Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

[CANADA] TRU 20% off Technic and Castle (starting June 5th)

Post your sales news here. Open forum. No Special Access Required!

[CANADA] TRU 20% off Technic and Castle (starting June 5th)

Postby Daz Hoo » Wed Jun 03, 2009 10:45 am

The title says it all.

Starting Friday June 5th, all Technic and Castle sets will be marked down by 20% at Toys R Us.

Happy hunting!
Daz Hoo

Re: [CANADA] TRU 20% off Technic and Castle (starting June 5th)

Postby Swoosh Factor » Wed Jun 03, 2009 3:49 pm

I had a chat with the local LEGO rep at TRU this afternoon. She was unpacking the rest of the new Town, Racers and Space Police sets, but it doesn't look like the new SW and Indy sets will be available until sometime in July. :(
Swoosh Factor

Postby gfxguy » Wed Jun 03, 2009 5:44 pm

Are you sure it's only Canada?
gfxguy

Postby Daz Hoo » Thu Jun 04, 2009 6:04 am

gfxguy wrote:Are you sure it's only Canada?

I only post information which I know is legit. Since I don't know if this promotion applies outside of Canada, I won't speculate on that.
Daz Hoo

Postby Ara » Thu Jun 04, 2009 6:06 pm

I'll stay sort of on topic then. While I'm a closet Technic fan I haven't been impressed with the sets in the last couple years. /start rant >And I'm itching for a new Technic set that I can spend a few days building and is worth a place on my top shelf. For me Technic sets are display models [Nope, I don't have the head to make a Technic MOC], and I haven't seen anything that tops 8480 Space Shuttle. 8421 Mobile Crane comes a close second but nothing else has really grabbed my fancy. However in all fairness to Lego, if someone where to graciously impart 8295 Telescopic Handler and/or 8297 Off Roader upon me, I'd be ever so grateful. /end rant. XD
Last edited by Ara on Sun Jun 07, 2009 8:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ara

Postby MShiels » Fri Jun 05, 2009 11:28 am

Another funky sale by TRU. They say 'ALL" but only seem to be online discounting a few TECHNIC/Castle, not ALL. Agh!!
ImageIf near Mississauga, come visit us at 2410 Dunwin Drive, Unit 5 - your local Ontario LEGO only store - TRUly the largest selection of LEGO around
And out Bricklink store is http://Shop.LastingToys.Com
MShiels

Postby firestorm » Fri Jun 05, 2009 3:23 pm

MShiels wrote:Another funky sale by TRU. They say 'ALL" but only seem to be online discounting a few TECHNIC/Castle, not ALL. Agh!!

I just checked and all of their sets are at 20% off... which sets are you refering to specifically that were not discounted?

Plus just to point out online pricing/sales are usually different than instores. But this time, the 20% off applies to even the online site.
firestorm

Postby MShiels » Fri Jun 05, 2009 7:52 pm

Well when I checked only 2 castle sets were showing the discount, and that was around noon today, and it still only shows 2 discounted ones!!
ImageIf near Mississauga, come visit us at 2410 Dunwin Drive, Unit 5 - your local Ontario LEGO only store - TRUly the largest selection of LEGO around
MShiels

Postby Fishy355 » Sat Jun 06, 2009 7:52 am

I was in TRU last night, and they have all the Castle sets for 20% off. Are you checking online or in a store?
Fishy355

Postby MShiels » Sat Jun 06, 2009 6:59 pm

ONLINE as I stated in my original posting.

"Another funky sale by TRU. They say 'ALL" but only seem to be online discounting a few TECHNIC/Castle, not ALL. Agh!!"
MShiels

Postby MShiels » Sat Jun 06, 2009 7:57 pm

It's just weird, since they used to be so careful about things, not it seems kinda odd/like they lost some staff that used to keep this really smooth/matching the add listings.

But I still gotta get up enough courage/funds to send them a letter about there claim to be the bes selecttion of LEGO around, they don't come close to our store. Just not sure I want to spend money battling them.
MShiels

Postby firestorm » Sat Jun 06, 2009 9:30 pm

MShiels wrote:ONLINE as I stated in my original posting.

"Another funky sale by TRU. They say 'ALL" but only seem to be online discounting a few TECHNIC/Castle, not ALL. Agh!!"

MShiels. Please STATE THE EXACT LEGO ITEM you say is not being discounted. I check ALL of these castle and technic and they are all at 20% off.

Only exception is "mini" LEGO Building Castle Set" which isn't really based on or part of the castle theme sets. Its the set thats target at small kids.

OR perhaps you were looking at these sets and thought they weren't discounted?

LEGO Castle - King's Castle Siege

Website Price: $119.97
The Shipping's On Us!

VS.

