was $35 at the till and I felt as if I was the luckiest guy ever (even though there was some box damage). I went to toys r us today again to pick up one more echo base (gotta love those taun tauns) and to my surprise there were two droid carriers, one att, and three naboo starfighters (all classic). I asked the manager and he said some were found in storage while they were remodling the store. (I took them off of there hands for msrp :D)

Has this ever happened before?

I'm so excited XD XD XD
Last edited by cfl_sw on Wed Jul 29, 2009 10:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
cfl_sw

Re: Classic Sets In Toys R US

Postby Solo » Wed Jul 29, 2009 10:30 pm

It happens, but very rarely... interesting find. :)
                                                                                                                           Image
Solo

Postby Firespray » Thu Jul 30, 2009 12:40 am

Wow you found more? Epic find.
Firespray

Postby cfl_sw » Thu Jul 30, 2009 1:40 am

Firespray wrote:Wow you found more? Epic find.

After seeing this I had the manager look in the storage room for more. He didn't find anymore but I am happy enough as it is XD !
cfl_sw

Postby GIR3691 » Thu Jul 30, 2009 5:36 am

It's amazing that those sets would still be in the system.
>>[email protected] <<
GIR3691
Staff Writer

Postby RocketClone » Thu Jul 30, 2009 6:47 am

You mean the 1999 AAT?? And you are one lucky man to have found the REAL droid battle pack.
(Insert funny sig later)
RocketClone

Postby cfl_sw » Thu Jul 30, 2009 1:40 pm

RocketClone wrote:You mean the 1999 AAT?? And you are one lucky man to have found the REAL droid battle pack.

Yes, it was the 1999 att. The droid carrier is great (I opened one).

At the till all of the classic sets costed me about $150 + taxes (the pirce is mostly from the naboo fighters).
cfl_sw

Postby meeotch » Thu Jul 30, 2009 2:08 pm

cfl_sw wrote:
RocketClone wrote:You mean the 1999 AAT?? And you are one lucky man to have found the REAL droid battle pack.

Yes, it was the 1999 att.

Oh buddy, I just have to step in really quick. It's AAT, and while I wasn't going to say anything at first you just got it wrong again after being corrected on it. I know it can be hard to keep a lot of Star Wars vehicular abbreviations straight, especially when you're talking about the MTT in the same post, so I just thought I'd throw it out there. After all, we SW nerds should have pride in our knowledge and strive to be correct on such matters!
"Always carefully check the source of your internet quotes" - Abraham Lincoln
meeotch

Postby cfl_sw » Thu Jul 30, 2009 4:08 pm

meeotch wrote:
cfl_sw wrote:

Yes, it was the 1999 att.

Oh buddy, I just have to step in really quick. It's AAT, and while I wasn't going to say anything at first you just got it wrong again after being corrected on it. I know it can be hard to keep a lot of Star Wars vehicular abbreviations straight, especially when you're talking about the MTT in the same post, so I just thought I'd throw it out there. After all, we SW nerds should have pride in our knowledge and strive to be correct on such matters!

Sorry, just a bad habit. I myself (a star wars nerd :lol: should know better)
cfl_sw

Return to Finds/Deals