Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

[US] Target Summer Clearance - Chicago Area - SW Lego Sets

Post your sales news here. Open forum. No Special Access Required!

[US] Target Summer Clearance - Chicago Area - SW Lego Sets

Postby legoloco » Wed Jul 15, 2009 6:42 am

I did a search for target clearance and there was an easter topic, which I don't think applies, so I started a new one.

I went to a couple Target stores in the Chicago area and found some SW lego sets on clearance, nothing better than 30% for now and I didn't pay too much attention to non-star wars themed sets. Here's the list of sets being clearanced:

7667 Imperial Dropship - $7.68
7668 Rebel Scout Speeder - $7.68
7670 Hailfire Droid and Spider Droid - $13.xx
7671 AT-AP Walker - $27.xx
7672 Rogue Shadow - $34.xx
7673 Magnaguard Starfighter
7674 V-19 Torrent

I didn't see any AT-TE or RGS sets out at the targets I went to so I don't know if they were clearanced as well or if they just didn't have any. Hope this helps someone.

Edit: The prices I remember best are the battle packs so I have the cost there, the rest are not accurate to the penny but they should be to the dollar, I don't recall the magnaguard or torrent prices as I wasn't too interested in picking up more of those.

Solo is of course correct, you will not find these exact prices at every Target, but I did use the word clearance, and most people should know that YMMV is intrinsic to the concept of a clearance sale. If I had simply titled the topic Target Summer Sale, then I would agree that it was misleading. I drive 44 miles to work one way each day so I don't think too much about driving to a different Target to check for clearance items. On my commute and close by I could check on 9 different Target stores, more if I want to travel farther. At least one of them takes FOREVER to mark down items and usually keeps things at 15% for a long time. Others move a lot faster. Given the wide variance in outcomes I still think these posts are very useful because it alerts members to go out and check their local store because sets are being clearanced. And if someone was thinking of picking up one of these sets anyway at full price then having the info and gravitating towards Target for a chance at savings is better than nothing.
Last edited by legoloco on Wed Jul 15, 2009 3:02 pm, edited 4 times in total.
legoloco

Re: [US] Target Summer Clearance - SW Lego Sets

Postby liquidcross » Wed Jul 15, 2009 9:15 am

Any chance you could edit in the prices?
(and don't forget Text and Violence)
liquidcross

Postby Mofo Jones » Wed Jul 15, 2009 9:26 am

AT-TE and RGS should be part of the clearance as well. A Target near me had one AT-TE, but it was at the 30% level. I'll see if it goes lower before I pick it up.

Edit: where I was at, the Hailfire, Magnaguard Fighter, and V-19 were not on clearance.
Will Tactically Consult for money, food or LEGO.
Mofo Jones
Staff Writer

Postby meeotch » Wed Jul 15, 2009 10:00 am

Yeah, I didn't think that the Magnaguard or V-19 would be going clearance. Guess we'll see.
"Always carefully check the source of your internet quotes" - Abraham Lincoln
meeotch

Postby Solo » Wed Jul 15, 2009 10:16 am

The reason you didn't find another similar topic is because clearance items are so sporadic and varied it's not really useful unless another member can go to the exact store you went to... so make sure you add the location to your title. Not every US Target has this so as is it's misleading.
                                                                                                                           Image
Solo

Postby RocketClone » Wed Jul 15, 2009 10:35 am

Solo wrote:The reason you didn't find another similar topic is because clearance items are so sporadic and varied it's not really useful unless another member can go to the exact store you went to... so make sure you add the location to your title. Not every US Target has this so as is it's misleading.

Yea i kinda figured that out. :(
(Insert funny sig later)
RocketClone

Postby meeotch » Wed Jul 15, 2009 12:42 pm

Well to be honest, the truth of the matter is somewhat in the middle there. I just paid my Target a visit and was chatting with someone who is much more in-the-know of the inner workings of Target than I am, and we were talking about the clearance. In about 90% of the time, the items go clearance across the board. In a few instances when a particular Target goes clearance early, it is a function of old stock-on-hand vs new stock coming in vs room to store it all in. If a Target has lots of stuff still to get rid of, they'll clearance it a little early if the new stuff doesn't have room to be staged in prep for the reset. As it is right now, I have my friend on stand-by to call and tell me if the Lego hits clearance tomorrow morning. The reason is that toy department price-change pulls happen Wednesday night, so the clearance will hit on Thursdays almost all the time across the board.
meeotch

Postby Solo » Wed Jul 15, 2009 1:36 pm

That's how it's supposed to be, but it's never really been the case. I have four targets in town and they never seem to have the same clearance items or prices even with the same sets in stock. And it's not just a local thing, all the prior clearance threads were plagued with unbalanced reports. But it's true that Wednesday nights are their reset time, making Thursday mornings the best time to scout for a fresh deal.
                                                                                                                           Image
Solo

Postby Puddleglum » Wed Jul 15, 2009 2:01 pm

I went to both Targets in Manassas, VA on Monday, nothing on clearance yet. But from memory the shelves were already starting to get a bit thin, so I don't know how much they would clearance anyways, versus just letting it sit on the shelf longer.

