Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

Martian Manhunter Now Available

Post your sales news here. Open forum. No Special Access Required!

Re: Martian Manhunter Now Available

Postby Faefrost » Tue Mar 11, 2014 7:27 pm

Isn't this really the first time they offered or rather attempted to offer this good or exclusive of a figure for the whole month? Normally the really distinct stuff like the minifig hulk or the Star Wars ones are only out and available for a few days. The month long bonus's are normally something more common.
Faefrost

Postby dWhisper » Tue Mar 11, 2014 8:20 pm

No, they've done similar offers before, just not on nearly that popular of a character.
If the above post didn't offend you, you're probably reading it wrong.
dWhisper

Postby mjacobson » Tue Mar 11, 2014 10:07 pm

I have the feeling next month is going to be a Marvel figure giveaway. Just based on the focus of the in store calendar for April. Order early.
mjacobson

Postby Blacknight » Tue Mar 11, 2014 10:40 pm

dWhisper wrote:No, they've done similar offers before, just not on nearly that popular of a character.

Funny I've never even heard of this character before.
Blacknight

Postby yauchunh » Wed Mar 12, 2014 7:14 am

Blacknight wrote:
dWhisper wrote:No, they've done similar offers before, just not on nearly that popular of a character.

Funny I've never even heard of this character before.

Image He is part of the core of justice league. The others being: batman, superman, wonderwoman, flash, green lantern, and mayybe cyborg. He was in like every episode of the animated series and that's how I know him.
yauchunh

Postby LegoLawyer » Wed Mar 12, 2014 7:31 am

I was lucky enough to get this one in time. Unfortunately, that won't help me get the con exclusives...Shazam, Green Arrow, Green Lantern. I hope those come out in another set sometime.

I know it's not their style, but wouldn't a Watchtower set with the whole Justice League sell like crazy? Also, perfect chance to get Cyborg out there.

James
LegoLawyer

Postby rnsrobot » Wed Mar 12, 2014 9:12 am

kurokun wrote:As someone in a country where there is no LEGO store:
Read post. Run to ebay. Price still low. Buy 2. All good.

Thanks for the heads-up guys.

I did the same thing an hour ago. One for my pal's birthday (huge J'onn fan). $40 us shipped for the two (to canada).
rnsrobot

Postby gomek » Wed Mar 12, 2014 10:24 am

Given how packed my local Lego store has been since 'The Lego Movie' came out this really isn't a surprise. Also since said customers may not be that interested in this figure, I imagine a large volume of the promotional figures will wind up on Ebay for a reasonable cost.

Also to provide some context, Lego ran the same promotion for the Hulk figures a few years back. I believe it was for a lower purchase price ($50 I believe) but I know for my local store they definitely ran out before the month was up.

And now I also have to remember not to buy my Star Wars allotment just yet as I may be hard pressed to get enough OT sets to make the $75 promotion. (Unless of course they offer a Prequel figure, in which mine will wind up on Ebay for the rest of you procrastinators)

It would be nice if one month they could have multiple figures and let you choose. Perhaps that would add complexity to the promotion, but at least people making a random purchase would be more likely to get a figure they cared about. I'm an old school comic guy, so I was very please to get the MM figure, but I don't think my kids would know who he is. (Unlike Green Lantern, which we're all STILL waiting for.. uggh).
gomek

Postby Mars Needs LEGO » Wed Mar 12, 2014 10:07 pm

Update to my previous post. I've received two emails from LEGO since placing my order. The first was the usual 'Thanks for placing your order' and the second was 'Your order has shipped.' Both emails include the contents of my order and the MM minifig is listed both times. Fingers still crossed.
Mars Needs LEGO

Postby ufjason » Wed Mar 12, 2014 10:52 pm

You may still have luck in Lego brand retail stores.
eBay store, contact me if you'd like to perform trades from my inventory. I'm looking for original genosian fighers, second version a-wing fighters and tie bombers. I may be interested in other sets so let me know what you have.
ufjason

Postby Mars Needs LEGO » Fri Mar 14, 2014 5:19 pm

FINAL UPDATE. Dreams do come true! Got my order today, minifig included!

Thanks for the heads-up! Would have missed out if not for that.
Mars Needs LEGO

Postby dathomir » Sun Mar 16, 2014 5:56 am

Seems to be still available on the UK/Ireland Lego store

Got mine anyway!
dathomir

Postby dark flemish » Sun Mar 16, 2014 12:51 pm

Got mine yesterday in Belgium (Lego shop in Shopping Center Wijnegem)

Greetings,
Dark Flemish
dark flemish

Postby Darth Caedus » Fri Mar 21, 2014 6:26 am

Well it seems my S@H order failed to go through and I missed the promotion...had one of my people hit up my local Lego store though and bought Hydra Tank, Wheel Bike, DSTs, Kashyyykers, and the Gorilla Chima to trigger the promotion, and lo and behold, they gave them *two* Martian Manhunters because I was buying the sets for two intended recipients. So brick and mortar is the path to salvation for this promotion. I'm trying to decide whether to keep one or just hold on to both to resell down the line when the value spikes.
Darth Caedus

Postby twentythree » Sun Mar 23, 2014 9:27 pm

Got mine tonight at the Lego Store in Downtown Disney (Orlando). It was a nice surprise since I thought they were long out of stock.
"I aim to misbehave" - Malcolm Reynolds
"What I told you was true...from a certain point of view" - Obi Wan Kenobi
"A lion, a witch, and a wardrobe walk into a bar...stop me if you've heard this one" - me
twentythree

Previous

Return to Finds/Deals