Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

[CAN] LEGO S@H Sales&Deals: Republic Dropship, Emerald Night

Post your sales news here. Open forum. No Special Access Required!

Re: [CAN] LEGO S@H Sales&Deals: Republic Dropship, Emerald Night

Postby firestorm » Wed Apr 29, 2009 8:22 pm

Blacknight wrote:The only thing is, as I've just found out with the brick separator glitch, what the email says is not necessarily what you'll actually be getting.

Whats the brick separator? How much was it??

Also, what you mean not exactly what you'll be getting???
I hope they don't cancel my order.

I order another falcon just in case cause i dind't register for an account. So now i did.
firestorm

Postby Blacknight » Wed Apr 29, 2009 9:15 pm

Don't be alarmed, see my posts above. I'm just saying that the coupon codes are leading to crazy results in Lego's system... for example why does the Millennium Falcon only cost $5.95 to ship when it is one of the biggest sets on the site? Normally it costs $34 without the code to ship. So it could be that what appears to us to be the Millennium Falcon is actually linking to some smaller item which is what you actually ordered, and you may not find out what that is until your order arrives at your house unless you contact customer service to confirm (but then they'll wonder about the free Falcon). Glitches have that kind of effect, it's to be expected. Nothing is free in this world, especially not Lego.
Blacknight

Postby Septemris » Thu Apr 30, 2009 6:33 am

The code seems to have been rendered useless.
It just shows the normal sales and deals items now.

On the bright side, I just got shipping confirmation on the discounted Dropship and Emerald Night. :cool:
© Bernard
Septemris

Postby Old Republic » Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:38 am

I ordered a Falcon too and my stomach is in knots just with the excitement of whether or not this will happen. I received a confirmation e-mail (my wife did too) so I think I'd raise Holy Hannah is something other than a UCS Falcon arrived at my door now. Their system confirmed receipt of my or order of 10179 Millennium Falcon, not a brick separator or some other item. TLG is withing their rights to cancel an order and refund my money but not to send me another, completely different product.

99.9% of my reasonable mind expects to get a phone call saying that they're sorry but they just can not honour that price and I would be fine with it but....that other fraction just had to gamble and see what happens. This is a once in a lifetime chance.

**edit**
The 10179 is right now sitting at #2 on the 'What's hot' list and the brick separator is #13.
Old Republic

Postby Daz Hoo » Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:41 am

I couldn't resist and I ordered one too along with another (full price) set (the 4995 Cargo Copter, I've been wanting that set for a long time).

I did print out and made a PDF of my order, even though I'm pretty sure LEGO will cancel it.

But, who knows?
Daz Hoo

Postby lotus10 » Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:53 am

My order status has changed from "In process" to "Contact customer service".

And the amounts have reverted back to the original non-sale values.

Oh well, it was worth a try ...
lotus10

Postby Gumby » Thu Apr 30, 2009 10:22 am

Darn it, I was a few days too late... :(

Wouldn't have minded a Emerald Night for $99 CDN.
Gumby

Postby Daz Hoo » Thu Apr 30, 2009 10:30 am

lotus10 wrote:My order status has changed from "In process" to "Contact customer service".

Me too...

Well, it was worth the try...
Daz Hoo

Postby Daz Hoo » Thu Apr 30, 2009 12:17 pm

I contacted LEGO Shop At Home by their email service, and I just got the reply that the code was "malfunctioning" and asking to contact them by phone to tell them if I want to order the set at full price or cancel my order all together.
Daz Hoo

Postby eddy » Thu Apr 30, 2009 12:58 pm

Did anyone else get this email?

Its nice to see that they at least offer something for the hiccup. : )

Thank you for your recent order on LEGOshop.com.

Due to a human error, item #10179 Ultimate Collector’s Millennium Falcon was priced incorrectly and, as a result, we’ve had to put your existing order on hold.

We try our best to provide our LEGO® fans with perfect service and, therefore, we are very sorry for any confusion this situation may have caused. In appreciation of your order, we would like to offer you a 25% discount off the price of this item if you would still like to purchase it. With this discount, the US price will be $374.99 and the Canada price is $509.99. Please call us at 1-800-835-4386 Mon-Fri 8am-10pm ET to confirm that you would still like to accept your order for this item at the discounted price or you can let us know that you’d like to cancel your order. You can also contact us by email regarding this situation at the following URL: http://service.lego.com/en-US/Default.aspx. Please note that the appropriate shipping charges will be applied to your order.

