Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

[US] Target Summer Clearance - Chicago Area - SW Lego Sets

Post your sales news here. Open forum. No Special Access Required!

Re: [US] Target Summer Clearance - Chicago Area - SW Lego Sets

Postby Chief » Thu Jul 16, 2009 3:28 pm

Thanks for the hot tips, yo.

meeotch wrote:Spongebob Krusty Krab
Dwarve Mine Defender
Troll Castle Seige (I don't know the name, but this is my guess on which it is)
All Agents 1.0
Hailfire / Homing Droid
RGS
AT-TE
All Coast Guard City

The Target closest to me in Gardena, CA had the RGS, ATTE, Agents 1.0, and Coast Guard on clearance. None of the Spongebob sets were priced down, and no other SW sets. I was hoping for some cheap Hailfire action :(
Chief

Postby anakinisvader » Thu Jul 16, 2009 5:29 pm

I just hit up all 5 Targets in Albuquerque, New Mexico (yes I know English and yes its a state). I found one with the sets 15% off and one with sets 30% off. The rest had no clearance sales. On a side note: one of the Targets had 3 Republic Fighter Tanks 7679. :shock: Yes, you heard me correctly. They HAD 3 because I bought them all. XD
anakinisvader

Postby Mezmaron » Thu Jul 16, 2009 6:26 pm

BrickSith206 wrote:In unrelated PNW news (that's Pacific Northwest for all you foreigners), what is with Freddies attempting to sell Shanghai Chase for $49.99, and then marking it down to $34.99....when it regularly retails EVERYWHERE for $29.99 to begin with?

I don't know, but I can't stand Freddies. I did pickup some boxes during the B2G1 a few weeks ago.... Thanks for checking out the Targets in Seattle - I'll check the Eastside tomorrow and report back.

UPDATE - I was too lazy to drive, so I called:
Issaquah - no clearance for Star Wars Legos
Redmond - "just one mid-size vehicle box" is on clearance for Star Wars Legos
Factoria - "just some spider thing" is on clearance for Star Wars Legos

Disappointing, but perhaps more will be on clearance later.

Mez
Mezmaron

Postby BrickSith206 » Fri Jul 17, 2009 6:45 am

Mezmaron wrote:
BrickSith206 wrote:In unrelated PNW news (that's Pacific Northwest for all you foreigners), what is with Freddies attempting to sell Shanghai Chase for $49.99, and then marking it down to $34.99....when it regularly retails EVERYWHERE for $29.99 to begin with?

I don't know, but I can't stand Freddies. I did pickup some boxes during the B2G1 a few weeks ago.... Thanks for checking out the Targets in Seattle - I'll check the Eastside tomorrow and report back.

UPDATE - I was too lazy to drive, so I called:
Issaquah - no clearance for Star Wars Legos
Redmond - "just one mid-size vehicle box" is on clearance for Star Wars Legos
Factoria - "just some spider thing" is on clearance for Star Wars Legos

Disappointing, but perhaps more will be on clearance later.

Mez

Mez,

What time did you call? I personally visited those three targets yesterday morning. All of the items that have been previously listed in this thread were available, and were on sale. Of course, I do not know what time you called them, but my visits all occurred between 9 and 10am. I should have specified for all the "Seattle" Eastside/Westside elitists that I view Seattle as one large city and dont succumb to that E/W crap. Although I do live in Issaquah, so if you must put a label on me because of my physical location, I would be an "eastsider." Ugh, all that crap makes me want to puke. >8( Sorry, back OT. Items were available yesterday morning. I'm going to make the same loop from the NW Gilman Target, up 90 to Factoria Target, up 405 to 520 and into Redmond Target from 9 to 10am again this morning. I'm not looping the "west side" again today. Upon leaving the Redmond Target, I will immediately post what is happening at those Targets (thanks iPhone).

Lori
Do something.
BrickSith206

Postby BrickSith206 » Fri Jul 17, 2009 10:35 am

It's still on and poppin around the "eastside" of Seattle. Literally, traffic is a nightmare this morning. The area Target shelves still have most of the items at 30% off.
Do something.
BrickSith206

Postby Draykov » Fri Jul 17, 2009 1:03 pm

I found the following at my local Target here in North Texas:

7670 Hailfire Droid and Spider Droid - $13.64

7737 Coast Guard 4WD and Jet Scooter - $6.98
Hail Space!
Draykov

Postby Mezmaron » Fri Jul 17, 2009 8:41 pm

BrickSith206 wrote:It's still on and poppin around the "eastside" of Seattle. Literally, traffic is a nightmare this morning. The area Target shelves still have most of the items at 30% off.

Errrr. I called around 8PM last night. Well, I guess that's why you visit and don't call. Looks like I'll be making a trip there tomorrow morning.... Thanks for the update!

UPDATE - well, I visited this morning, but it pretty much matched what my first post said for Issaquah and Factoria (for Star Wars). They look like they are on clearance, but ring up normal. Even the Krusty Krab wasn't on clearance. Very disappointing. Did you buy anything or just look at the shelves?

