Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

Double VIP Points Starts Today

Post your sales news here. Open forum. No Special Access Required!

Double VIP Points Starts Today

Postby Staff » Tue Apr 01, 2014 10:57 am

VIP Logo

This is not an April Fool's joke, but LEGO Shop@Home is offering Double VIP points starting today through April 15th on every order. There's only two weeks to take advantage of this offer.

Now, there's a rumor that there will be early access for VIPs for the Sandcrawler set and tupically early access happens two weeks before the official on sale date which happens to be May 1s. So there may be a one-day crossover where you can get early access AND double VIP points.

But wait, Darth Revan has been confirmed for the May the Fourth promotion from May 3 through May 5 or (while supplies last). So now the question is when should you buy the set? Early with the possibility of double VIP points? Or later and get Darth Revan? Me, I'm waiting for Darth Revan. Double VIP points doesn't get that minifigure into my hands.
---
Permalink: http://www.fbtb.net/2014/04/01/double-vip-points-starts-today-2/
Staff

Re: Double VIP Points Starts Today

Postby Grant » Tue Apr 01, 2014 1:10 pm

Where did you find that store calendar?
Grant

Postby ytjedi » Tue Apr 01, 2014 3:32 pm

So now the question is when should you buy the set? Early with the possibility of double VIP points? Or later and get Darth Revan? Me, I'm waiting for Darth Revan. Double VIP points doesn't get that minifigure into my hands.

I guess, but getting the Sandcrawler with double VIP points gives you like $30 back. Seems better to get double VIP points on a $300 set VS regular VIP points on a $300 set and a free figure that you only need to spend $75 to get (1/4 the cost!)

Now, if LEGO scaled their promotions so that you got a Darth Revan for every $75 spent, that would be different (you'd end up with 4 Revans on the Sandcrawler alone)
ytjedi

Postby Blacknight » Wed Apr 02, 2014 11:49 pm

$300 will give you about $15 in extra points. That's probably what the figure will settle at over the long term, based on what bionic leg Darth Maul, Hoth Han and the Clone Lieutenant are worth (actually, those go for around $10 give or take right now).

So basically, both choices are of equivalent value. No need to overthink or sweat too much about this one.

P.S. what happened to that TC-4 droid figure? Thought that would be May promo figure.
Blacknight

Return to Finds/Deals