Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

How To Get A Chrome Stormtrooper For Cost

Post your sales news here. Open forum. No Special Access Required!

How To Get A Chrome Stormtrooper For Cost

Postby Staff » Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:30 pm

If youre hankering for a chrome Stormtrooper and dont want to pay inflated prices, youre in luck. Maybe.

You can order a Chrome Stormtrooper directly from the park. Cost is $12.99 plus tax if you live in California, and shipping starts at $7 for UPS ground. If you take a peak at this page, there are three ways you can order: phone, fax or email. The reason I said maybe is because I have had no luck trying to hail someone using the phone method, but you may be luckier than me. If youre emailing or faxing, youll need the following part number: 4560075. This is actually a magnet set, and you only get it the one figure. But it comes in a neat little anniversary-themed package. Limit two per order.

Good luck!

Update: I've been told that the park can no longer accept any orders at this time due to wanting to save a supply for this weekends Star Wars Days. If anything changes, I will update this post once more.
---
Permalink: http://www.fbtb.net/2009/06/10/how-to-get-a-chrome-stormtrooper-for-cost/
Staff

Re: How To Get A Chrome Stormtrooper For Cost

Postby gfxguy » Wed Jun 10, 2009 4:37 pm

Yeah, I've been calling and haven't gotten through; left my number to call back, but they haven't.

If you could just get the SKU number for it, then I could order via fax and hope.

Edit: eh... tried it anyway without the SKU (just wrote in the description). I figure the worst is that they say "no" and I haven't really lost anything.
gfxguy

Postby jomandybri » Wed Jun 10, 2009 8:21 pm

Do you know If they'll ship to Australia???
May the mass times acceleration be with you!
jomandybri

Postby gfxguy » Wed Jun 10, 2009 8:34 pm

jomandybri wrote:Do you know If they'll ship to Australia???

One of the guys at Bricklink apparently does some work at Legoland; from what I understand, they only ship North America (it may be just U.S.).

Do you visit BL at all? There are people that will sell and ship to Australia; there are some who are being extra nice and not charging a premium for it.

EDIT: they are all charging a premium, but some nice asking in the forum has helped a couple of people; with limited supplies, I don't know how generous they will be.
gfxguy

Postby papito1016 » Thu Jun 11, 2009 8:16 am

I just got off the phone with Legoland and was able to place my order for two.
Also, according to the rep at Legoland, the Lego Stores are supposed to be getting these in stock very shortly.
I called my local King of Prussia store in PA to confirm and the employee had no idea what I was talking about.
papito1016

Postby Nannan » Thu Jun 11, 2009 8:23 am

I ordered my two from the park to be shipped, all went smoothly.

It's interesting that these may make it to the regular LEGO stores, I hope that's true.
Nannan

Postby Dunamis » Thu Jun 11, 2009 8:25 am

I just got off the phone with them as well. Very nice young woman helped me order two. I asked her if they were in the retail store at LEGOLand (since I will be there on Saturday) and she said "yes, they are but not for long. They are selling like crazy..."

So, no doubt there is a mad rush to get them right now, but I'm guessing they will be readily available from the LEGO stores within a month or so.
Dunamis

Postby Mister Ed » Thu Jun 11, 2009 8:25 am

[quote=staff]If youre hankering for a chrome Stormtrooper and dont want to pay inflated prices, youre in luck. Maybe.

You can order a Chrome Stormtrooper directly from the park. Cost is $12.99 plus tax if you live in California, and shipping starts at $7 for UPS ground.

Wow. $12.99 for a single minifigure (plus at least $7 for shipping)? I'd HATE to see what the INFLATED prices are! That seems awfully inflated for a single figure already. ;)

EDIT: (And yes, I'm aware that there are other minifigs that go for much more. I'm only speaking for myself, but that has always struck me as insane.)
Last edited by Mister Ed on Thu Jun 11, 2009 8:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mister Ed

Postby b4p » Thu Jun 11, 2009 8:35 am

yeah, $20 for this thing, it better be remote controlled
b4p

Postby Solo » Thu Jun 11, 2009 9:41 am

Or, you know, a special limited edition chromed one for the anniversary that you don't have to just hope to get packed into random sets or resort to buying off eBay or winning in a contest. They're being totally unreasonable. It should be $5 max or don't even bother, right?
                                                                                                                           Image
Solo

Postby Mister Ed » Thu Jun 11, 2009 10:05 am

Solo wrote:Or, you know, a special limited edition chromed one for the anniversary that you don't have to just hope to get packed into random sets or resort to buying off eBay or winning in a contest. They're being totally unreasonable. It should be $5 max or don't even bother, right?

