Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

LEGO Shop@Home's May the Fourth Promotion

Post your sales news here. Open forum. No Special Access Required!

LEGO Shop@Home's May the Fourth Promotion

Postby Staff » Fri May 02, 2014 5:00 pm

Darth Revan

It's that time once again where LEGO Star Wars geeks can rejoice and take advantage of some promotions going on at LEGO Shop@Home. All deals are valid from May 3rd to 11:59PM EST May 5th, 2014. The discounts are ho hum like they are every year. Only three sets and a watch are at 50% off, a ton of keychains and magnets at 20% off, and a selection of last year's sets at 10% off. 75059 Sandcrawler is NOT on sale but it does go on sale at the same as when the promotions kick in, which is now. Still on the fence to get that set? Read our review to get a first-hand look of the set. Spoiler alert: I liked it a lot.

Some other notes that you should be aware of for this promotion:

- FREE Darth Revan minifigure with a LEGO Star Wars order of $75 or more (while supplies last)
- FREE Exclusive LEGO Star Wars Poster with all LEGO Star Wars orders (while supplies last)

And, of course, you'll get free shipping if your order hits $75 or more.

May the Fourth Sale Items at LEGO Shop@Home

NEW!

75059 Sandcrawler Box

50% off

20% off

10% off

---
Permalink: http://www.fbtb.net/2014/05/02/lego-shophomes-may-the-fourth-promotion/
Staff

Re: LEGO Shop@Home's May the Fourth Promotion

Postby Darth Jokar » Fri May 02, 2014 6:19 pm

Wow what a ripoff. Better off just buying the fig on eBay or brick link.
Get on your knee's and tell me you love me...
Darth Jokar

Postby wyldjedi » Fri May 02, 2014 7:53 pm

The sets that are 50% off were never the kind you felt like you just had to have. Maybe the skiff for the leg printed Boba. I would never expect half the Star Wars catalog to be at that price but somehow it just feels like they are trying to clear out old inventory instead of giving us something we really want. 20% for keychains and magnets, and well, last years planet series. Oh joy. The 10% off section is nice considering that Lego.com rarely has deals, but that is pretty easily found anywhere so it feels less special here. And Europe gets the SSD and the Death Star for 15% off? Sucks for us in the states. The SSD is not even available to us any more.

Am I the only one who is a bit unimpressed by these 'deals'? I would rather have more actual sets at 20% or even 15% off than the few offered at 50%.
wyldjedi

Postby Alpha 40 » Fri May 02, 2014 9:30 pm

I’m very disappointed with this promotion. The 50% off desert skiff and Pre Viszla’s starfighter are good deals to those who don’t have them but I already do. (By the way, malevolence is not on sale, at least not at the moment) Compared to Europe, this is terrible. They had 15% off virtually everything (including new sets) and instead, we only got 10% off and the sets on sale are at least a year old. We also don’t have any UCS sets such as R2D2 or SSD on sale which I gladly would have gotten if they were discounted. I guess this is a good thing, though. With SSD out of stock and not on sale anyway, I’ll never buy it and have saved $400 that I could spend on more, smaller sets. I’ll still have to get a Revan but with nothing on sale that I’m interested in I don’t know what I’ll end up buying…
Last edited by Alpha 40 on Fri May 02, 2014 9:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Alpha 40

Postby wegj » Fri May 02, 2014 9:38 pm

No good. I wanted the ewok village on some kind of discount. On the other ones any local sale is much better.
WEGJ –keep creating!
http://BRICKSTORMS.com Custom Models and Minifigs
wegj

Postby jfears2 » Fri May 02, 2014 10:35 pm

They could have at least brought Jabba's Sail Barge down to market price, no retailer is selling that set for over $100 (except maybe TRU but with price match you get it under anyways). Target, Walmart, and Amazon have had that set for around $88 for almost three months now. Its a good thing I put off buying some of the new sets earlier, the free minifig gives me a reason to go ahead grab the couple I wanted anyways and get the minifig... Just didn't take advantage of any of the sales.

And to the poster above, I was hoping for at least a discounted UCS X-Wing (like the B-wing last year) or the ewok village, I would have spent the money for $30-$40 off one of those sets.
jfears2

Postby Inzane » Fri May 02, 2014 11:08 pm

Hugely disappointed. I was hoping, praying we'd get the SSD on sale (but it hasn't even come back in stock let alone at a discount). I would've gladly taken a sale on the UCS X-wing as a consolation prize, but we don't even get that deal. >8(
Inzane

Postby dWhisper » Sat May 03, 2014 5:23 am

Yeah, I'm just annoyed that everything on the good sale sold within minutes of it starting. I checked about 20 minutes of them going on sale, and Malevolence and the Mando fighter were both gone already.
If the above post didn't offend you, you're probably reading it wrong.
dWhisper

Postby kibosh » Sat May 03, 2014 7:45 am

This promotion gets worse every year. The figure is even a total bust for me.
Check out my daily Lego picture at alegoaday.com.
kibosh

Postby Bellicose » Sat May 03, 2014 10:35 am

What the hell? I look last night, system wasn't live yet so no sale pricing, come back this morning to make my order and all the skiffs are sold out.