Mez
Last edited by Mezmaron on Sat Jul 18, 2009 10:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mezmaron

Postby Joxer the Mighty » Fri Jul 17, 2009 9:54 pm

I know this is probably a longshot, but has anyone seen Agents Volcano Base still in Target?
"I want to go to there"
Joxer the Mighty

Postby meeotch » Sat Jul 18, 2009 10:46 am

Yeah, it's really weird that none of the Spongebob sets are clearanced, I'm positive at least one of them is discontinued.
"Always carefully check the source of your internet quotes" - Abraham Lincoln
meeotch

Postby Coret » Sat Jul 18, 2009 12:34 pm

Actually I saw some of the Spongebob sets clearanced at my Target, but I don't remember which ones exactly.
Coret

Postby Mezmaron » Sun Jul 19, 2009 8:07 pm

Coret wrote:Actually I saw some of the Spongebob sets clearanced at my Target, but I don't remember which ones exactly.

BIKINI BOTTOM EXPRESS was on clearance at Redmond Target for 15% off, but I cleared them out. People are already on Ebay trying to sell them for $25 each (saying they are discontinued). I think that is a little much, seeing that they are still in stock on Lego's website....

Also, someone said that KRUSTY KRAB was on clearance, but I find that hard to believe since it just came out in January. Is that possible in some Target locations, based on sales data?

Mez
Mezmaron

Postby Mofo Jones » Sun Jul 19, 2009 10:13 pm

I picked up a Troll Warship for $39.98 and a Troll Attack Wagon (I think that's it - green large Troll with a chicken leg used as a carrot) for $14 today at a couple different Targets in the East Bay. They didn't have any RGS or AT-TEs left.
Will Tactically Consult for money, food or LEGO.
Mofo Jones
Staff Writer

Postby etcknight » Mon Jul 20, 2009 11:26 am

Targets in OC / So Cal area still only 15% off sets.
etcknight

Postby meeotch » Mon Jul 20, 2009 6:15 pm

Mezmaron wrote:
Coret wrote:Also, someone said that KRUSTY KRAB was on clearance, but I find that hard to believe since it just came out in January. Is that possible in some Target locations, based on sales data?

That was probably me, and I was probably just remembering wrong. I just remembered that one of the Spongebob sets at Target was discontinued, and I thought that was the one.
"Always carefully check the source of your internet quotes" - Abraham Lincoln
meeotch

Postby the_sim » Mon Jul 20, 2009 10:12 pm

My local target had the AT-TE on clearance for $62.98 today.
the_sim

Postby Qzak » Tue Jul 21, 2009 1:45 pm

the_sim wrote:My local target had the AT-TE on clearance for $62.98 today.

My local Target clearanced those months ago.....managed to snag 1 at 75% off luckily, but totally missed the Gunship (managed to get 1 from Wal-Mart later for 70% off thankfully).
Qzak

Postby Mofo Jones » Tue Jul 21, 2009 11:41 pm

If anybody sees an AT-TE or an RGS (or both) for clearance at 50% or more (not that they last that long anymore) and would be willing to de-box and ship the parts and instructions to me, I would be very thankful and would obviously pay for the item(s) and your shipping costs. All the Targets that I have checked in the East Bay and Sacramento are out of these.

Or, if you don't have access to a LEGO store, I am quite close to several of them and could pick up exclusives for a trade. PM me for more info/negotiations/deals, etc. :) Thank you very much.

John
Will Tactically Consult for money, food or LEGO.
Mofo Jones
Staff Writer

Postby Puddleglum » Thu Jul 30, 2009 6:22 am

Well I had a pleasant surprise this morning - the Manassas West Super Target went straight from 30% to 75% off! (30% off started on July 16th). No SW left, but I managed to snag Temple of the Crystal Skull x2 for $20, Temple Escape x1 for $15, and Jungle Cutter x4 for $10! :D The other Target in Manassas is still at 20% off for some reason. Big ups to those who shared the info about toy prices getting updated Wednesday evenings!

As for the discussion about Krusty Krab being clearanced - I haven't seen it at any of my Targets, but it's certainly possible - I saw Crane Crawler on clearance at one of my local Targets, and it just came out in January.
Im in ur flickr
Puddleglum

Postby Gooker1 » Thu Jul 30, 2009 7:35 am

Nice score! Too bad there weren't any SW sets in that clearance. We're still stuck at 30% here in LA. I'm holding out for 50%, but that might be tough because it was slim pickings at 30%.
Gooker1

Postby legoloco » Thu Jul 30, 2009 8:44 am

Puddleglum wrote:Well I had a pleasant surprise this morning - the Manassas West Super Target went straight from 30% to 75% off! (30% off started on July 16th).

As for the discussion about Krusty Krab being clearanced - I haven't seen it at any of my Targets, but it's certainly possible - I saw Crane Crawler on clearance at one of my local Targets, and it just came out in January.

I'm hoping for good things tonight once I get off work. I made some rounds last night and things were still 30-50% off depending on the individual store. I'm hoping for the big 75% today as a number of the Targets I frequent seem to mark down Wed. night. I did see the crawler crane 7632 being clearanced at a number of Targets. The only SB set I saw clearanced was 3830 Bikini Bottom Express. Lots of castle and IJ sets being clearanced, I think I'll finally pick up some IJ sets if I don't have a chance to get any more SW sets.
legoloco

PreviousNext

Return to Finds/Deals