Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

GameStop Offers Western Emmet Pre-order Bonus

Post your sales news here. Open forum. No Special Access Required!

GameStop Offers Western Emmet Pre-order Bonus

Postby Staff » Wed Feb 05, 2014 12:50 am

Western Emmet

The LEGO Movie Videogame is nearly upon us and GameStop is offering a pre-order bonus. You can get the above-pictured exclusive Western Emmet (check out that face!) with your pre-order of the game. Bonus is valid for all systems (3DS/2DS, Playstation 3, Playstation 4, PS Vita, Wii U, XBox 360, Xbox One). Sorry, PC owners, you can get the game but no minifigure. Hit up Gamestop to choose your system's game. The game will be released this Friday February 7.
---
Permalink: http://www.fbtb.net/2014/02/04/gamestop-offers-western-emmet-pre-order-bonus/
Staff

Re: GameStop Offers Western Emmet Pre-order Bonus

Postby RfAurora » Wed Feb 05, 2014 10:36 am

My family would consider this sad, but I preordered the PS3 version just for the minifigure and ticket offer. I just hope that the ticket works at theatres near me, and that the weather doesn't take a drastic turn Friday.
RfAurora

Postby onions » Wed Feb 05, 2014 12:11 pm

anyone know if the figure is packaged inside like the iron patriot was for the lego marvel game?
onions
Damp Noodle

Postby banthafodder » Wed Feb 05, 2014 1:06 pm

I'd assume that since Walmart has a different exclusive figure for pre-order that they would be separate but don't know for sure.
banthafodder

Postby The_Chosen_1 » Wed Feb 05, 2014 1:13 pm

Sheesh.....how many exclusive minifigures is this movie gonna have?!
The_Chosen_1

Postby Mofo Jones » Wed Feb 05, 2014 5:06 pm

No minifigure for the PC version buyers? Too bad.
Will Tactically Consult for money, food or LEGO.
Mofo Jones
Staff Writer

Postby hobbie » Wed Feb 05, 2014 8:18 pm

The Walmart page says that the minifigure is inside the case, I'd imagine it's the same for the Gamestop version as well.
hobbie

Postby RfAurora » Wed Feb 05, 2014 11:36 pm

I hope so. I'd hate to get there Friday morning and find out that they're all out or try to give me a copy without the minifigure. They almost got away with doing something similar with a different game.
RfAurora

Postby gomek » Thu Feb 06, 2014 8:20 am

I just checked out the Walmart exclusive. I think I'd more lean toward that one. Real question is what these things will be going for on ebay, as I have no desire to buy two copies of the game. Iron Patriot is going for about $30 so maybe it make more sense to buy two and sell the game.
gomek

Postby ufjason » Thu Feb 06, 2014 8:40 am

Okay, so the Walmart exclusive looks like it will be packaged in the box just like Iron Patriot. The Gamestop is in a separate bag (just saw it yesterday at a store).

Both AMC and Regal are running specials for their rewards members. AMC Stubs members get the same robo DJ (CMF DJ with different head and hair/headphones) from WM at the theater when showing their card and getting a 3D ticket. Regal Crown Club members get an Emmet in Pajamas (same body as the pajama kid with teddy bear from CMF) when showing their card and getting a 3D ticket.

To be honest, with the abundance of Emmet figures in the line and easy to acquire CMF Pajama kid, the Regal promo isn't as attractive. The Robo DJ at least has a robot head and a new hair color with headphones. Too bad I dislike the AMC's around here.
eBay store, contact me if you'd like to perform trades from my inventory. I'm looking for original genosian fighers, second version a-wing fighters and tie bombers. I may be interested in other sets so let me know what you have.
ufjason

Postby Ultron32 » Thu Feb 06, 2014 6:01 pm

I'll be getting the AMC promo probably but I will try to get this Emmet elsewhere, as well as PJ Emmet.
Thought you'd like this about the Vatican cameos.
Ultron32

Postby RfAurora » Fri Feb 07, 2014 3:22 pm

I walked into GameStop this morning to pick up my preorder. I didn't see a minifigure, so I inquired about it. The manager told me that an employee took them and distributed them to his close friends and that they were all out.
RfAurora

Postby banthafodder » Sat Feb 08, 2014 7:36 pm

You might want to try a different game stop. I went into one today and asked if they had any extra and told them that I bought the game at another store and did not receive one. They went ahead and gave me one even without receipt.
banthafodder

Postby darth_fett » Sun Feb 09, 2014 1:44 am

3 day notice on preorder figs!? Crud, i missed my AMC minifig cos i shut my phone off before entering the theatre and missed this. I didn't want to get shot though. Western Emmet is pretty cute, but i want an army of Unikitty! Spoiler!!!

Chomping angry Unikittys!
darth_fett

Postby RfAurora » Sun Feb 09, 2014 10:53 am

banthafodder wrote:You might want to try a different game stop. I went into one today and asked if they had any extra and told them that I bought the game at another store and did not receive one. They went ahead and gave me one even without receipt.

I thought about that, but its probably a little late at this point. I'll just check ebay or bricklink sometime.
RfAurora

Return to Finds/Deals