Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

[CAN] Toys R Us upcoming Lego Sale - 20% off certain items

Post your sales news here. Open forum. No Special Access Required!

[CAN] Toys R Us upcoming Lego Sale - 20% off certain items

Postby hatcher » Mon Apr 13, 2009 4:04 pm

Ok, I hope I did the topic name correctly.

I was in Toys R Us today and they had a flier out for an upcoming lego sale. The sale runs Friday, April 17 through Thursday April 30, 2009 (2 weeks).

Here's the details:

20% off all $27.99 and up Lego Power Miners, Bionicle and Creator Items.

20% off the following:
Shipwreck Hideout Regular $54.99, now $43.97
X-Wing Fighter Regular $79.99, now $63.97
Farm Regular $109.99, now $87.97
4WD with Horse Trailer Regular $29.99 now $23.97
The Twilight Regular $119.97, now $95.97
Cargo Plane Regular $70.99, now $55.97
Peril in Peru Regular $74.99, now $59.97
Count Dooku's Solar Sailor Regular %74.99, now $59.97

40% off all Mars Mission and Exoforce.

Excludes clearance, while they last, so no rainchecks.

On the bottom of the flier, it says: "Coming Soon! New LEGO Space Police" but no dates or other details given.
There are 10 kinds of people in the world, those who can understand binary, and those that can't.
"None of you understand. I'm not locked up in here with you, you are locked up in here with me!" - Rorshach, Watchmen.
hatcher

Re: [CAN] Toys R Us upcoming Lego Sale - 20% off certain items

Postby Qzak » Mon Apr 13, 2009 4:25 pm

Would be nice if they didn't raise the price for the sale.....I'd swear the 4wd Horse trailer set was 24.99 when I was in there last Friday.
Qzak

Postby RogueJedi007 » Mon Apr 13, 2009 6:17 pm

Thanks for the heads up on this sale.

FYI the TRU.ca website has the new Space Police sets up for pre-sale, and they have pictures.
=========================================================================
We are keepers of the peace, not soldiers.
=========================================================================
RogueJedi007

Postby Darth Sillyus » Mon Apr 13, 2009 7:28 pm

Oh, great way to get the new CITY Farm sets at 20% off!
BTW, are the Farm sets TRU exclusives, or..? I haven't seen them anywhere else yet.
Former FBTB Forums Co-Mayor
FBTB Forums Member since '02
Founder of The M.B.o.C.L.H.
Darth Sillyus

Postby legofactory » Mon Apr 13, 2009 8:40 pm

Qzak wrote:Would be nice if they didn't raise the price for the sale.....I'd swear the 4wd Horse trailer set was 24.99 when I was in there last Friday.

Uhhh, either it was a temporary price drop or you read it wrong or it was the USD price. The MSRP price for the 4wd horse trailer is $29.99 CAD or $22.99 USD. You can check the price out at lego.com.

And I'm definitley going for the count dooku solar sailer, x-wing fighter, and peril in peru. Sucks for me cause I have to pay 12% tax to that making the sale only 8% off the regular price.
legofactory

Postby MShiels » Tue Apr 14, 2009 6:44 am

The whole farm series is a TRU exclusive, so not available to any other dealers.
ImageIf near Mississauga, come visit us at 2410 Dunwin Drive, Unit 5 - your local Ontario LEGO only store - TRUly the largest selection of LEGO around
And out Bricklink store is http://Shop.LastingToys.Com
MShiels

Postby Ara » Sun Apr 19, 2009 6:47 am

Well it seems each store is doing their own thing. I just purchased Peril In Peru for the full $74.99 at Victoria Terrace TRU. The only special they had was "Buy two sets @ $14.99 and get them for $20 which left me with a choice of two sets with yet more wheels. I haz a sad :(
Ara

Postby ricefields » Sun Apr 19, 2009 1:44 pm

Ara, why didn't you buy the peril in peru online at toysrus.ca for $59.97? shipping is also free...but maybe you had a very good reason...
ricefields

Re: [CAN] Toys R Us Space Police Pre Order June 2009

Postby ricefields » Sun Apr 19, 2009 6:41 pm

hatcher wrote:On the bottom of the flier, it says: "Coming Soon! New LEGO Space Police" but no dates or other details given.

Just to update HATCHER's post, the Canadian TRU website has space police available for pre order and the US TRU does not even have these yet. Unbelievable when's the last time we've seen something on Toysrus.ca before toysrus.com?!
ricefields

Postby legofactory » Sun Apr 19, 2009 9:54 pm

Ara wrote:Well it seems each store is doing their own thing. I just purchased Peril In Peru for the full $74.99 at Victoria Terrace TRU. The only special they had was "Buy two sets @ $14.99 and get them for $20 which left me with a choice of two sets with yet more wheels.

