Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

[US] Target easter clearance includes lego impulse sets

Post your sales news here. Open forum. No Special Access Required!

[US] Target easter clearance includes lego impulse sets

Postby ufjason » Mon Apr 13, 2009 11:06 am

Currently at 50% off of 3.49 for the four impulse sets (pirate, soldier, police officer/dog and fireman) and 50% off 3.99 for the torrent and grievous starfighter. The only dpci I can find is for the star wars sets: 204-00-0054. The percent off will match whatever easter candy has. So if your store hits 75% later in the week, then you will get 75% off the lego sets.
eBay store, contact me if you'd like to perform trades from my inventory. I'm looking for original genosian fighers, second version a-wing fighters and tie bombers. I may be interested in other sets so let me know what you have.
ufjason
 
Posts: 485
Joined: Tue Feb 10, 2009 11:45 pm
Location: Atlanta, GA

Re: [US] Target easter clearance includes lego impulse sets

Postby Firespray » Mon Apr 13, 2009 12:00 pm

So $2 for the Star Wars minis? Frak me I hope my Target restocked them :(
Firespray
 
Posts: 206
Joined: Tue Feb 10, 2009 10:57 am
Location: Southern California

Re: [US] Target easter clearance includes lego impulse sets

Postby meeotch » Mon Apr 13, 2009 12:08 pm

I will guarantee you that they didn't "restock" them. Seasonal merchandise doesn't work that way, at least at Target.
"Always carefully check the source of your internet quotes" - Abraham Lincoln
meeotch
 
Posts: 796
Joined: Wed Feb 11, 2009 10:11 am
Location: Portland

Re: [US] Target easter clearance includes lego impulse sets

Postby Firespray » Mon Apr 13, 2009 12:37 pm

Yeah I really doubt they will, they haven't been at the closest Target near me for about 2 weeks or so :( Going to check out 1 or 2 different ones today so hopefully they have something left.
Firespray
 
Posts: 206
Joined: Tue Feb 10, 2009 10:57 am
Location: Southern California

Re: [US] Target easter clearance includes lego impulse sets

Postby ufjason » Mon Apr 13, 2009 1:41 pm

use the dpci to locate a store that has stock on them.
eBay store, contact me if you'd like to perform trades from my inventory. I'm looking for original genosian fighers, second version a-wing fighters and tie bombers. I may be interested in other sets so let me know what you have.
ufjason
 
Posts: 485
Joined: Tue Feb 10, 2009 11:45 pm
Location: Atlanta, GA

Re: [US] Target easter clearance includes lego impulse sets

Postby Blondie-Wan » Mon Apr 13, 2009 3:00 pm

"Dpci"?

I went and picked up a few of the minis Saturday, though I left two; I had this strange compulsion to not scoop up all of them, though I do now wish I had. I also wish I'd gotten some of the impulse sets I saw. Ah, well. I did hit the two Targets nearest me today and collect both of the remaining impulses in sight, each half-off. I'm told I can take my receipt for the pre-clearance merchandise (the SW minis) back within 14 days of the purchase to have them refund the difference between the latest price and what I paid, so I'll do that soon...
Blondie-Wan
 
Posts: 34
Joined: Thu Mar 19, 2009 11:19 am

Re: [US] Target easter clearance includes lego impulse sets

Postby meeotch » Mon Apr 13, 2009 3:33 pm

DPCI = Department Product Class Item. Think of it as an in-house product number that may or may not be tied to one unique UPC. For example, both the Grievous Mini and the Torrent Mini have the same DPCI and are listed in the Target system as "Star Wars Lego Impulse", or something very similar, even though they have different UPC's.

As far as doing your price adjustment, I wish you luck. I'm not going to say that they won't do it for you (guest services is one of the few areas I'm not trained, so I don't know if it's the type of thing that the system strictly doesn't allow or if it's a case-by-case kind of thing) but the Target company line is that merchandise that has gone clearance is not eligible for the 14 day price adjustment. Someone may have given you bad information. So, to reiterate, good luck, but don't be terribly disappointed if you leave without getting your "refund."
"Always carefully check the source of your internet quotes" - Abraham Lincoln
meeotch
 
Posts: 796
Joined: Wed Feb 11, 2009 10:11 am
Location: Portland

Re: [US] Target easter clearance includes lego impulse sets

Postby Blondie-Wan » Thu Apr 16, 2009 5:39 am

meeotch wrote:DPCI = Department Product Class Item. Think of it as an in-house product number that may or may not be tied to one unique UPC. For example, both the Grievous Mini and the Torrent Mini have the same DPCI and are listed in the Target system as "Star Wars Lego Impulse", or something very similar, even though they have different UPC's.

