Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

Martian Manhunter Now Available

Post your sales news here. Open forum. No Special Access Required!

Martian Manhunter Now Available

Postby Staff » Sat Mar 01, 2014 2:44 pm

5002126 Martian Manhunter

LEGO Shop@Home's promotion for March gives us all an opportunity to get Martian Manhunter J'onn J'onzz. All you'll need to do is hit up the Shop@Home site, and purchase a minimum of $75 worth of LEGO product. It will automagically be added to your cart with no coupon code required. Good news is that once you hit that $75 minimum, you'll also score free shipping. Offer is valid from March 1 until March 31 or while supplies last.

A number of new products have hit the site, including LEGO Star Wars, and some new Batman sets. There are still The LEGO Movie sets too, and the 70810 MetalBeard's Sea Cow is now available for general non-VIP member purchase.
---
Permalink: http://www.fbtb.net/2014/03/01/martian-manhunter-now-available-2/
Staff

Re: Martian Manhunter Now Available

Postby Trooper10 » Sat Mar 01, 2014 7:05 pm

...well except that more than half the new Star Wars stuff is out of stock still...
Trooper10

Postby Darth Caedus » Mon Mar 03, 2014 9:42 am

Wildly against my better judgment (should be saving for imminent post-grad ragnarok) I dropped $76 on the Riddla chase, AquaBatman vs Penguin, Hydra Tank, and Kashyyyk Troopahs to aggro that sweet, sweet Martian Manhunter exclusive.
Darth Caedus

Postby dWhisper » Mon Mar 03, 2014 12:07 pm

Most of the new stuff is at least backordered now, so you can order it and get the bonus. I already ordered two, Parisian restaurant for one, Jedi Defender for the other (hadn't gotten around to that one yet). I'll probably get a third later this month, since I need to get the BTTF set still, and perhaps the Police Gunship or something
If the above post didn't offend you, you're probably reading it wrong.
dWhisper

Postby hrafnblod » Tue Mar 11, 2014 10:35 am

Wow, that's a huge bummer. Kind of lame that they do these "month of _____" promotions and don't actually produce enough to last through the month.
hrafnblod

Postby minshopper » Tue Mar 11, 2014 11:30 am

Fortunately, I live only minutes from a brick and mortar LEGO store in north Texas. Did birthday shopping for my son last Friday and scored it. Not sure if they are still at the stores or not this week.
minshopper

Postby Nickds01 » Tue Mar 11, 2014 1:26 pm

I was just at the West Nyack, NY store. They had all the new Star Wars sets and plenty of Martian Manhunters left.
Not sure why other stores are out of stock already.
Nickds01

Postby Mars Needs LEGO » Tue Mar 11, 2014 1:40 pm

Saw this article and immediately checked my LEGO shop cart. The Martian Manhunter minifig was still included, so I placed that order lickety-split.

We'll see if I get one or not, but with any luck, I made it under the wire.
Mars Needs LEGO

Postby CaptainFordo » Tue Mar 11, 2014 2:00 pm

Is this the first time this has happened? I can't really think of any other of their minifigs that would have garnered such intense interest.

Not really surprised, given how few non-Batman/Superman Justice Leagers are out there, it's not that shocking. I mean, Jor-el, a minifigure Hulk, both non-essential figuresneither of which same "must-have" status as a minifigure needed to complete the Justice League. Not to mention the fact that Martian Manhunter was a big part of the DCAU cartoon which is where I'd guess a good swathe (swath?) of people first encountered both him and the League itself, or at least became more familiar with them.
CaptainFordo

Postby Inzane » Tue Mar 11, 2014 2:08 pm

hrafnblod wrote:Wow, that's a huge bummer. Kind of lame that they do these "month of _____" promotions and don't actually produce enough to last through the month.

CaptainFordo wrote:Is this the first time this has happened? I can't really think of any other of their minifigs that would have garnered such intense interest.