I think you probably purchase it too early... Cause that sale was last week's sale (buy 2 $14.99 set for 2) and not this week. The author posted this ad a week early. Maybe thats why. You can consider returning it and repurchasing it for the sale price maybe?
legofactory

Postby Ara » Mon Apr 20, 2009 6:31 am

Nah, it's already opened and on display somewhere around the house. Maybe I'll swing by TRU this week and see what's up.

ricefields, the price wasn't really an issue at the time. Truth be told, it was a gift to myself after a particularly hard month at work. ;)
Ara

Postby Bertramtalespinner » Mon Apr 20, 2009 8:58 am

Old hand experience says: go see if it's on sale. If it is, and you have your receipt from the more expensive one, buy one for the lower price, then return it using the higher priced receipt.
Bertramtalespinner

Postby hatcher » Mon Apr 20, 2009 8:59 am

Ara, if you still have the receipt, there are a couple of tricks you can try..

1), take the receipt back to the store, and try to get them to price match it. I don't know for sure, but if you bought in the last week or two, they should give the discount.

Or, it that doesn't work....

2) Buy a second Peril in Peru for the sale price, and then "return it" using the original receipt for the higher priced one, and get your money back for the higher price one.

I've done the second a time or two, and it works, no questions asked. If they do ask why you are returning it, tell them you bought it as a birthday present, but the kid already has one.
There are 10 kinds of people in the world, those who can understand binary, and those that can't.
"None of you understand. I'm not locked up in here with you, you are locked up in here with me!" - Rorshach, Watchmen.
hatcher

Postby ricefields » Mon Apr 20, 2009 10:24 am

Ara wrote:Nah, it's already opened and on display somewhere around the house. Maybe I'll swing by TRU this week and see what's up.

ricefields, the price wasn't really an issue at the time. Truth be told, it was a gift to myself after a particularly hard month at work. ;)

I know what you mean, there are times I just paid regular price for a set that I had to have as a pick me up for working hard or dealing with lots of work stress. But as the other members stated and I have done it myself, you can do the old switcheroo receipt trick. Only thing is that if none are in the stores and you have to buy using the online site, can you do the switcheroo?
ricefields

Postby Bertramtalespinner » Mon Apr 20, 2009 10:53 am

The key is having a box and receipt in hand. So buy it online, then take it and your old receipt to the store.

Now a WAY better deal is to buy it cheap from one store and then return/exchange it at another who still has it at MSRP or higher. Again, birthday present your child already had. Back in the day when Lego was plentiful and sales were frequent and generous you could transform a Vader's Tie & Y-Wing into two or three similar sized sets just with careful use of the exchanged gift routine. And if you were really clever, you'd get enough change back to go and buy another Tie/Y and start the whole loop again.

Okay, it's morally a grey area, but...
Bertramtalespinner

Postby Ara » Mon Apr 20, 2009 6:54 pm

Guys, thanks for the suggestions but watch the karma. The ole switcheroo is out. I recycled the box the day I bought it which was probably way before this sale. It's done. I'll be looking for other deals this week. ;)
Ara

Postby Blacknight » Tue Apr 21, 2009 2:51 am

Bertramtalespinner wrote:Now a WAY better deal is to buy it cheap from one store and then return/exchange it at another who still has it at MSRP or higher. Again, birthday present your child already had. Back in the day when Lego was plentiful and sales were frequent and generous you could transform a Vader's Tie & Y-Wing into two or three similar sized sets just with careful use of the exchanged gift routine. And if you were really clever, you'd get enough change back to go and buy another Tie/Y and start the whole loop again.

Okay, it's morally a grey area, but...

Technically that's theft.
Blacknight

Postby onions » Tue Apr 21, 2009 9:12 am

these days, more and more stores are requiring a receipt for returns making that scenario less likely.

and yes it's a little dishonest.
onions
Founder
Founder

Postby Septemris » Tue Apr 21, 2009 9:46 am

I've never seen a store that would take a return if I didn't have my receipt, so I don't know how I could have pulled that trick even once.
© Bernard
Septemris

Postby ricefields » Tue Apr 21, 2009 3:56 pm

IMO I don't think its theft. But simple answer to last two posts, KEEP your receipts! How long you keep them depends on warranty periods, return windows, whether you sell on ebay, etc.. Why throw away receipts?
ricefields

Next

Return to Finds/Deals