Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

[US] New Star Wars sets spotted at Target

Post your sales news here. Open forum. No Special Access Required!

[US] New Star Wars sets spotted at Target

Postby Firespray » Sat Jul 25, 2009 7:10 pm

Found Echo Base, Anakin's Y-Wing, Corporate Alliance Tank Droid, and Separtist Shuttle at Target.

Picked up Echo Base, <3 Taun-Tauns :)
Firespray

Re: [US] New Star Wars sets spotted at Target

Postby Huntmaster » Sat Jul 25, 2009 7:39 pm

Firespray wrote:Found Echo Base, Anakin's Y-Wing, Corporate Alliance Tank Droid, and Separtist Shuttle at Target.

Picked up Echo Base, <3 Taun-Tauns :)

I was at Toys r us and saw these They are awesome. :)
Huntmaster

Postby Darth Omen » Mon Jul 27, 2009 4:55 pm

Picked up the Pirate Tank at my local Target in Acworth, Georgia (north west metro Atlanta). They had about 4x left, plus tons of Y-wings, Corporate Alliance Tank Droids, and Echo Base sets.
Darth Omen

Postby batsamd » Wed Jul 29, 2009 11:50 am

Picked up the Republic Tank at a local Target, two left after I picked mine up.

Missed it the first because I was hoping it's go on sale, like the TIE Crawler, then all of a sudden it disappeared.

Also saw the CW Pirate Tank. Still up in the air about this one. I was thinking the Weequay's would look cool on Jabba's Sailbarge, but after looking at the figures, they just don't seem to mix well with the other figures on Jabba's barge.

Anyway, that set was $40.

Also saw the CW Y-Wing and Echo Base.

This Target, the north east store, didn't have much LEGO out. Guess they did some spring cleaning to make room for the new summer sets.
batsamd

Postby Firespray » Wed Jul 29, 2009 4:14 pm

batsamd wrote:This Target, the north east store, didn't have much LEGO out. Guess they did some spring cleaning to make room for the new summer sets.

Yeah when I saw these the shelves at mine were pretty bare. It was weird because the new sets were kind of hidden at the end of the aisle facing away from the main walkway through the store and separate from the rest of the Lego.
Firespray

Postby batsamd » Thu Jul 30, 2009 11:48 am

Firespray wrote:Yeah when I saw these the shelves at mine were pretty bare. It was weird because the new sets were kind of hidden at the end of the aisle facing away from the main walkway through the store and separate from the rest of the Lego.

That's funny, because that's similar to where I saw the Republic & Pirate tanks, too.

Went down the main LEGO aisle, which they had moved to the beginning of the toy section, and saw a few new sets but mostly empty space.

Checked to see if there were any tags for the Rep Tank and didn't see one, so figured they hadn't gotten the set in yet, so I went over to check the video game section which is across a main aisle from the toy section at this Target.

After the games I was heading toward the DVDs down the aisle I crossed to go from the toys to the video games when I passed the end cap of the LEGO aisle and saw the two tank sets.

Like I said, this is a main aisle that connects toys, electronics, dvds, etc., but still, I was surprised to see those sets on an endcap instead of in the regular LEGO aisle with the bulk of the sets, especially since they had plenty of space for them there.
batsamd

Postby Puddleglum » Fri Jul 31, 2009 6:35 am

The Super Target in Gainseville, VA has the full compliment of new LEGO sets in stock - SW (Saw everything but the Pirate Tank), IJ, SPIII (Including Hyperspeed Pursuit & and the Galatic somesuch), City, Power Miners, etc.
Im in ur flickr
Puddleglum

Return to Finds/Deals