Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

toysrus $30 off twilight & 20% off agents, creator, bionicle

Post your sales news here. Open forum. No Special Access Required!

toysrus $30 off twilight & 20% off agents, creator, bionicle

Postby legorus » Thu May 28, 2009 4:50 pm

i don't know where to post this sale as i can't find the sales page but i was browsing online when i came across toysnbricks.com which claims toysrus is having a lego sale

toysrus usa has all bionicles on sale for buy 1 get 1 half off until may 30
toysrus canada has $30 off star wars twilight plus 20% off all lego creator, agents, and bionicle starting tommorow

enjoy the good lego deals !
legorus

Re: toysrus $30 off twilight & 20% off agents, creator, bionicle

Postby dWhisper » Thu May 28, 2009 6:29 pm

Gee... imagine that, TRU has a surplus of those big gray turds to discount.
If the above post didn't offend you, you're probably reading it wrong.
dWhisper

Postby legorus » Thu May 28, 2009 6:53 pm

the twilight doesn't look too appealing so they are doing it at the discounted price. toysrus usa has them for $100 usd and toysrus canada has them on sale for $89.97 cad
legorus

Postby Captain Typo » Thu May 28, 2009 7:34 pm

Ha, ha... Wow... Didn't they have the exact same discount on the Twilight just after Christmas or something? I thought I remembered it being 30% off once before. Personally, I like the way the ship looks. I hate how the set itself is basically a hollowed-out box with a ledge for sitting on and a gearbox for the winch, though, so they'd have to to chop the current (non-discounted) price in half before I'd even start considering picking it up...
"Yippie-ki-yay, my friend."

-John McLane, Die Hard With a Vengeance- The TV Edit
Captain Typo

Location: Trapped inside a quadrilateral receptacle that is in front of you

Postby onions » Thu May 28, 2009 9:20 pm

if you go to a lego brand store, you still might be able to score a twilight for half off. the last time i was at anaheim they had stack of them for that price.
onions
Founder
Founder

Postby meeotch » Fri May 29, 2009 8:43 am

Ditto that for my store within the last 7 days (don't know how recently you visited your store, Ace)
"Always carefully check the source of your internet quotes" - Abraham Lincoln
meeotch

Postby infallible » Fri May 29, 2009 10:41 am

Yeah, the managers I talked to at the Dallas opening said that the Twilight is being discontinued, so they're moving it at 50% off. If you're lucky enough to have a retail store, then check over there. It's an okay set, but not great. I think $50 is a fair deal, though.
infallible

Postby firestorm » Fri May 29, 2009 3:19 pm

I smell that toysrus is trying to get rid of their "old" lego sets to make room for the new sets coming out right now. The twilight.... how can i say this? i like how to cockpit opens and the items you can put in the ship. But the overall apperanace is just not good plus it takes up a lot of space.
firestorm

Postby firestorm » Sun May 31, 2009 10:13 pm

By the way, this 20% off discount applies to their new agents sets as well !!!! Picked up the aerial defense unit for $79.99 and robo attack today for $52. Its like paying USA price but in CAD funds !
firestorm

Postby lego-method » Tue Jun 02, 2009 7:29 am

the twilight is just a horrible design, even with the sale...i won't even consider buying it, seeing there's so much other new and better sets coming out.
lego-method

Postby Daz Hoo » Tue Jun 02, 2009 7:45 am

I ordered the Twilight from LEGO Shop At Home when it was 50% off a few months ago. I have to say that for the price I paid, this is a pretty decent set.
Daz Hoo

Postby Whovian Zorker » Wed Jun 03, 2009 6:52 am

firestorm wrote:I smell that toysrus is trying to get rid of their "old" lego sets to make room for the new sets coming out right now.

Maybe...maybe not. One TRU close to me still has a couple of UCS Vader's TIE sets...still at $99.99. The boxes aren't "case-fresh," but they're still air-tight. If they were marked down to $50, I might buy a second one.

They seem to display a similar reluctance to mark down the last vestiges of old Transformer lines, despite having pegs and pegs of new movie toys....
Whovian Zorker

Postby Puddleglum » Wed Jun 03, 2009 9:19 am

Whovian Zorker wrote:
firestorm wrote:I smell that toysrus is trying to get rid of their "old" lego sets to make room for the new sets coming out right now.

Maybe...maybe not. One TRU close to me still has a couple of UCS Vader's TIE sets...still at $99.99. The boxes aren't "case-fresh," but they're still air-tight. If they were marked down to $50, I might buy a second one.

They seem to display a similar reluctance to mark down the last vestiges of old Transformer lines, despite having pegs and pegs of new movie toys....

I can never figure out how TRU gets rid of their old sets. I guess at some point the sets get so old that the secondary market is above MSRP, and the someone finally buys them? My TRU still has a dozen or so copies of an Exo-Force set sitting around. (8117 Storm Lasher)
Im in ur flickr
Puddleglum

Postby Dunamis » Wed Jun 10, 2009 6:53 pm

I'll never understand that. My TRU must have had 50+ of the Twilight ships stacked above the shelf almost to the ceiling. They still run up at $99. Presumably, they will hit 50% off then I might pick one up...
Dunamis

Postby Seasian » Sat Jun 27, 2009 1:21 pm

Does anyone know if these are still on sale?
Seasian

Return to Finds/Deals