As far as doing your price adjustment, I wish you luck. I'm not going to say that they won't do it for you (guest services is one of the few areas I'm not trained, so I don't know if it's the type of thing that the system strictly doesn't allow or if it's a case-by-case kind of thing) but the Target company line is that merchandise that has gone clearance is not eligible for the 14 day price adjustment. Someone may have given you bad information. So, to reiterate, good luck, but don't be terribly disappointed if you leave without getting your "refund."


Thanks for the DPCI info. I'd thought there would be something like that, but I had no idea what the nomenclature might be.

You were right about the price adjustment. I returned yesterday and found the person who'd told me earlier that I could get it apparently misunderstood me. Oh, well, no worries; those Star Wars minis surely wouldn't have lasted until I returned Monday anyway, so it's best that I got them at full price Saturday. As it is, even the City and Pirates impulses were almost completely gone at the reduced price, and they'd had more of them to begin with.
Blondie-Wan
 
Posts: 34
Joined: Thu Mar 19, 2009 11:19 am

Re: [US] Target easter clearance includes lego impulse sets

Postby Draykov » Thu Apr 16, 2009 7:50 am

Blondie-Wan wrote: As it is, even the City and Pirates impulses were almost completely gone at the reduced price...


Alas, that was my experience too at my local Target. They seemed to be have more stock than usual, but the last time I looked was just after Christmas. But, not an impulse set to be seen on the LEGO aisle nor on the post-apocalyptic mess known as the "clearance aisle."
Hail Space!
Image
Draykov
 
Posts: 1777
Joined: Tue Feb 10, 2009 8:14 pm
Location: Lone Star

Re: [US] Target easter clearance includes lego impulse sets

Postby Blondie-Wan » Thu Apr 16, 2009 8:23 am

It's interesting to me that the impulses were apparently considered just part of the Easter stock, to be immediately clearanced after the holiday, rather than being kept around like any other current LEGO goods. I hadn't seen the impulses at Target very often, but I did see at least one of the City impulses there for the first time several months ago, surely long before they were receiving stock specifically for Easter. It must have been part of their normal offerings for a little while and then dropped, but brought back specifically for the holiday promo.

It seems to me the impulse sets would be a natural for pretty much any store, and that one would be able to find them in supermarkets and the like even if they don't normally carry much or any other LEGO sets, but at least in my area, the only brick-&-mortar stores I've ever seen carrying them are Target (and only starting some months ago as described here, and then with few or no sets for a long time, followed by this holiday promo, which apparently brings impulse stocking at Target to an end), Toys 'R' Us (which has carried lots of them, but for some time now has carried them only at grossly inflated prices), and Learning Express (which gets them in sporadically, and has usually had them at $3.99 - a markup, but not a really outrageous one). Do others here ever find the impulses in more places?
Blondie-Wan
 
Posts: 34
Joined: Thu Mar 19, 2009 11:19 am

Re: [US] Target easter clearance includes lego impulse sets

Postby Draykov » Thu Apr 16, 2009 10:28 am

As you mentioned, TRU and LEGO stores are the only places I've run across them other than Target. If memory serves, the impulse sets became clearance fodder just after Christmas as well (scored a few trolls for $1.74 a pop that way). For some reason, Target markets them as if they were holiday merchandise...presumably because of the ease with which one could place an impulse set into a stocking or Easter basket...or maybe it's a Jesus thing. :)
Hail Space!
Image
Draykov
 
Posts: 1777
Joined: Tue Feb 10, 2009 8:14 pm
Location: Lone Star

Re: [US] Target easter clearance includes lego impulse sets

Postby Tyrant » Thu Apr 16, 2009 12:17 pm

Not to side track, but I have seen the impulse sets at Wal Mart before. Not all Wal Marts. Just one I occasionally go to (because it's in a city that's over an hour drive). They had tons of the Troll Impulse set for Christmas. They kept them hanging around at full price forever when I kept reading reposrts of them clearancing every place else. They must have finally knocked their price down because the last time I was there they were gone. I love my local Wal Marts that either don't know what clearance is or make sure they don't even have enough stock to last through Christmas, much less afterwards.
Peace is a lie, there is only passion. Through passion, I gain strength. Through strength, I gain power. Through power, I gain victory. Through victory, my chains are broken. The Force shall free me.
-The Sith Code
Bricklink Store
Tyrant
 
Posts: 218
Joined: Thu Feb 12, 2009 2:22 pm
Location: Korriban

Re: [US] Target easter clearance includes lego impulse sets

Postby drew724 » Thu Apr 16, 2009 1:30 pm

The easter sets (V-19 & Grievous) went 75% off today at Targets. I got one of each for $0.99 each!
drew724
 
Posts: 4
Joined: Wed Feb 11, 2009 8:24 pm

Re: [US] Target easter clearance includes lego impulse sets

Postby Blondie-Wan » Sat Apr 18, 2009 7:52 am

Tyrant wrote:Not to side track, but I have seen the impulse sets at Wal Mart before. Not all Wal Marts. Just one I occasionally go to (because it's in a city that's over an hour drive). They had tons of the Troll Impulse set for Christmas. They kept them hanging around at full price forever when I kept reading reposrts of them clearancing every place else. They must have finally knocked their price down because the last time I was there they were gone. I love my local Wal Marts that either don't know what clearance is or make sure they don't even have enough stock to last through Christmas, much less afterwards.