Also: The Hailfire & Spider Droid set is a killer parts-pack, and would be a mega-steal for $14. I probably would have bought every copy they had if I found such a thing! :shock:
Im in ur flickr
Puddleglum

Re: [US] Target Summer Clearance - Chicago Area - SW Lego Sets

Postby BrickSith206 » Wed Jul 15, 2009 3:18 pm

I'll let you guys know what happens up here in the greater Seattle area. I'll be making some rounds tonight and tomorrow morning.
Do something.
BrickSith206

Postby etcknight » Wed Jul 15, 2009 9:06 pm

Anyone know if Agents sets are going on clearance? Want to pick up a Supercar Chase.
etcknight

Postby meeotch » Wed Jul 15, 2009 10:09 pm

Yes, as of right now, all of the original run of Agents are NCF or discontinued. NCF = Non-Carry Forward and, for all intents and purposes, means discontinued.
meeotch

Postby legoloco » Thu Jul 16, 2009 6:27 am

etcknight wrote:Anyone know if Agents sets are going on clearance? Want to pick up a Supercar Chase.

At both the Target stores I went to prior to posting that set 8634 (Turbo-Car Chase) was on clearance at the same 30% off. I also recall seeing set 8633 (speedboat rescue) 8630 (gold hunt) and 8631 (jetpack pursuit) on clearance. They are all listed as sold out on S@H right now.
legoloco

Postby Nannan » Thu Jul 16, 2009 6:52 am

Some of the LEGO fans in the Dallas area are scouting Targets and came up with good finds such as 50% off on Star Wars; however, the sales are so random that it's totally unreliable to predict which Target will have sales and by what percent. I would recommend calling the store in advance. Although their services might be slow, it ends up being easier than driving to the store and finding nothing.
Nannan

Postby meeotch » Thu Jul 16, 2009 9:39 am

Just to append to Nannan's suggestion, if there is a particular item you're looking for, the best bet is to go online at Target.com and find the entry for that item. Then, click the button to see if it's available in any local stores, enter your ZIP code, and it'll give you a list of the stores in your area that MIGHT have it.
meeotch

Postby Puddleglum » Thu Jul 16, 2009 9:55 am

Check my Targets in Manassas this morning. One had gone to 30% (or 33%, it seemed to vary) off on the expected items (Agents, old IJ and SW). The other Target only went to 20% off, but had a couple sets I did not expect to see clearanced yet - the new City construction crane (don't remember the name), and one of the SpongeBob sets. Sadly, the only SW sets left at either were the V-19, the Magnaguard, and the Rouge Shadow.
Im in ur flickr
Puddleglum

Postby BrickSith206 » Thu Jul 16, 2009 10:01 am

Just came back from my rounds in Seattle. Every Target had all of the NCF items marked down to 30%. For the masses, the discount is plenty for personal use. Still not quite worth clearing out their shelves to fill mine. Meeotch, how long does it take before they mark down to 50 percent? I scored really, really big on the "old" Republic Fighter Tank. Ever since, if I cant get it for half off, I just dont.

In unrelated PNW news (that's Pacific Northwest for all you foreigners), what is with Freddies attempting to sell Shanghai Chase for $49.99, and then marking it down to $34.99....when it regularly retails EVERYWHERE for $29.99 to begin with?
Do something.
BrickSith206

Postby meeotch » Thu Jul 16, 2009 11:04 am

Usually, clearance updates weekly. It starts at 15, then 30, 50, 75, and 90.
meeotch

Postby Coret » Thu Jul 16, 2009 12:27 pm

I was able to find alot of the Star Wars sets, including the Republic Gunship for about 33% off at the store at 16 and Dequindre in Sterling Heights, MI. I am only saying this because right now there is still 1 Republic Gunship left.
Coret

Postby meeotch » Thu Jul 16, 2009 1:55 pm

I just got the text. My target hit clearance today (Portland area), not sure of which sets exactly, but off the top of my head, the ones that were ncf / discontinued (and thus likely to be clearance):

Spongebob Krusty Krab
Dwarve Mine Defender
Troll Castle Seige (I don't know the name, but this is my guess on which it is)
All Agents 1.0
Hailfire / Homing Droid
RGS
AT-TE
All Coast Guard City
meeotch

Next

Return to Finds/Deals