Again, please accept our apologies for any disappointment this may have caused in your home. We hope that you will continue to enjoy the creative and imaginative experience of building with LEGO bricks for many years to come.

Sincerely,

Customer Service

Happy building all,
Eddy
eddy

Postby Daz Hoo » Thu Apr 30, 2009 1:20 pm

I also got that email.

Unfortunately, I can't afford a set of that price, even with a 25% discount.

I'm gonna have to cancel my order.
Daz Hoo

Postby Old Republic » Thu Apr 30, 2009 2:05 pm

I tell you what, I'm a little peeved that TLG tried to charge me full price for it without my consent. I got a call this morning from Visa loss prevention because of this $900 charge on my card. It's one thing to just cancel it without any notice but to show me $0.01 and then just try to charge me the full price is a different story.
Old Republic

Postby firestorm » Thu Apr 30, 2009 3:53 pm

eddy wrote:Did anyone else get this email?

I got the same email from them as well.... sad.... sigh.. i knew it was gonna happen. But even at $510, its still too expensive for me.

I'm gonna have to cancel my order now. Seems like the code will be working normally now and no other bugs/glitches.
firestorm

Postby firestorm » Thu Apr 30, 2009 3:58 pm

lol. By the way, if any of you noticed.... the millenium falcon is now top seller number 2 ! And most of the items that have bugs/glitches yesterday are on the top seller as well.
firestorm

Postby hatcher » Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:02 pm

I got the email too. I could probably scape up the $500 for this set (as that would put the ship below the magic 10 cent per piece ratio) but I suspect my wife would kill me. Also, I would have no money for the amazing August sets that are coming out. Oh well, the reaction I got from my brother in law (another lego maniac) when I showed him my receipt was worth it.
There are 10 kinds of people in the world, those who can understand binary, and those that can't.
"None of you understand. I'm not locked up in here with you, you are locked up in here with me!" - Rorshach, Watchmen.
hatcher

Postby Blacknight » Thu Apr 30, 2009 5:44 pm

HA! - I called the 25% discount right - I think they're reading this forum and liked my idea. :D
Blacknight

Postby firestorm » Thu Apr 30, 2009 6:32 pm

Oh ya i asked them whether they would give me the dropship for $250 or any other special offers other than the millenium falcon. Well, no luck. They wouldn't do it as they say "there was never a canadian price of $250 for the dropship" They think i change to USA site and look at the price...

Oh well. It was worth the try.
firestorm

Postby Blacknight » Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:21 pm

Well look on the bright side guys - you all got to participate one way or another in the craziest glitch ever in the history of Lego Shop-at-Home. It's something to tell your grandchildren about. :)
Blacknight

Postby ricefields » Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:59 pm

Since I started it with a post to order the falcon at $0, it was always my intention to negotiate a deal knowing they would not let us have it (c'mon!). You guys sound like you got beaten but there's a few more things I guess one can try. I was hoping for 30% off but blacknight called it right with 25% so I will be calling them tomorrow to see if 30% is possible. In addition, I will also try to get the US price since it comes out to about $465cdn plus shipping and taxes (at least $50 dollar saving). I find it a pleasant suprise they offer 25% off the US price but that opens the door so will give it a shot. And if you get stonewalled there, then just buy US-priced set and have it shipped to a border town in US, which is only good for those in border towns in canada to pickup. Shipping to US and taxes are slightly cheaper compared to ontario shipping and taxes but maybe not to those provinces that don't get charged pst on their shop@home purchases. Lastly, time your trip to the states with the arrival date of package. Perfect time coming up is may24 weekend / US memorial day weekend.
ricefields

Postby Daz Hoo » Fri May 01, 2009 6:32 am

Personally, I threw in the towel this morning and canceled my order all together. I don't have the time or the energy to fight this (even if Quebec's laws and jurisprudence seems to be in my favor). I have given up ever owning a 10179 anyway a long time ago, so no biggie.
Daz Hoo

PreviousNext

Return to Finds/Deals