LEGO Castle - Trolls' Mountain Fortress

Website Price: $103.97
Reg. Price $129.99

You thought they weren't discounted becuase they only said "the shippings on us" Well, in actual fact they can't display two description at once. So they can do some with reg. price and some shipping.
firestorm

Postby a red shirt » Sat Jun 06, 2009 11:05 pm

The local TRU has all Castle and Technic 20% off. :)

I don't know what the deal is everywhere, but here, its smooth sailing. Even the brand new Summer '09 sets were there and applied to the sale. :D

RedShirt
a red shirt

Postby MShiels » Sun Jun 07, 2009 7:02 am

interesting, they used to be able to online show both a sale/free shipping, seen it and bought some city TRu exclusives that way. So somehow someone has screwed it/maybe they marked the prices down permanently? I have not hit a physical store yet, too little free time for that, but we'll have to fit sometning in!!
MShiels

Postby Ara » Sun Jun 07, 2009 8:42 am

This is the second TRU Canada thread that has produced miscommunicated posts. I think what MShiels is saying is that TRU does not have every set available online. The sets that they have are on sale, however there are other sets on LEGO S@H that are not available at TRU like the Off Roader. And there are only nine Castle sets available at TRU. Simply open both pages and compare.
Ara

Postby firestorm » Sun Jun 07, 2009 9:41 am

ahhh i don't know how to delate this post. Accidet post this two times. So Admins please delate this post for me. Thanks !
Last edited by firestorm on Sun Jun 07, 2009 9:56 am, edited 2 times in total.
firestorm

Postby firestorm » Sun Jun 07, 2009 9:52 am

LEGO Castle - King's Castle Siege

Website Price: $119.97
The Shipping's On Us!

(this set reg. price from toysrus is $149.99, but apparnelty, they want to show some with reg. price and some with shippings on us) This may have caused the confusion of people thinking that these sets were not discounted because they only show "the shippings on us"

VS.

LEGO Castle - Trolls' Mountain Fortress

Website Price: $103.97
Reg. Price $129.99

So in actual fact, all the sets are 20% off for ALL Castle and Technic. In store and online have the same pricing this time for this sale. However, sometimes online sales may differ from in stores.[/quote]

Ara wrote:This is the second TRU Canada thread that has produced miscommunicated posts.

Ara, their flier isn't miscommunicated. It says ALL castle & Technic sets are 20% off. And if you read carefully, at the end of all their fliers, they state that online price may differ from in stores & flier pricing.
But once again, the online store has this sale included as well. Its the online store that people may have found misleading when in actual fact its not. This is in particular for people who don't know the regular price of those LEGO sets. I myself know most of or approx price of most of the price for Castle, indiana jones, star wars. So i know right away that those sets have been discounted alredy even though they show " the shippings on us" and some as regular price.

But hopefully, however this post, people will have a positive view towards ToysRUs. In store always guarantees the pricing in the flier where as online sometimes do. People should always read carefully before making assumptions. After all, ToysRUs does have the largest selection of LEGO products. They might not have retired sets but they pretty much have everything you can find in Canada.
firestorm

Postby Ara » Sun Jun 07, 2009 5:57 pm

firestorm wrote:
Ara wrote:This is the second TRU Canada thread that has produced miscommunicated posts.

Ara, their flier isn't miscommunicated.

And this is the second time you've minced my words. I was talking about the miscommunication between MShiels' post and others' posts in the thread. I've mentioned nothing of any flier.
Ara

Postby MShiels » Sun Jun 07, 2009 7:17 pm

And to think all it started with was TRU showing the web site pricing differently. They used to be able to show sales and free shipping just fine, now they seem to have made it different for different items, odd, but hey they can do what ever they want. Was trying to give a heads up so people would hit the physical store since there everyone says the sales work 100%, I won't bother in the future due to this confusion etc.

And I sure don't memorize prices, but probably should have noticed them lower than expected. Oh well, that's what you get when working 2 self employed jobs, 3 young kids, and not much brain cells left to keep track of it all.
MShiels

Postby firestorm » Sun Jun 07, 2009 9:42 pm

MShiels wrote:And to think all it started with was TRU showing the web site pricing differently. They used to be able to show sales and free shipping just fine, now they seem to have made it different for different items, odd, but hey they can do what ever they want. Was trying to give a heads up so people would hit the physical store since there everyone says the sales work 100%, I won't bother in the future due to this confusion etc.

Ya i think its kind of strange how they do it for some with shipping and some with reg price. It can really cause confusion with parents looking to buy lego sets for their kids when they saw the flier saying ALL* LEGO Castle & Technic.

I don't understand why they can't show "2" things at once on free shipping and reg price. Maybe they don't have enough funding or just too lazy to add another line.

So ya, you should always go to stores as they guarantee the pricing. But hey, check online if the sale applies to them as well as you get free shipping for orders over $50!!!

By the way, they lower msrp prices for some star wars sets. EX. Hyena Droid Bomber $24.99, Rogue Shadow $59.99, Magna Guard Starfighter $49.99, Darth vader tie fighter $34.99 !

And these are their regular everyday prices. If theres a sale on these, it will greatly benefit us !
firestorm

Return to Finds/Deals