Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

LEGO Movie Sets Spotted In The Wild

Post your sales news here. Open forum. No Special Access Required!

LEGO Movie Sets Spotted In The Wild

Postby Staff » Tue Dec 24, 2013 10:13 am

71004 The LEGO Movie Collectible Minifigs

Street date be damned. LEGO Movie sets have been spotted and purchased by yours truly. The sets have a street date of December 29, while the collectible minifigs have a date of January 1, which makes no sense to me since those dates are just two days apart. They were acquired at Target and Toys'R'Us stores but during my hunt, while I spotted some sets and figs at some stores, most of them were adhering to the street date while others had no problem selling me the stuff.

---
Permalink: http://www.fbtb.net/2013/12/24/lego-movie-sets-spotted-in-the-wild/
Staff

Re: LEGO Movie Sets Spotted In The Wild

Postby Ultron32 » Tue Dec 24, 2013 11:07 am

Just2Good Eurobricks on Youtube (A.k.a. Lego Toy Story News on Flickr) has found several of the sets.
Thought you'd like this about the Vatican cameos.
Ultron32

Postby banthafodder » Tue Dec 24, 2013 11:24 am

I had found the metalbeard set at Target a few days ago but when I tried to purchase it, it came up with a no sale date until Jan 1st so the manager wouldn't let me buy it and cleared the others from the shelf.
banthafodder

Postby april81972 » Tue Dec 24, 2013 1:06 pm

Found and purchased the last 8 minifigs from a local TRU. Checked another one and one Target but nothing available. Kids will be psyched!
april81972

Postby onions » Tue Dec 24, 2013 1:32 pm

banthafodder wrote:I had found the metalbeard set at Target a few days ago but when I tried to purchase it, it came up with a no sale date until Jan 1st so the manager wouldn't let me buy it and cleared the others from the shelf.

i had the same experience at one target with collectible minifigs. i tried to appeal to the sales side of the manager pointing out the lego aisle was completely ravaged and barren of any product except for a few creator and star wars sets, but she wouldn't budge. the store i got lucky though, i think they were on their sales game. what i think happened was the store manager realized that he needed to put product on the shelf and cleared the street date restriction from their computer system so they can make some customers happy. that's what i assume is happening at tru too.
onions
Damp Noodle

Postby Solo » Tue Dec 24, 2013 1:38 pm

Spotted three ice creme trucks and a flying police car at Target today. Didn't see any tags but I'm assuming they were getting bought.
                                                                                                                           Image
Solo

Postby Clavius » Tue Dec 24, 2013 6:51 pm

Managed to grab the cycle chase set (since that one had both Emmett and Wyldstyle) and 4 packs of minifigs for stocking stuffers for my son. Between this and scoring nearly all the Disney Princess sets for my daughter it is going to me a merry Lego Christmas indeed! Far as they knew, these wouldn't be available till next year!
Clavius

Return to Finds/Deals