As it happens, I just saw one at a Wal-Mart here last night (in the wee hours of this morning, actually). It was the Firefighter, and there was a tag for it on the shelf - one that specifically referred to the Firefighter set, rather than a price tag for impulse sets in general, and there were no other such tags for other impulses. It was as though they were selling just that one particular set, but my understanding was the impulses are offered to stores only in case assortments that contain a mix. Huh.

Anyway, this was being offered at $3.67. It's bizarre to see Wal-Mart of all places offering LEGO at above MSRP, even if just by a tiny amount. I was amazed to learn of it last year with the Indy set Temple of the Crystal Skull, but since then I've seen it with several sets.

But at least now I've seen the impulses at one more store...
Blondie-Wan
 
Posts: 34
Joined: Thu Mar 19, 2009 11:19 am

Re: [US] Target easter clearance includes lego impulse sets

Postby Tervlon » Sat Apr 18, 2009 10:36 am

Where are these sets located in the store? I haven't seen any at numerous Targets, in their Easter section or the Legos! Where are or were these?
Tervlon
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2009 10:02 am

Re: [US] Target easter clearance includes lego impulse sets

Postby onions » Sat Apr 18, 2009 11:05 am

if you haven't spotted them at your target's easter section it could have been sold out. the closer it got to easter, the faster these sets would disappear. plus, the closer it got, the more the easter aisles looked like a bomb went off making it harder to locate. if this is the first time you're looking for them, then i would extremely surpised if you found any at all.
onions
Founder
Founder
 
Posts: 73
Joined: Thu Dec 18, 2008 1:45 pm

Re: [US] Target easter clearance includes lego impulse sets

Postby Tervlon » Sat Apr 18, 2009 2:35 pm

I've been looking for weeks and been frustrated that I couldn't find them. Especially when target.com said they were in stock. Thanks for the help! Too bad it was such a limited release. Usually Lego is so good about universal distribution via their website and all.
Tervlon
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2009 10:02 am

Re: [US] Target easter clearance includes lego impulse sets

Postby Tyrant » Sat Apr 18, 2009 10:20 pm

Blondie-Wan wrote:As it happens, I just saw one at a Wal-Mart here last night (in the wee hours of this morning, actually). It was the Firefighter, and there was a tag for it on the shelf - one that specifically referred to the Firefighter set, rather than a price tag for impulse sets in general, and there were no other such tags for other impulses. It was as though they were selling just that one particular set, but my understanding was the impulses are offered to stores only in case assortments that contain a mix. Huh.

Anyway, this was being offered at $3.67. It's bizarre to see Wal-Mart of all places offering LEGO at above MSRP, even if just by a tiny amount. I was amazed to learn of it last year with the Indy set Temple of the Crystal Skull, but since then I've seen it with several sets.

But at least now I've seen the impulses at one more store...

I was actually in the Wal Mart closest to me earlier today and I noticed that they had a few. I was suprised because they did not have the Troll Warrior impulse sets at XMas. They had the Firefighter, the Cop, and the Pirate (no Soldier though). There were no shelf tags for these, but they were with the rest of the LEGO and not off on some side isle.
Peace is a lie, there is only passion. Through passion, I gain strength. Through strength, I gain power. Through power, I gain victory. Through victory, my chains are broken. The Force shall free me.
-The Sith Code
Bricklink Store
Tyrant
 
Posts: 218
Joined: Thu Feb 12, 2009 2:22 pm
Location: Korriban

Re: [US] Target easter clearance includes lego impulse sets

Postby brownie69yov4 » Mon Apr 20, 2009 5:03 pm

Hey if any one in the central Ohio are (columbus) has found any of the star wars minis can you PM me... I checked the sawmill location where i work and they are wiped clean... i didn't get them when the were full price because i was sure my parents were going to get them...ha they waited to long and they sold out... would really like to find these

thanks guys

br()wnie
brownie69yov4
 
Posts: 91
Joined: Wed Feb 25, 2009 11:43 pm

Re: [US] Target easter clearance includes lego impulse sets

Postby cloner95 » Sun May 03, 2009 4:47 am

im in new jersey and couldn't find any I would be willing to pay $6 for anyone that would be willing to sell
cloner95
 
Posts: 11
Joined: Mon Apr 27, 2009 11:55 am

Next

Return to Finds/Deals

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Mofo Jones and 9 guests