I think you can thank the Lego Investors for what`s happened here. I think they are scooping up tonnes of these with multiple orders with the intent of reselling on ebay, etc. ònce the promo is finished.
Inzane

Postby Pellaeon » Tue Mar 11, 2014 2:13 pm

Wow. Considering how often they have freebie leftovers at the end of the month, running out less than two weeks in is impressive. Maybe they'll consider a second run of figures?

I just hope this inspires them to do a) more promo Superheroes, b) more of the Justice League, or c) the dream scenario: DC Superheroes Collectable Minifigs.
Pellaeon

Postby cleverusername » Tue Mar 11, 2014 2:23 pm

Inzane wrote:I think you can thank the Lego Investors for what`s happened here.
That was my thought when I first heard this. It really is too bad. I think that anything that gets in the way of kids wanting to play with Lego is not good. Running out of the only available version of a character needed to complete a team ruins the fun.
cleverusername

Postby phoenixhawk » Tue Mar 11, 2014 3:12 pm

I was hoping to get this figure, but as soon as I saw this article, I snapped up one on ebay for only $13 with free shipping. Figured I should grab him before the price goes up because of the "lego investors" previously mentioned. I'm good with that price...saves spending $75 on stuff and/or the gas to get to a retail store, so a win for me :)
phoenixhawk

Postby wyldjedi » Tue Mar 11, 2014 3:13 pm

Do not blame the 'Lego investors' here... this is the same old tactic Lego has been doing by producing special edition, promotional, and limited quantity figures the past 5+ years.
wyldjedi

Postby Trooper10 » Tue Mar 11, 2014 4:18 pm

Whew - my Lego package just arrived with MMH in tact - plus they threw in a nifty 'lenticular'* Lego Movie sticker

* yes I had to look up what it was called - google search "what are those things where the picture changes when you change the angle"
Trooper10

Postby Ultron32 » Tue Mar 11, 2014 4:27 pm

W O W
Glad I managed to snag a pair of these last week.
Thought you'd like this about the Vatican cameos.
Ultron32

Postby Gooker1 » Tue Mar 11, 2014 5:30 pm

wyldjedi wrote:Do not blame the 'Lego investors' here... this is the same old tactic Lego has been doing by producing special edition, promotional, and limited quantity figures the past 5+ years.

Jedi is right. Lego made a limited # of these compared to other promos. The mgr even told me they got only 3 boxes per store which is less than half the normal promo. Ergo, not many of these compared to other freebies.
Gooker1

Postby kurokun » Tue Mar 11, 2014 5:48 pm

As someone in a country where there is no LEGO store:
Read post. Run to ebay. Price still low. Buy 2. All good.

Thanks for the heads-up guys.
kurokun

Postby eriochrome » Tue Mar 11, 2014 6:06 pm

I had a partial order from Lego arrive today. It was mainly just the stuff I ordered to get to free shipping after I tried to find a Cloud Cuckoo set around locally. That is still back ordered but so other stuff showed up along with the Martian Manhunter. More of a Marvel man so I had to look up who he was. I have none of the super hero stuff now so I will probably leave him in the bag until my son gets old enough for him.
eriochrome

Postby dWhisper » Tue Mar 11, 2014 7:08 pm

Gooker1 wrote:
wyldjedi wrote:Do not blame the 'Lego investors' here... this is the same old tactic Lego has been doing by producing special edition, promotional, and limited quantity figures the past 5+ years.

Jedi is right. Lego made a limited # of these compared to other promos. The mgr even told me they got only 3 boxes per store which is less than half the normal promo. Ergo, not many of these compared to other freebies.

It's not even a tactic, really, just a regular business process. That's why it had this line "or while supplies last only" in the description for the deal. The fact that it's limited is what makes it enticing, no different from any other bonus special, low price, or exclusive sets as well. We go through this all the time as well. We saw almost the exact same threads with the Hoth Rebel base back in the day, or limited edition Advents that weren't released in the states, etc.

It sucks to wait for them, but that's the risk with anything like this.
If the above post didn't offend you, you're probably reading it wrong.
dWhisper

Next

Return to Finds/Deals