You're joking, but in my mind that's not far off the truth. I mean, it is a stormtrooper minifig, which are fairly plentiful, chromed in such a way as to not even LOOK like a Stormtrooper (I just don't get the point of the silver chrome job. If it was a Cylon, sure, but a stormtrooper? I wouldn't even enter a contest to get this one for free. But that's just me). Minifig magnets are usually $5 apiece. I could see a couple extra bucks retail because of the chrome, but more than double the price? To have the list price be $13 for that one fig seems just ludicrous to me. Obviously opinions differ.
Mister Ed

Postby Solo » Thu Jun 11, 2009 10:16 am

OK, so, if it's just a chrome figure that you wouldn't even try to get for free, why are you concerned about the price?

The thing you're missing here is it's not just another minifig to toss in your bin or send after your rebel troopers in the bathtub. It's a special edition figure - a collectible - and LEGO knows this. If it didn't warrant a higher cost, it wouldn't carry it.

Considering they're already selling for no lower than $30 on Bricklink and eBay, $13 is more than reasonable.
                                                                                                                           Image
Solo

Postby Mister Ed » Thu Jun 11, 2009 10:28 am

Solo wrote:OK, so, if it's just a chrome figure that you wouldn't even try to get for free, why are you concerned about the price?

The thing you're missing here is it's not just another minifig to toss in your bin or send after your rebel troopers in the bathtub. It's a special edition figure - a collectible - and LEGO knows this. If it didn't warrant a higher cost, it wouldn't carry it.

Well, to my mind it is collectible soley by decree. There is nothing really special about it, IMHO. But, yeah, I know I'm speaking solely for myself here.

And whether it warrants that MUCH higher a price tag is of course a personal matter, not a foregone conclusion. LEGO is gambling that plenty of people will THINK it warrants that price, and I must admit, so far it looks like they were right on that score. :D

(And I'm not "concerned" about the price exactly. More amazed, and perhaps amused. Since I don't want the thing, they could charge $50 for it and it wouldn't make any practical difference to me. But if they had, you can bet I'd be expressing even MORE amazement. ;) )
Mister Ed

Postby Mister Ed » Thu Jun 11, 2009 10:31 am

Solo wrote:Considering they're already selling for no lower than $30 on Bricklink and eBay, $13 is more than reasonable.

See, this is just raising my amazement/amusement level. I can't even get myself into the mindset that would be required to drop that kind of cash on this thing. I know, I'm a nut. XD
Mister Ed

Postby gfxguy » Thu Jun 11, 2009 10:43 am

papito1016 wrote:I just got off the phone with Legoland and was able to place my order for two.
Also, according to the rep at Legoland, the Lego Stores are supposed to be getting these in stock very shortly.
I called my local King of Prussia store in PA to confirm and the employee had no idea what I was talking about.

I'm getting annoyed. I've called, emailed, even faxed in an order and have not gotten any response (my calls always go to the answering machine, and I left my name and number and they never called back).

:'( they must hate me.
gfxguy

Postby meeotch » Thu Jun 11, 2009 10:45 am

Same happened with me. Now I'm holding out on the rumor they're coming to local Lego stores for extras.
"Always carefully check the source of your internet quotes" - Abraham Lincoln
meeotch

Postby Solo » Thu Jun 11, 2009 10:45 am

Mister Ed wrote:There is nothing really special about it, IMHO.

IT'S CHROME.

;)
                                                                                                                           Image
Solo

Postby lostone » Thu Jun 11, 2009 10:47 am

just wondering if this will spread to the uk legoland ? and how would you go about finding out?
lostone

Postby Mister Ed » Thu Jun 11, 2009 10:48 am

Solo wrote:
Mister Ed wrote:There is nothing really special about it, IMHO.

IT'S CHROME.

;)

So's my keychain, but I spent a lot less than $13 for that. (And the chrome makes more sense, too.) ;)
Mister Ed

Postby b4p » Thu Jun 11, 2009 10:50 am

i find all this amusing. I'm not really taking sides on this, i mean people can judge for themselves if it's worth it. I just kinna shake my head when people pay like $50 for the chrome vader even when they admit that it doesnt even look good (or as good as the normal one). at that point it starts to seem silly to me. the really annoying part is that it's made rare for no good reason; other than to torture you nerds, and you seem to love it. that part amuses me. i shouldnt throw around the N word :lol:
b4p

Next

Return to Finds/Deals