At the least, lego, might have been nice to release the sale items earlier...and be clear when the pricing will work!
Bellicose

Postby Inzane » Sat May 03, 2014 10:51 am

dWhisper wrote:Yeah, I'm just annoyed that everything on the good sale sold within minutes of it starting. I checked about 20 minutes of them going on sale, and Malevolence and the Mando fighter were both gone already.

Two factors. I think the North America sales went live as soon as the first time zone hit midnight (which was only 9pm here in MST). By the time I looked last night which was 11:50pm MST those three 50% off items were long gone.

Second, you can thank an entire website (brickpicker) and community that exists primarily for the purpose of scooping up lego sales for later re-sell. There are guys on that site holding x20 SSDs, x20 DSs etc just for the purpose of flipping later. There are some members there that have been banned or on the cusp of being banned (from S@H) because they push the reasonable limits of orders for normal single end users. I'd be willing to bet majority of those skiffs, mavelolences and mando ships were bought up by some of those folks over there.
Inzane

Postby palisade1 » Sat May 03, 2014 7:36 pm

Inzane wrote:
dWhisper wrote:Yeah, I'm just annoyed that everything on the good sale sold within minutes of it starting. I checked about 20 minutes of them going on sale, and Malevolence and the Mando fighter were both gone already.

Two factors. I think the North America sales went live as soon as the first time zone hit midnight (which was only 9pm here in MST). By the time I looked last night which was 11:50pm MST those three 50% off items were long gone.

Second, you can thank an entire website (brickpicker) and community that exists primarily for the purpose of scooping up lego sales for later re-sell. There are guys on that site holding x20 SSDs, x20 DSs etc just for the purpose of flipping later. There are some members there that have been banned or on the cusp of being banned (from S@H) because they push the reasonable limits of orders for normal single end users. I'd be willing to bet majority of those skiffs, mavelolences and mando ships were bought up by some of those folks over there.

Exactly. Those people there are the absolute worst. I lose a bit of my soul every time I venture to that place. Its basically Lego SlickDeals. yuck.
palisade1

Postby Trooper10 » Sat May 03, 2014 10:05 pm

Yes and because of all this Lego misses out on another $75+ from me....guess I'll ebay a Revan if I can be bothered and keep on with Amazon or other retailers...I'm sure they don't care really....I just hope the market crashes soon and those turds with the stock of big sets get burned! Bring on the Lego bubble!!!
Trooper10

Postby Darth Jokar » Sun May 04, 2014 1:16 am

Got my Darth Revan for $20 with free shipping. Lego needs to start offering some better deals. Every year their so called sales get worse.
Get on your knee's and tell me you love me...
Darth Jokar

Postby ThinkingImpaired » Sun May 04, 2014 3:49 am

Trooper10 wrote:Yes and because of all this Lego misses out on another $75+ from me....guess I'll ebay a Revan if I can be bothered and keep on with Amazon or other retailers...I'm sure they don't care really....I just hope the market crashes soon and those turds with the stock of big sets get burned! Bring on the Lego bubble!!!

There isn't a lego bubble, but the market is being arbitraged. In the past once a set retired it would sky-rocket 3-4 times its retail value. This is quickly disappearing - which is good for the collector who misses out on buying sets before they're out of production - bad for resellers.
Don't you waste away, for tomorrow will soon be today
ThinkingImpaired

Postby Inzane » Sun May 04, 2014 11:01 am

Trooper10 wrote:I just hope the market crashes soon and those turds with the stock of big sets get burned! Bring on the Lego bubble!!!

Unfortunately for that to happen would imply an overall global market collapse which would affect not just the lego collectors market but families, and jobs and mortgages etc.

The only way to selectively crush the lego secondary market would be for Lego themselves to suddenly put a bunch of retired sets back in production.
Inzane

Postby YavinBase » Sun May 04, 2014 2:10 pm

I purchased the Ewok Village today at my local Lego store despite the poor attempt by Lego on what sets they listed as being discounted. I was going to hold out, but I caved.

Two things did comfort the some of the burn, however. 1) I cashed in my VIP points for $20.00 off, and 2) the sales associate told me that they were out off Darth Revan, but asked if I would like a Hoth Han instead. I did not have an opportunity to get a Hoth Han when he was previously offered, so I told him to throw that bad boy in the bag! I also got the poster.
YavinBase

Return to Finds/Deals