Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

[Austria/Germany] Chrome Vader Offer

Post your sales news here. Open forum. No Special Access Required!

[Austria/Germany] Chrome Vader Offer

Postby bigospedros » Wed Apr 29, 2009 12:29 pm

Is this the right place to post this?! Not sure, but here goes ... apparently, TRU in Austria & Germany will give you a Chrome Vader for free with every 25 Euro purchase, or, you can just buy one for 4.99 Euro!!

I hope the UK gets a deal like this eventually ...
bigospedros
Staff Writer

Re: [Austria/Germany] Chrome Vader Offer

Postby onions » Wed Apr 29, 2009 3:53 pm

what's your source on the info?
onions
Damp Noodle

Postby bigospedros » Thu Apr 30, 2009 1:32 am

users over at BrickHorizon and EuroBricks ... who've bought them from said stores!

plus it seems that several European Bricklink stores now seem to have 10s (or even 100s) of these items all of a sudden for a lot less than the previous Bricklink average (but still more than they paid!).
bigospedros
Staff Writer

Postby Ty55 » Thu Apr 30, 2009 12:46 pm

It would be really nice if these offers where available for a broader scope, I understand this is supposed to be a rare figure, but if you're seriously going to sell it to a select group of people for dirt cheap, open it up to us as well.
Ty55

Postby Septemris » Thu Apr 30, 2009 2:37 pm

That's awesome news !
This means it will become affordable on BL. :)
© Bernard
Septemris

Postby Puddleglum » Thu Apr 30, 2009 2:43 pm

So I guess the question is, did LEGO ever explicitly say that the chrome vaders were going to be limited production items, or just that they were going to give away 10,000 of them in sets? I think previously the high prices for these figs were based on this assumption. Stinks for anyone that went and spent a hundred bucks on one of these things!
Im in ur flickr
Puddleglum

Postby bigospedros » Thu Apr 30, 2009 3:26 pm

Puddleglum wrote:So I guess the question is, did LEGO ever explicitly say that the chrome vaders were going to be limited production items, or just that they were going to give away 10,000 of them in sets? I think previously the high prices for these figs were based on this assumption. Stinks for anyone that went and spent a hundred bucks on one of these things!

more fool them for spending loads ... the total number of 85,000 has been floating around the net since the news broke and given that Sweden got some before the US, it wasn't too much of a leap to assume the rest would go to other European countries etc.

I've been waiting on buying one purely based on this fact ... :)
bigospedros
Staff Writer

Postby lotus10 » Thu Apr 30, 2009 3:47 pm

This is a great opportunity for a FBTBer in Germany/Austria to buy a bunch of these at 5€ and sell one to each of us who are interested (and are able to cover the initial cost, the shipping and a little extra), just like Onions did with the two new minis a short time ago.
lotus10

Postby sstoroe » Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:19 pm

I am looking on bricklink and I am not seeeing people that have 100 of these listed. Am I missing something?
sstoroe

Postby Puddleglum » Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:43 pm

sstoroe wrote:I am looking on bricklink and I am not seeeing people that have 100 of these listed. Am I missing something?

I never saw 100's, but they certainly have been going fast at the lower prices:

Im in ur flickr
Puddleglum

Postby sstoroe » Thu Apr 30, 2009 5:32 pm

What part number are you searching under? Can you give me an example link? I only see 50 and up. I checked my settings and I am adjusted to see all of the world????
sstoroe

Postby Puddleglum » Thu Apr 30, 2009 5:42 pm

^The image I posted was of sold items, not items that were still for sale. Here is the link, but I think it's the same one you have: http://www.bricklink.com/catalogPriceGuide.asp?S=sw218promo-1

The point is that all the cheap ones seem to have sold almost instantly.
Im in ur flickr
Puddleglum

Postby Joedward » Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:17 pm

Pete, I'm sure I remember you mentioning that you got sent an email about the promotion coming over here in the summer.
If anyone has seen these in stores in the UK, please say where. I'm checking out a TRU not too far from me today, but I fear I'm just getting my hopes up about finding one.
~Ed
(that's Mr. Ed to you)

(T!!!!!!!T=:|[\########################################
Joedward

Postby bigospedros » Fri May 01, 2009 1:44 am

Joedward wrote:Pete, I'm sure I remember you mentioning that you got sent an email about the promotion coming over here in the summer.
If anyone has seen these in stores in the UK, please say where. I'm checking out a TRU not too far from me today, but I fear I'm just getting my hopes up about finding one.

Yes, I did get told that the UK would get some ... but they still don't know how or when that promotion will happen (I checked again in the last few days and that was still the case).
bigospedros
Staff Writer

Postby Gingerbeard Man » Fri May 01, 2009 8:34 am

bigospedros wrote:apparently, TRU in Austria & Germany will give you a Chrome Vader for free with every 25 Euro purchase, or, you can just buy one for 4.99 Euro!!

The blurb on toysrus.de talks of a free Darth Vader minifig worth 4.99. There is no mention of it being available as a separate item (or of it being chrome for that matter, but it does look rather shiny).

To qualify you need to purchase LEGO Star Wars sets for 25 Euro or more, which could be as simple as two or possibly three battle packs. Unfortunately the German online store only offers a grand total of five LEGO Star Wars sets, none of which I would consider getting a second time just for that Vader fig. I guess the brick & mortar stores might (possibly) have a larger selection but I'm not going to travel 70 miles to find out...
Gingerbeard Man

Postby juniormak » Fri May 01, 2009 12:45 pm

You can get at Toysrus in Germany a lot more than the 5 sets they offer online.
It depends on the local store if they sell the minifig separately for 4.99 or if you will get a free one only when purchasing Star Wars Sets for more than 25,--.
juniormak

Postby Huntmaster » Fri May 01, 2009 8:49 pm

Sweet I wish I could go to germany soon. :'(
Huntmaster

Postby Andi » Wed May 13, 2009 2:38 am

I went to a TRU today.
You have to purchase LEGO Star Wars (only this counts, I wanted an Indy set, but the retail assistant said, it has to be Star Wars) worth of 50 Euro or more. Then you get 1 chrome Vader, which is shown twice on the receipt - once plus 4.99, once minus 4.99.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/hansolo401/3527215259/
~Andi

Flickr
Andi

Return to Finds/Deals