Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

Lego S@H Discounting Several Soon to be Retired Sets

Post your sales news here. Open forum. No Special Access Required!

Lego S@H Discounting Several Soon to be Retired Sets

Postby emmtwosix » Tue Mar 04, 2014 10:14 am

...including but not limited to:

9498 - Saesee Tiin's Jedi Starfighter Sold out!
9500 - Sith Fury-class Interceptor
9515 - The Malevolence
9516 - Jabba's Palace Sold out!
9526 - Palpatine's Arrest (50%!) No Longer Listed!

Not sure when these were marked down, but they probably won't last long! See the S@H Sales & Deals page for other, non-Star Wars related discounts.

March 6th UPDATE: As of March 6th, 2014, these discounts are no longer realized and have been removed from the Sales & Deals page. 9500 & 9515 remain as purchasable items, but the rest have sold out or have been removed from S@H listing.

March 7th UPDATE: Jabba's Palace is back to "Call to check product availability" status at the time of this posting.

March 9th UPDATE: Jabba's palace is once again listed as "Sold Out." As I mention in a later post, keep an eye out, it may change back and forth before all is said and done.
Last edited by emmtwosix on Sun Mar 09, 2014 7:08 pm, edited 3 times in total.
emmtwosix

Re: Lego S@H Discounting Several Soon to be Retired Sets

Postby Inzane » Tue Mar 04, 2014 3:31 pm

Thanks for the heads up.

Unfortunately I spotted this way too late. Jabba's Palace is long gone, and I phoned the two brand stores close to me and they were sold out too. :(
Inzane

Postby dWhisper » Wed Mar 05, 2014 10:42 am

Palpatine's Arrest is also sold out. If you try to add it, goes to regular price. Called in and was told they're actually sold out, and will be removed soon.

Guess I have to wait for some TRU clearance now.
If the above post didn't offend you, you're probably reading it wrong.
dWhisper

Postby bacon1986 » Wed Mar 05, 2014 11:23 am

I can confirm dWhisper's statement above. Apparently it's a madhouse over at Lego Customer Service because of that set.
Want to know how much your LEGO investment is worth?
Visit BrickPicker.com: LEGO Price and Investing Guide
bacon1986

Postby dWhisper » Wed Mar 05, 2014 12:14 pm

Kind of frustrating, because I was all set up to buy it. It's a set I've held off on for some time, as I thought it was overpriced and underwhelming (not helped buy the absurd $30 markup at TRU). Kind of want to rake them over for what it's doing now... that is actually some dishonest pricing techniques, could get them in trouble.
If the above post didn't offend you, you're probably reading it wrong.
dWhisper

Postby thegremlin » Thu Mar 06, 2014 1:14 pm

Not sure when you guys tried, but I got an "on backorder" message for Palpatine LATE on the 5th, but I was still able to order 2 of them (mainly so I could get the Martian Manhunter).

I'm not saying they aren't sold out, but there may be one last "wave" appearing, so you might want to check again. I have not looked today, but they did ship my manhunter figure as a "part" of the order that was ready to ship ... so says an email I got this morning.

thegremlin
thegremlin

Postby emmtwosix » Thu Mar 06, 2014 2:35 pm

If anyone is still wanting to purchase Jabba's Palace or Saesee Tiin's Jedi Starfighter from Lego, I would recommend bookmarking their respective pages and keeping an eye on them over the next three months (the amount of time VIP members have to return products to Lego.)

I've seen "Sold Out" products go back and forth between 'Sold Out' and 'Call to Check for Product Availability' in the past and it could very well happen again.

Palpatine's Arrest on the other hand...well, set listings that have been removed very, very rarely return, outside of a few holiday sets. I wouldn't hold your breath waiting for this to happen.

Sorry not everyone was able to take advantage of this sale, hopefully next time we'll have a little more (see: any) heads up before these hit the discount aisle. Happy hunting. :)
emmtwosix

Postby Inzane » Fri Mar 07, 2014 9:20 am

Inzane wrote:Unfortunately I spotted this way too late. Jabba's Palace is long gone, and I phoned the two brand stores close to me and they were sold out too. :(

* Update *

So get this. As mentioned in my prior post, I had phoned S@H CS on tuesday afternoon and was thoroughly bummed out that these were sold out. The guy I spoke with had said he checked and said his system was showing none left.

I happened to notice on Wednesday that this set had not disappeared from the site and the listing did not say "sold out". It still said "call to check availability". Hmmm... odd. I decided to phone again that day on a just-in-case hail mary play. The lady I spoke to that time said she didn't know for certain if there were any left, just that there may be "really low stock levels". The system allowed her to place the order for me, and she said I'd have to wait to see if it filled.

I had been anxiously watching the order status over the last couple days where it had an "in progress" or "customer service" status listed. Anyway this morning I was delighted to receive... a SHIPPED notice!! XD

I know 20% off is not a super deal or anything. I'm sure people have done better in the past on that set, and I had passed on 20% deals similarly before (at amazon.ca, TRU, etc.). But for this purchase I'm getting 20% and (because its from S@H) there's VIP points and the martian manhunter promo figure too. Not too shabby.

Hopefully others here have had similar luck trying to get whatever clearance sets they were trying to score.
Inzane

Postby emmtwosix » Fri Mar 07, 2014 3:26 pm

Jabba's Palace is back to "Call to check product availability."
emmtwosix

Postby Inzane » Sun Mar 09, 2014 10:04 am

emmtwosix wrote:Jabba's Palace is back to "Call to check product availability."

Huh. Must be some cancelled or returned orders going on.

Good luck to anyone else trying to get one.
Inzane

Postby emmtwosix » Sun Mar 16, 2014 6:04 pm

Palpatine's Arrest marked as shipped on Friday, March 14th, way sooner than Lego's originally quoted May 2nd ship date. Really looking forward to getting this one! Hopefully everyone that was able to take advantage of this deal will be getting their copy soon, as well.
emmtwosix

Return to Finds/Deals